Emperor's Children 1000 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking at the CSM army list and was thinking "wow, Emperor's Children can sure kick out a lot of firepower." I play orks so the person who can kick off 60 shots a turn with 25 models scares me. Here's my idea:

Emperor’s Children 1000 test

HQ

1 Chaos Lieutenant 45
    Mark of Slaanesh 10
    Power Weapon 15
    Kai Gun 25

Elites

6 Chosen 102
    Mark of Slaanesh 30
    4 Sonic Blasters 20
    2 Blastmasters 40
    Aspiring Champion 0

Troops

6 Chaos Space Marines 84
    Mark of Slaanesh 30
    5 Sonic Blasters 25
    Blastmaster 10
    Aspiring Champion 0

6 Chaos Space Marines 84
    Mark of Slaanesh 30
    5 Sonic Blasters 25
    Blastmaster 10
    Aspiring Champion 0

Heavy Support

6 Chaos Havocs 84
    Mark of Slaanesh 30
    2 Sonic Blasters 10
    4 Blastmasters 80
    Aspiring Champion 0

6 Chaos Havocs 84
    Mark of Slaanesh 30
    2 Sonic Blasters 10
    4 Blastmasters 80
    Aspiring Champion 0

comes out to 993 points I think. Do any of you have any opinions on this army? it might be next after orks...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i looks quite good. i think it is good you havnt gone over the top with upgrades for your lieutenant like alot of chaos players do.
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing was, I couldn't do much more to increase his ability to shoot. At that point, I wasn't going to spend the points to make him better at something that the rest of the army isn't good at. If i made him a melee monster he would still die because the rest of the army couldn't support him.

Do you think that I should drop the power weapon, get a close combat weapon instead, and change the chosen squad to another havocs squad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my opinion, you dont really need anything 'too powerful' in the way of melee, the basic CSM is quite decent..

although, with the chosen, i think you should drop the sonic blasters and add another model, you dont really need the blasters in this case, the default weapons will own up quite nicely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is that a sonic blaster is always at least 1.5 times as effective as a bolter, for only 5 points more. in certain situations it is 3 times as good. Sonic Blasters are THE BEST GUNS IN THE GAME no joke!

I prefer to keep the squad at size 6 because this keeps the champion free. The squad is relatively efficient at this size because another squad member would require an inordinate amount of points (almost double).

Switching Chosen to more Havocs

PROS
    -more sonic blasters (12 to 14)

Cons
    -3 heavy support choices are not allowed in some scenarios
    -lowers the volume of Sonic Blaster shots
    -removes Power Weapon (dont care much about this last one)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really dont see a problem with giving my lord a ***** load of gear. I do it all the time and can kick some serious ass anyway sonic blasters are good and i think that is a very shooty army.
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orange'>&quot;ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US&quot;</span></span>
    (raise fist in defiance)

<a href='http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/flash/allyourbase.swf' target='_blank'>http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/fl...allyourbase.swf</a> this is so *****ing awesome&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Thnx Chaosbrynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way i judge the merit of an army list is whether i would be scared to play it, and yes, this one makes me tremble&#33;
    oh, and go for the havocs, the blastmaster is just so sweet
    drop the power weopon on the Lt, if you need to depend on killing something like termies in cc then somethings gone wrong anyways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the volume on the sonic blaster contribute to its effectiveness at all? How is this calculated?
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you have to have Daemonic Stature if you want to use a Kai gun (I think)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

negative.
    But if you do got stature then you can hold the kai gun in one hand.

Closed Thread