1000 Points O Speed Freekness - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my first draft for a speed freek army. This is also my first ever posting. Please, be gentle. :unsure:

Total: 1017 (might remove 2 slugga boyz to get this down to 999)

HQ: (mounted in battlewagon) 93

Warboss
    choppa
    Kombi weapon: shoota/skorcha
    ‘Eavy armour
    Attack Squig
    Big horns/iron gob
    Bosspole

Elites:

6 ‘Ard boyz (mounted in battlewagon) 84

Troops:

10 Slugga trukk boyz 90
    Wartrukk 43
    Red paint job
    Grot riggers
    Big shoota

10 Slugga trukk boyz 90
    Wartrukk 43
    Red paint job
    Grot riggers
    Big shoota

10 Shoota trukk boyz 80
    Wartrukk 43
    Red paint job
    Grot riggers
    Big shoota

Warbuggy 71
    Twin-linked big shootas
    Red paint jobs Spikes ‘n blades
    Grot riggers
    Turbo boostas
    Armour plates

Fast attack:

Fighta-bommerz raid 30

5 Warbike Outriders 175

Heavy support:
    Battlewagon 175
    Zzap gun
    2 Twin-linked rokkit launchas
    Red paint job
    Turbo boosta
    grot riggers
    Armour plates
    force field
    krusher
    Spikes 'n blades

I have 2 major worries. First is that the battlewagon and the warbuggy are point holes, and second that if i was to come upon ig or sm armies that my battlewagon wont be able to take out all the tanks. i would take some tankbustas instead of 'ard boys, but that would leave my battlewagon mostly empty. otherwise, any immence flaws in the list guys?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Okay, I'm not too experienced with Orks but I'll take a crack at this...

Personally I like the choppa/power claw combo for the Warboss, it's not like his shooting is going to have a drastic impact, and he'll always have something very nice in close combat this way .

The Ard Boyz are really too small in number, either drop some other unit to increase these, or drop the Ard Boyz themselves altogether.

I'd drop the Warbuddy, I just don't like AV 10 things that need to shoot to inflict damage (@ BS2). Use the points for more Ard boyz .

Not sure what a fighta bomma raid does exactly, IIRC it's like preliminary bombardment aye? Not sure about it, I might drop it to get some Nobz for the Slugga Boyz instead.
    Warbikes rawk though .
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when i started freeks i had a few of the problems that i notice uve got too, and ur list aint too bad, but needs some change. Battle wagons are great, always have one. only have 2 in a 2000. ard boyz are useless, their just boys with a 4 armor. take skarboyz in their stead jakked up with burnas. dont bother with a boss with a 4 plus, break down and give him mega armor. stick im with 19 skarboyz in a jakked wagon. ur using outriders. not a bad choice, i even used to use nob bikers (in all their expensive glory) i also see ur using a buggy, they are typically a weapon platform. dispose of it. give all ur trukks rokkits, giv all ur mobz rokkits or burnas. dont ever, i mean EVER use big shootas in a freek army, they are anti-infantry weapons, ORKS ARE ANTI INFANTRY WEAPONS, u need stuff to kill big stuff, boyz&#39;ll take the normal stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the point you make about big shootas, saying that the orks do a fine job taking down nme infantry. ill change the big shootas on the wartrukks to rokkit launchas. and im gonna drop the warbuggy. I disagree about the &#39;ard boyz though, so ill keep them and prob get more. A point about 2 battlewagons, though, thats illegal. you can only have 1 per army.

Closed Thread