Waagh Tigahz Ork Warband...... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I decided to focus mainly on Anti-vechicle tactic in my Ork Warband. I have included:

Warboss w/ Mega Armor
    Mounted in Wartrukk w/ Big Shoota
    Kombi Shoota w/ Rockit launcha
    Stikk bomb Chucka
    Ammo runt x 3

146 points

Slugga Boyz x 16
    2 Burnas
    1 Nob w/ power claw, Slugga and eavy armor

201 points

Shoota Boyz x 16
    2 Burnas
    1 Nob w/ power claw and eavy armor

186 points

Trukk Boyz x 10
    1 Nob with Power claw, slugga and eavy armor

165 points

Stikk Bommas x 16

160 points

Ork Kannons x 3
    3 extra crew per gun
    1 Mek

99 points

Killer Kans x 1

45 points

Total: 1002 points

Thats my Ork warband. All the people I play with don't care if your 1 or 2 point above the limit. If you have any suggestions just post them and let me know.......

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks alright. But you don't need the ammo runts, the Kombi Shoota/Rokkit only fires a rokkit once. And the shoota boyz and stikk bommas aren't as good as slugga boyz or burna boys. Take a burna boyz mob with a mekboy, and give him super stikkbommz (S10 + 2D6 vs vehicle.) And change the kannons to zzap guns. Kannons miss too much (Ork BS2), and zzaps never miss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good to me thanks for the help!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks pretty good, but I would scrap the stikkbommerz unless you expect to be playing a field with a bunch of soft and hard cover. I have a 16 boyz squad, and good lord I never get to take em.

You have the Warboss in a trukk, but double check to see that he can have a trukk without a bodygaurd. I thought the trukk was part of the bodygaurd, but I could be wrong.

At the top you mention you kinda wanted an anti-vehicle army. What I have for anti-vehicle is a looted basilisk with indirect fire and a pimped out tankbustas squad. (by pimped out, I'm talkin 3 rokkits, a fourth in the hands of a Nob with 3 ammo runts). I can usually lay low almost anything with that, especially if I get first turn.

I love trukk boyz. I basically have the same configuration you do, but I have a burna in the squad, and I don't have the heavy armor (he doesn't get the save untill he's the minority, which is pretty much never as I understand things).

And a bit of personal preference, I never leave home without my 3 kans. They have yet to dissapoint me in their ability to cause meyhem on the field. In a 1000 pnts, it might be tough to squeeze em in, but I always find a way :w
    Has the soul any function which could not be executed by means of anything else whatsoever? - Socrates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Your pimped out Tankbustas sound great! Did you convert any of them? Oh and i was planning on taking a looted basilisk. Oh and by the way, what do you mean by indirect fire?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I converted my tankbustas using the dreadnought rokkits piece. Two of em gave me 4 rokkits (2 from each), and I basically did a shoota -> rokkit conversion. I think they have a picture in the codex. The Nob I used the Waahhgg banner Nob but instead of the huge icon, I put one of the rokkits. I'll try to get a pic up soon.

As for the Basilisk, looted vehicles can have weapons options from their parent codex list. In the current imperial gaurd codex, the basilisk has a weapons option of indirect fire. The normal range on the gun is 0" - 120", but with the 25pnt upgrade, you can ALSO fire it as a barrage-style guess weapon with a range of 36" - 240" if you wish. And since you don't use the balistic skill with ordinance, there really isn't any drawback when using it with orks (unless you really like that heavy bolter on the front). Hope this was helpful!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds pimp!! But don't you use the Ordanance template when firing the normal Earthshaker anyway? Or is a one time shot? It does say Ordanace......... Well i'll see if i can buy one this weekend. Powah to dah waaaaagh!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for not being clear, yeah you use the ordinance every time you fire, indirect or otherwise. And the indirect fire can be used all the time, none of the time, or some of the time. Definitely not a one shot deal. (last time I played, I took out a necron monolith first turn, complete obliteration. Then I lobbed ordinance on pesky warriors that were trying to stay safe to avoid phase out. It was pretty sweet&#33 :w

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx for the tips!!! Keep it up with your pimp Orks!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with millsnat, get rid of the stikbombas. Replace them with the tricked out Tankbustas...As I did. You can still use the Stik Bombas minis, just add tankbusta bombs to them, 3 Rokkits, and the Nob wiv rokkit.
    Try that out, should pay off...enemy vehicles beware...WAAAGH!
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast