Dark Eldar Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Dark Eldar Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay made some adjustments to the army, kicked somethings out and took some new playthings into the army!!

HQ
    1 archon 60 pts
    4 Incubis 100 pts
    Wargear
    Shadowfield (25 pts)
    Argoniser (20 pts)
    Poisned blades (5 pts)
    Crusom talisman (2 pts)
    Hellmask (5 pts)
    Combat drugs (25 pts)
    Raider + 55 pts

297pts

3 raider squads 10 each + sybrite
    468 + 3 blaster (15 pts) 3 darklance (30)
    Scaling nets (15 pts)
    Hellmask (15 pts)
    +6 pts

363 pts

Fast attack
    10 helions + 1 succubus
    1 blaster (6 pts)
    Archangel of pain 5 pts.
    Animus vitæ + 15
    Grusome talisman 2pts.
    Close combat weapons + 1 pts

Elites
    Mandrakes 10

Heavy
    1 sourge troop (5 sourges)
    webway portal (50 pts.)
    dark lances (100 pts)
    cucibal of maladiction (20 pts)
    Hellmask (5 pts)
    Grusome talisman + 2pts
    253 pts

Ravager 3 desintegrator 120

Talos 100 pts

about 1500 pts not sure

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think your Raider squads can put much use to a Dark Lance, as they are heavy. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think they can ride in a moving transport and fire them in one turn. The Raiders have Dark Lances anyways, so you might want to switch the troop's Dark Lances to Spliter Cannons. Other than that, it looks great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that the raider squads would be better equiped with splinter cannons if you are planning to keep them inside the raider. If you have the raider squad deployed seperate from the raider they make a cost effective 'sniper' squad with the dark lance.

From what i've seen, mandrakes are the most useful if the squad is full. Consider dropping the combat drugs from your raider squads and having more mandrakes. Just my two cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool thanks for the help guys!!!
    nice to see people tha acculy support me!!

im the only dark eldar player in my town and thats a big town!!!!
    its so unfair towards me!! me against everyone else!!!
    well still thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi...i'm new to the board so i figured i'd start here since DE are sort of my FAVORITE heh...i see a couple things here that would be useful to change...

we'll start HQ...

HQ
    1 archon 60 pts
    4 Incubis 100 pts
    Wargear
    Shadowfield (25 pts)
    Argoniser (20 pts)
    Poisned blades (5 pts)
    Crusom talisman (2 pts)
    Hellmask (5 pts)
    Combat drugs (25 pts)
    Raider + 55 pts

in 1500pts games, i've found it very useful to use a RJB Archon (Reaver Jetbike)...usually tooled out with Agonizer, Shadowfield, Combat Drugs, Tormentor Helm and a Splinter pistol. about 166pts, and VERY effective. but if you really want to go this route, which i also LOVE Incubi, i've often found them more effective in groups of 5-6...being that if you lose 1 or 2 of them, you may fallback, and it's not a good thing to see your most expensive unit on the field falling back. as far as the wargear...most of what you have been putting up doesn't pull it's weight in points. the trailsman and hellmask can be dropped because, at least for me, they never work out enough. and i would drop the poisoned blades for a splinter pistol.

3 raider squads 10 each + sybrite
    468 + 3 blaster (15 pts) 3 darklance (30)
    Scaling nets (15 pts)
    Hellmask (15 pts)
    +6 pts

your troops need alot of work...they are too generalized and will get cut apart in assualt or close combat...even though they are rather shooty...they don't have a specific job for the game, such as tank busting, or troop killer...try some troops that look like this

Raider Squad
    x10 Warriors
    Sybarite w/ agonizer and splinter pistol

that is a very good and cost effective Raider Squad...as it may not look it, it is very good in close combat, and the agonizer gives a much needed punch for the biggies.
    for tank busting, something like

Sniper Squad
    x10 Warriors x2 w/ Dark Lance

these guys are best used in good cover knocking out big tanks with their dark lances...don't want them to do too much besides that...with 2 of these units set up oppisite of each other can make a crossfire lane that will make your enemy cry for their mommys

another good Raider Sqaud is

x10 Warriors 1 w/ blaster 1 w/ splinter cannon

these guys are very shooty and are great for taking down numbers of footsloggers, and the blaster adds a nice touch of last second tank popping incase your snippers are tied up.

Fast attack
    10 helions + 1 succubus
    1 blaster (6 pts)
    Archangel of pain 5 pts.
    Animus vitæ + 15
    Grusome talisman 2pts.
    Close combat weapons + 1 pts

personally, i don't care for Hellions too much...but i have heard many people say they work wonders in large numbers. what my friends have said is not too take too much wargear with the succubus and to not take assualt weapons. the succubus should be equiped with a Tormentor Helm and Punisher, and sometimes haywire gernades.

if possible, a unit of 5 Reaver Jetbikes x2 with blasters, Succubus with Agonizer and tormentor helm is VERY effective in close quarters...esspecially when there is a RJB Archon to join them. Just a thought

Mandrakes 10

i've never personally used Mandrakes, but they look interesting, and a couple people i have played against have had a lot of success with them. Numbers is another plus.

1 sourge troop (5 sourges)
    webway portal (50 pts.)
    dark lances (100 pts)
    cucibal of maladiction (20 pts)
    Hellmask (5 pts)
    Grusome talisman + 2pts
    253 pts

Ravager 3 desintegrator 120

Scourge are great...Dark Lances are good...but try them with Splinter Cannons...very effective and great at killing troops...with all the other dark lances in the army from raiders and whatnot, they aren't really needed anymore. again, the wargear is a bit much and could be toned down a bit...a Sybarite with Agonizer and Splinter Pistol is good enough...and you ahve to ask yourself what you would use the Webway portal for? usually the only things that would be really effective for is Grotesques or Talos, and you don't have any of them...so it isn't needed.

The Ravager with 3 dissies is a great addition.

I hope you don't take any of what i said the wrong way. A lot of the advise i gave was how to make an effective army list, that can deal with a number of other armys, with the models you had in your original list. it was not ment to be hostile in anyway.

BTW, have you ever used Wyches? they are probably one of the best units in the game, and have done wonders for me.

good luck
    Nad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the great help man. Really going to help me form up my army, and no i havnt used Wyches but thought alot about it!!! but hey since they are somewhat expensive where i come from!!! soo thats proberbly the only reason why i dont use them!!! soooo yeah well this is good help i will see what can be done about that lil army of mine

thanks for the help guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey man, i'm really glad that i could be of some help...if you are looking for cheap stuff...check out Ebay...you can get stuff really cheap there...good luck and repost when ya get the new list up...i can't wait to see it!

Closed Thread