A quick question from a new player. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A quick question from a new player.

As someone who has played a couple of battles with friends and am getting ready to purchase my first army, these forums have been a great help. Here is a question I have, I was hoping someone on here could answer.

I plan on buying a base set for my army off of Ebay, but I've already set up the divergence for my Space Marine/Daemonhunter army. I've got two armys that have a lot of the models I will need, but one is Legion of the Damned, the other is Black Templars. I had planned on using a similar color scheme anyway, but here's my question. Could I leave my models painted like Black Templar or Legion of the Damned, but still give them a different name and different rules? I don't want to follow the special rules for those two groups, but I want to follow my own.

I just don't want to shell out a lot of cash and then end up re-painting everything to get rid of logos/emblems/etc...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can use any rules set you want. Just let your opponent know what army they are facing. So if you wanted to play Dark Angels, but use your black and white painted models that's fine.

Make sure the models appear to be what they are. By that I mean WYSIWYG. Its very irritating to try and play a game when your opponent says "All these bolters are really pistols, but this pistol is a meltagun. These guys are really in terminator armor...." But as far as the painting, that's your choice.

If by "I want to follow my own" you mean make up your own rules, then that's up to you and the people you play with. House rules are always subject to approval by the players using them.

+ Reply to Thread