Kroot Mercenaries - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I was sitting doing nothing the other day, and suddenly I had a vision.

Creating a new army.

But what army?

Kroot Mercenaries, of course.

Why?

I want an odd army, that is very unique when it comes to looks and versatility, and that is uncommon. I like the idea of being able to customize the army with the Signature Evolutionary Adaptations, and the fact that almost the entire army can FoF is really cool. I like Wings, as this seems to be a very effective way for taking out tanks (I can't begin to imagine how effective a flying Shaper Council with Eviscerators must be).

So, my problem is, I have never run into any Kroot Mercenary army. So there is no possible way of knowing what's good and what isn't. And this is where the door closes.

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me with creating a 1,000 point army, that could last for a few turns. I'm eager to get this army going!

Also, any conversion tips would be good (how to make a Master Shaper stand out from regular Shapers, and similar).

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Originally posted by Windmill@Feb 17 2005, 15:36
    So I was sitting doing nothing the other day, and suddenly I had a vision.

Creating a new army.

But what army?

Kroot Mercenaries, of course.

Why?

I want an odd army, that is very unique when it comes to looks and versatility, and that is uncommon. I like the idea of being able to customize the army with the Signature Evolutionary Adaptations, and the fact that almost the entire army can FoF is really cool. I like Wings, as this seems to be a very effective way for taking out tanks (I can't begin to imagine how effective a flying Shaper Council with Eviscerators must be).

So, my problem is, I have never run into any Kroot Mercenary army. So there is no possible way of knowing what's good and what isn't. And this is where the door closes.
    I'd really appreciate if someone could help me with creating a 1,000 point army, that could last for a few turns. I'm eager to get this army going!

Also, any conversion tips would be good (how to make a Master Shaper stand out from regular Shapers, and similar).

Thanks!
    [snapback]332401[/snapback]
    This, one, should be in the Tau forum.

Not just cause it's Kroot, but because there are a lot of Kroot Merc. players in there who will be happy to answer questions.

Also, check it out for the Index of Articles (where we have a Kroot Tactica posted), some pro's and con's of Kroot Merc.'s, and army lists in (of course) the Army Lists section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rrrrigh, I can do that.

Thanks.

< mods, Deleting this threat would make me a happy man. :blush: >

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, well first off, glad to see that there is a new kroot player. As Lost Nemesis has already stated, the Tau forums are were you will find the most information on Kroot Mercenaries, since we&#39;re basically homeless here and bumming there.
    A lot of what I&#39;m going to rehash has been discussed (recently) over there in several topics at greater length, so please do go and do a search there. However, you had no real way of knowing that they were there since Kroot are a seperate army, so I&#39;ll go with some basics before kicking your butt into the Tau subforum.

Primary Needs: Kroot Carnivore Box (30 dollars for 16 models), Dark Elf Harpy Wings (2 dollars per set), kroot hounds (10 per blister of two), chainsword bits (a good friend in SM or IG) and one Saurus Regiment box (30 dollars, fantasy range).

A good thousand point list is going to average about 70 models. Roughly 10 of those could be hounds. So you&#39;ll probably want to start by buying about 3ish Carnivore Boxes and one Saurus Box. Thats &#036;120 Then, some harpy wings, lets say 15, another &#036;30. And even if you dont use them in this list 5 hound blisters, for &#036;50. Voila, you have enough models for 1000 points of kroot at a total of &#036;200. Which, quite frankly is what I figure is the average for any army.

Any good Kroot Merc is going to have a baseline of kroot carnivore squads, our troop choice. Each Shaper is armed with an eviscerator. That is a big two-hand cutting object. I like to cut the ends off the kroot rifle and attach chainsword blades to it, very cheap and simple (you win no prizes for creativity but it works).

Next, every kroot merc squad has its unit of Hunters. So take ten guys, and chop the blades off their rifles, voila, hunters.

Now, a lot of people either run with headhunters or stalkers. These are unique kroot units and the best way to distinguish them is to put kroot heads and weapons on Lizardmen Saurus bodies. (You could probably do your shaper along these lines too, but it might look a bit confusing).

Ok, dems the basics, you got an outline of what you need to buy, what your base armylist is patterned on, and some conversion ideas. Now walk yourself over to the Tau forums and read up more indepth on it, check out some armylists while there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not one to state the obvious but there is a Kroot Merc. Forum now
    What can I say? Its an Ork eat Ork world.

+ Reply to Thread