1500pt Tyranid Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

check out my nid army and tell me what yall think....

Hive Tyrant
    scything talons x2
    warpblast
    wings
    extended carapace
    toxin sacs
    adrenal gland
    169pts

Warriors x3
    1 venom cannon
    2 deathspitters
    scything talons x3
    88pts

Warriors X3
    scything talons x3
    rending claws x3
    wings x3
    1 warrior has toxin sacs, adrenal glands, implant attack, flesh hooks, ext. carapace
    122pts

Genestealers x12
    192pts

Termagaunts x16
    fleshborer x15
    1 devourer
    1 hive node
    121pts

Hormagaunts x16
    scything talons x14
    spinefists x2
    hive node
    106pts

Rippers x4
    leaping x4
    56pts

Ravener x3
    scything talons x3
    rending claws x3
    135pts

Zoanthrope x2
    warp blast x2
    118pts

Biovore x3
    120pts

Old One Eye
    164pts

Red Terror
    104pts

TOTAL = 1495pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i were you, id remove the stealers and the raveners..

add 2 or 3 more ripper swarms (also with leaping) because they are really quite good and add another nice phat swarm of hormagaunts...

i feel u have way too many special things and not enough troops

anyway just my opinion... less quality more quantity - tyranids are a swarm army after all ya~!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, if I'm reading your second set of warriors right, you have one with Toxin sacks etc..? You can't do that. They are a brood and have to have the same biomorphs. If I misread it, then sorry.

Termagaunts are iffy, I prefer spinefists over fleshborers myself (though if your facing a lot of AV 10 stuff, it may not be a bad idea). There is really no need to upgrade one do a devourer.

Don't give guns to H-gaunts. If you want to give them weapons, give them rending claws. I disagree with that myself but a lot of people swear by them.

I don't like Rippers, and there's no reason to spend a lot of points on them. People have success with rending claw rippers, but in order for that to work, you need less broods. Just drop them. (Plus, they count as FA with leaping, giving you too many FA choices...unless the winged warriors go to HQ).

I would avoid OOE in place of a VC or BS toting Carnifex. You need some heavy weaponry, and they work pretty well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should i just bump the gaunt broods up to 24 or 32?

and i thought genestealers were inperative to have in an army?

what is the problem with the warrior w/ toxin sacs, flesh hooks, ect.? i dont get what youre saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Genestealers are great, but a lot of people don't like them because they don't have a lot of staying power. Keep them in your army for a few games, they'll die in some, but destroy the enemy in others. I reccomend you give them a shot, and if you don't like them, replace them with gaunts. I will say this, the turning point of every game I've won coincided with Genestealers getting into close combat.

I think you should bump up the gaunts numbers, or maybe get another zoenthrope. Actually, with the Rippers, you have too many different types of creatures to have mutants. I think you need less then 12 (but I don't have the codex on me right now). Either way, with 16 gaunts, you can only have 1 mutant.

The Warriors in each brood need to have the same biomorphs. You can't give one warrior Extended Carapace or Flesh hooks (or any other biomorph), you have to give it to all three (or more, if your brood is bigger). Think of them like Frag grenades, its all or none.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Genestealers have limited use due to their lack of speed. However, they do make fairly good troops for point defense. Such as defending your biovores from a counter attack.
    <a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Tyranids/aan' target='_blank'>Orange & Black Nids</a>

<a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Imperial-Guards/afh' target='_blank'>Cadain 8th</a>
    <a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Imperial-Guards/afi' target='_blank'>8th Officer</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if your playing against another fast moving army, treat your genestealers like lictors and lurk sure they arnt doing anything for a few rounds but if you can lock a unit up with gaunts then rush your stealers out of cover your going mess em up good.. i have used this agaisnt dark elder. however if your playing against a cherry picking army that dosnt move more the 8" from where they started its not worth takign them unless you know your goign to have the hard cover or thick forest to creep them through. even though they dont get synaps they are still tyranids and get the fast and deadly rules.

XG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lo, thought i&#39;d drop this point in.

I do admit i&#39;m a fairly new player, but i must point out (sorry m that you can only use The Red Terror in a 1500+ army. as yours is just under, you can&#39;t use him

sorry....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Looks good but the guy&#39;s right about the red terror. I&#39;d have just one squad of warriors and lose the biovores. That&#39;d make room for some lictors
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

You might want to give your biovores some spore mines as well, as that&#39;s the only thing they are good at. They don&#39;t automatically come with them.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast