8th ED. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

8th ED. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

So, what are all your thoughts on 8th Edition so far? What has changed in your army? What is looking stronger? What prominent units are now left on the shelf and what are you taking by the bucket load now?

Personally, I've not had the chance to play any 8th ED games with my guard so I can only really comment on Marines.

Looking at Centurions and their huge points hike I just can't see myself taking them anymore. Although 3 with twin Heavy Bolters and Hurricane Bolters is a ridiculous amount of Dakka. One thing I have fallen in love with is Razorbacks. They're a lot tougher and now pack a serious punch for their size/points. Twin Assault Cannons and a Storm Bolter puts out a lot of hurt for 'only' 102pts. Twin Lascannons are also very scary.

Whilst Land raiders are dead killy and tough as nails they come in at around 350pts which means you won't be having multiples of them anymore :/ Sad as I have three. Still, a 2+ Sv and 16 wounds is VERY durable. Especially with a handy Techmarine around to patch things up.

Speaking of Techmarines, with the 'Battalion' detachment being the main detachment for me I'm forced to take a second HQ. Techmarines are a cheap choice and fairly useful. They are actually surprisingly tough as well with a 2+Sv and 4 wounds. They're not that bad in combat with with 3 attacks, a power axe and a servo arm.

The one thing that scares me though is my Guard. I'm going to have to take multiple (and I mean Multiple) detachments to fit all my troops choices in now they have done away with the Platoon structure Although the Patrol detachment would work easy enough as a 'Platoon' I guess.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i can see that a lot has been changed. if we look at tau the broadsides only go for around 50 points less than the riptide sooo. granted you probably will have a bit more firepower with broadsides but they also die much faster. this is just my view on it maybe someone can say otherwise

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Somethings have become a lot more durable. Land Raiders are pretty nuts. You need about 15 marines with Lascannons to bring down a Raider in the open. 0.o

How are people finding their lists shape up in 8th? My old 2k Marine list came out and just under 3000pts I had to make some serious changes and ditch a load of the elite gear to bring it back down to 2k. 2k 8th ED games feel a lot like a 1500pt 7th ED game.

+ Reply to Thread