tips about my 2000pt Imperial Fists plz anyone? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is this a "good army"?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 58.33%
  • No

5 41.67%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tips about my 2000pt Imperial Fists plz anyone?

Hi fellow forum members,

I am recently new to this forum and I was wondering if anyone could help me out by giving me suggestions/tips in using this army that I have. I have played a few games and its about 50/50 sucess rate.
    Someone suggested Assault, Assault, Assault, but I'm not too sure (is it a blanced army?).

Any suggestions or help would be very grateully received :roll:

:oops: Imperial Fists Army :oops:

1 Chaplain (HQ) @ 140 Pts
    Crozius Arcanum; Plasma Pistol (x1); Rosarius
    Jump Pack [20]
    Artificer Armour [20]
    Terminator Honours [15]

8 Assault Squad (Fast Attack) @ 235 Pts
    Bolt Pistol & CCWep. (x6); Plasma P. & CC Wep. (x2); Frag Grenades; Jump
    Packs

1 Sergeant @ [25] Pts
    Frag Grenades; Jump Packs

4 Terminator Squad (Elites) @ 240 Pts
    Power Fist (x4); Storm Bolter (x2); Assault Cannon (x1); Heavy Flamer (x1)

1 Sergeant @ [42] Pts
    Power Weapon (x1); Storm Bolter
    #Terminator Armour [0]

1 Dreadnought (Elites) @ 138 Pts
    Front Armour: 12; Side Armour: 12; Rear Armour: 10; Dread. CC Weapon;
    Heavy Flamer; Twin Lascannon
    Smoke Launchers [3]

1 The Emperor's Champion @ 105 Pts
    Bolt Pistol
    #Purity Seals [0]
    #Iron Halo [0]
    #Master Crafted Weapon [0]
    #Black Sword [0]
    #Artificer Armour [0]
    #Terminator Honours [0]

8 Tactical Squad (Troops) @ 194 Pts
    Bolter (x7); Flamer (x1)

1 Sergeant @ [15] Pts
    Bolt Pistol & CCWep.

1 Rhino APC @ [53] Pts
    Storm Bolter
    Smoke Launchers [3]

4 Tactical Squad (Troops) @ 80 Pts
    Bolter (x3); Heavy Bolter (x1)

1 Sergeant @ [15] Pts
    Bolter

4 Tactical Squad (Troops) @ 81 Pts
    Bolter (x3); Plasma Gun (x1)

1 Sergeant @ [15] Pts
    Bolter

4 Scout Squad (Troops) @ 65 Pts
    Bolt Pistol & CCWep. (x4)

1 Sergeant @ [13] Pts
    Bolt Pistol & CCWep.

2 Bike Squad (Fast Attack) @ 115 Pts
    Twin Bolter; Bolt Pistol (x1); Meltagun (x1)

1 Sergeant @ [35] Pts
    Twin Bolter; Bolt Pistol; Close Combat Weapon

1 Land Speeder (Fast Attack) @ 65 Pts
    Multi-Melta (x1)

6 Devastator Squad (Heavy Support) @ 215 Pts
    Bolter (x2); Lascannon (x2); Missile Launcher (x2)

1 Sergeant @ [15] Pts
    Bolter

1 Whirlwind Battery (Heavy Support) @ 75 Pts
    Multirocket Launcher

1 Land Raider (Heavy Support) @ 253 Pts
    Linked Lascannon (x2); Twin Heavy Bolters
    Smoke Launchers [3]

Models in Army: 55

Total Army Cost: 2001

Come into our musty tombs @khemri.co.uk

(600+ members and growing).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

You need more marines and scouts, try to get full squads (or at least all squads at 8 guys strong), or make em 6 strong and get some Razorbacks. Same goes for the bikes, get some more, you might also want to add an attack bike to that unit.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good army there. I think it is fairly well rounded. I have to agree with Bornin though. Combine the two 5 man troops into a single tactical squad. I would seriously consider maintaining your tactical squads to 8-10 models.

The scouts... not sure why you have them. If you want a force that can infiltrate and have a wide range of tactical use, beef up their numbers to 8-10 men. Otherwise I would keep their current size and arm them with sniper rifles. As a small sniper force able to harrass and pin a single unit, they will have a more specialized, but useful, role in your army.

As for your tactical marines, I think arming them with flamers and assualt style weapons (melta/plasma gun) over heavy weapons is the way to go. Otherwise you have lost the mobility of your force simply so 1-2 models can fire their weapons in a given turn. You have plenty of anti-tank units to take out the armor. Let your troops be able to move around by dropping the heavy weapons. I would also consider adding a bit more mobility to your troops making sure 2-3 full units each get a rhino.

The land raider is an awesome model. I always wonder about the effectivenes of them given the point costs. Especially as they seem to be round magnets for just about anything that can fire. I am certain that they are used to transport your termies. But given as your termies are not tooled up for CC, maybe you can downgrade to a predator and use the points to get and extra tractical squad (bringing your number up to 3 tactical units total) with some rhinos. I guess you have to judge how effective your landraider has been (it IS an awfully nice model).

I just want to conclude do NOT ignore the size of your units just because of the 'they shall know no fear' rule. Recent clarifications on it have introduced some critical weakpoints with marines (if an enemy is within 6" they will not rally). Having more models mean they can take a few losses before having to make a moral check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx for replies.. my reasons and tactics...

Dear fellow forum users,

Thanks you very very much for your replies about my Imperial Fist army

Let me explain my reasoning on some points you alerted me to....

1)I see one of the key points you made is a larger unit size is better i.e 8+
    2)Increase moblility through 2-3 more rhinos, and 5 man strong bikesquad
    3)Scout Squad usage
    4)Land Raider usage
    5) Heavy weapons in tact squads
    6) My tactics

1) I have read a very convinving article having two 5 man tact squads instead of one ten man: these are my reasons why...

a)Enemy has to split fire- instead of firing on one 10 man squad, this forces the enemy to split fire which limits their no. of kills (e.g darkreaper squad, can only kill a max of 5)

b)Ordnance hits less models

c)Battle line can cover more ground to capture/cover terriority

d) You can use a small 5 man tact squad to hold an assualting enemy unit in place, and then counter attack ( i use my dread here, also two 5 man squad can sheild a dread better than 1 ten)

e) THEY ARE MORE LIKELY TO FLEE (GOOD THING)- LET ME EXPLAIN
    They can always regroup (except when enemy is with 6in)- SPACE MARINES ARE ALL ABOUT using your small numbers to your advantage.If an enemy assaults a 5 man squad , they(5 man squad) are beaten and they flee. The enemy here can either ignore them or pursue. If they ignore, no big deal they just rally. If they pursue they can either (a) be pursuing short, in which case u have an unengaged enemy unit stuck in your battle line :lol: (so a 75 point squad is bait for something else e.g striking scrpions) or either ( They catch up with them and assault them, (which takes another turn), or if the marines survive to flee again , it would draw the enemy further and further away from the battleline. :lol:
    (theres more to this than that, look up on google for this site)

f)An enemy has to kill 8 men from 2 different squads to silence ur heavy weapons, and ur heavy weapons have better LOS if in 2 squads.

2) Increasing mobility: Rhinos are expensive!!! as are bike!!! in points. Please refer to my army tactics below....... for more info

3)Scout usage: a cheap 65 point squad which infiltrates>>a) fights other infiltrators b)assualt an enemies front line to block LOS for units behind it
    c) a distraction (in a recent game my opponent sent a whole orgyn squad in a chimera to deal with scouts and although they lots , they held them up for 2 WHOLE TURNS)

4) Land Raider usage: Its only a transport for termies, if i wanted shooting i would definitely have 2 predators and theLand raider model is awesome!

5) Heavy weapons in tact squads: These are dead cheap, they are like versatile fire or not fire weapons that just addd extra fire power i.e 5 points for a heavy bolter. IN tact squads they are also hard to silence cause you usually have to kill everyone then him

6)My tactics: Basically I assault using a refused flank/pincer movement depending on cover and army facing. (Rhino with Emp Champ, marine), (Assault squad with Chaplain) and (Terminator in Land raider) Then all the rest of my amy is either advancing in support, or provding a solid firebase (dev squad, whirlwing), with bikes to act as reserves/hunt tanks and scouts to distract and tie up.

Thats all I had to say, What do you think? :lol: 8O ?
    I like your suggestion of more men ( my 2k point army only has 55) but i just dont wanna paint tactical marines as they are a little.....boring

Again thx for replying.... WHat do you think? PLease post replies or
    You can contact me on plasmapuff@hotmail.com
    Thx People
    "I have never made a mistake, just learnt from experience" - Edison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Thx for replies.. my reasons and tactics...

Great tactics, the reduced numbers are a good plan. But, HishamEQ has a point, you should downgrade your Land Raider to a Predator, maybe an Anihilatter patern. The extra points will get you a few more sqauds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with those of you wanting to drop the Landraider, I almost never use them myself save the 'Crusader'

I would have more models in the devastator squad if I were you, this way the eneny has to score more hits on the squad before any hvy weapons are lost. Try using at least 8 models in the squad and place them on a single line with max distance between the models. Place the hvy weapons on the sides, two on each side to making the hvy weapons harder to get with ordnance.

I also agree with you dorn on the 5 men teams, I use some of the same tactic myself with great success, I give them one meltagun, a lascannon, a vet sgt with meltabombs and stick them all in a rhino/razorback. I usually have two of these units, then I go tank hunting. hehehe...

If you are going to switch out the Landraider I would suggest you get another Devastator Squad as these in my opinion is the real strenght behind a Space Marine force
    Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Landraider

Dear fellow forum members,

I would like to achknowlege your advice on the landraider
    Although I have some queries

1) Removing the landraider, would severly impact on the effectiveness of the terminator squad, as I mostly use it to transort termies into ccw in turn 2. Because my experince with walking termies, is that they tend to die easily even with 5+ inv, and one they loose a few, there impact is reduced significantly.

2) i've already bought the model

3) I have found great use in the landraider, becoming a magnet (an expensive one at that) for heavy weapons. If this goes, i feel concerned
    there would be more focus on rhinos, assualt squads, which are really the core of my assault.

Again thanks very much for your suggestions. PLease keep them coming :roll: Any suggetions/comments anyone?

from dorn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jeez, u got it together, makes me wonder why you asked for help in the first place :wink:

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snipers!

Snipers! may come in handy against those pesky eldar wraithlords...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BIT RUN OF THE MILL

YOUR ARMYS OK BUT A BIT LACKING IN COMBAT TROOPS TACTICAL SQUADS WITH CHAPLAIN OR EMPORAS CHAMP IN RHINOS WITH POWER WEAPON AND CLOSE COMBAT WEAPONS (IVE GOT 3) REALY KICK KEEP THE LAND RAIDER TO DRAW HEAVY WEAPONS FIRE FROM THE RHINOS
    AND HAVE TELEPORT HOMERS IN THE SQUADS SO THAT YOU CAN TELEPORT TERMIES WITH LIGHTNIG CLAWS TO SUPORT YOURE TROOPS IN ASSAULT

ORK STILL RULE AND CAN KILL ANY FING (BUT NIDZ DA BUGZ BEAT ME OH THE SHAME).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast