1006 Chaos. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1006 Chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'ello. Well, if newbie is a term used 'round these parts, I suppose that would be a pretty decent way to describe me. I just started playin' Chaos awhile back, and I have quite a few of 'em. Havocs, Terminators, and whatnot.

I made a list earlier today, and thought that since I just started postin' that I would throw it on here and see what you think -- possibly you could tear it apart, and show me what's what.

I had a few Khorn from awhile back, when I first started to try playin'. So, I had a few extras and decided I wouldn't let them, along with my starter box -- or whatever you call it -- go to waste. Ah' well, here it is:

Kharn the Betrayer
    #180 pts.

Chaos Chosen Terminators - 5.
    #180 pts.

Chaos Space Marines - 5
    #70 pts
    +15 pts -- Lascannon.
    +10 pts -- Plasma Pistol.*
    95 pts

Chaos Space Marines - 5
    #70 pts
    +15 pts -- Lascannon.
    +10 pts -- Plasma Gun.
    95 pts

Chaos Khorne Berzerkers - 7
    #133 pts.
    +7 pts -- Khornate Chainaxe
    +13 pts -- Asp' Champ'.
    +5 -- Tailsman of Burning Blood
    158 pts

Chaos Khorne Berzerkers - 7
    #133 pts.
    +7 pts -- Khornate Chainaxe
    +13 pts -- Asp' Champ'.
    +5 -- Tailsman of Burning Blood
    158 pts

Chaos Havocs - 5
    #70 pts
    +30 pts -- Heavy Bolter(x2)
    +20 pts -- Missle Launcher.
    +20 pts -- Autocannon
    140 pts

1006 pts(-10 points if needed*)

'think I've headed in the right direction? 'right now I have a Necron player that I'm 0 for .. 3, maybe? Yeah, it's really disappointing, even though we played last with a lack of terrain. 'wasn't that list I used, though. Something less, with 3 Obliterators.

Should I use the Obliterators? For some reason, with the Havocs I felt I had enough Heavy Support(or elites), and thought I should use the Terminators instead. And I had to really cut down on my squad numbers to make enough room for them. I even have 4 more Terminators to use.

I didn't count their power fists/chain fists, and such. For one, I don't really have a count of them, and I don't really have room, either. I thought of removing the two plasma weapons to make 20 points room for a Reaper Autocannon, but that would take away my insurance that incase someone cares that I'm a little over the 1000 point limit.

Ah' well. Sorry for going on like that. I would really like to hear your suggestions on it.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'd like to help and all, but do you mind putting on the wargear so we can see what they have. What kind of army do you play? I play a Black Legion army w/ a squad of berzerkers, so I might be able to help.

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, I had no idea what you meant when you said 'wargear.' So, I asked a buddy and he told you to tell you I'd be playing Black Legion. Um, I don't know if that's right or anything, I'm sorry. If it's in terms of armies, I don't really plan on playing any mark-related armies, like World Eaters or anythin'. I don't like World Eaters. I mainly use my Khornes because I happen to have 24 of them, and I don't really know what to do with them.

I hope that helps. :blink:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In terms of weapons, though ...

The Terminators all have combi-bolters.

The Chaos Space Marines, other than the las cannon and plasma weapons, have bolters.

The Khornes have chain-weapons(axes and swords) and bolt pistols.

The havocs have those weapons, plus one bolter.

Maybe that&#39;s right? :blink: :blink: Sorry. >_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, what I meant by wargear, I meant like what each character/squad is equipped with, I know you have the squads, cept terminators. And jsut a question, but why did u pick Kharne the betrayer.

My black legion goes something like this.

Daemon Prince - MoCU, Master-Crafted Dual Lightning Claws, D. Flight, D. Aura, D. Toughness, D. Visage

6 Chosen - 2 Heavy Bolters, 4 Bolters, Infiltrate, Move through cover

3 Obliterators

10 man CSM Squad - 9 Bolt Pistols and Close Combat Weapons, Asp. Champ. P. Pistol and Power Fist, Rhino. Whole squad has Furious charge

10 man CSM Squad - 9 Bolt Pistols and Close Combat Weapons, Asp. Champ. P. Pistol and Power Weapon, Rhino. Whole squad has Furious charge

8 Khorne Berzerkers - Khornate chainaxes

5 Chaos Raptors - 2 P. Pistols, Flamer

5 Chaos Havocs - 3 Missile Launchers, 1 Heavy Bolter, Tank Hunters

That&#39;s about 1500 pts, Trust me, Veteran abilities are your friend&#33;

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks&#33;

Well, mainly I picked Kharn because I happened to pick him up when I was randomly buying the individual metal packs of guys -- jeez, what&#39;re those called. Anyway, I figured that sooner or later I might actually be using more than one squad of Elites, so I&#39;d need a Khorn HQ. And, well, I got used to him. He is a nice front man, something to distract fire, as well as bust a few heads while you&#39;re moving in.

But, I really can&#39;t say much, since I&#39;m getting owned by my Necron-playing friend. So, any strategy I may think I have is usually consumed in guass flayers. I considered using a Lord, and buffing him up with Vet&#39; skills and Daemonic Gifts, but I have not gotten around to fooling around with that yet. Or buying the model, for that matter.

As for vet&#39; skills being my friend, yeah. I really like spikey bits and furious charge, but I can never seem to find the room to fit them in a 1000 point game.

Right now I just don&#39;t where to go. I considered going deeper into Khorne, and perhaps buying some Bloodletters. Or maybe some Raptors. The ordinance on a Defiler has also caught my eye, but I&#39;m not really sure. Chaos is just full of debates with me. >_< I guess I need to read around, or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey im a newbie too... but if i was you id put some HS in there ;p Havocs are kewl (BIGGER GUNS) but if you realy wana kill necrons i "belive" if you instant death them they dont get to roll we will be back soo id be going big gun crazy ;p not lots of shots (necrons are quite expensive per model so id think more shots per unit would not be a large factor).... khorne are kewl too tho cause i belive most norm necron troops are sucky in CC (but a squad in a rhino w/smoke you could move 12 launch smoke move another 12 next turn jump out 2inches and asullt 6 more thats an 18inch assault ). I would also like to say I LOVE OBLITERATORS... i duno how usefull agains necron&#39;s they would be but movin and shooting heavy weps then assultin with power wep but i could be wrong ;p also you might wana spred your points a lil bit... personaly i hate playen 1000 pnt games not alot to work with... so since a Gause wep could keel anythin id sugest mebie less big armored stuff (your teminators with no weps could be another few squads).... also no fast attack? no demons??? bloodletters RULE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; but yeah just my 2cp leme know what you think.... ***OOOOOO i thought of one more good thing about havin big guns and instant death.... Phase them out&#33; aim for there weakest troops and make sure they die&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; dont need to get them all just 75% of them down and YOU WIN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;***

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just use your kharn model as a lord with the mark of khorne. Just cause he&#39;s modeled after kharn doesn&#39;t mean you cant use him as a lord. My lord has seem to work great for me and he&#39;s not too expensive (in lord terms).

Chaos Lord 60pts
    D. Stature 15pts
    M. Khorne 10pts
    Dread Axe 25pts
    D. Armour 20pts
    Talisman of
    burning blood 5pts
    Feel no pain 10pts

Total: 145pts.......

The dreadaxe daemonic stature combo works great.

As for advise....... ummmmm..... get a Bloodthirster and own your opponent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hiya. ^_^ Yeah, well, the main reason I used Terminators instead of Obliterators is because I wanted another small group of somethin&#39; that could do damage. As well, terminators are pretty hard to kill. For some reason, when I was writing out the list, it really didn&#39;t appeal to me as much to have Obliterators since I had that Havoc squad.

But, another squad of troops could be good instead of the terminators. I have 8 more Khornes, and a few more CSMs -- not many, though. As for fast attack, I have a squad of Five Bikers. Usually, I give them Mark of Khorne and see if I can get them 18 inches towards the nearest opponent. As well, I buff up an Asp&#39; Champ&#39; with a Spikey Bits, and Axe of Khorne. So, he usually does some damage. But, I had to make a 1000 point list.

Problem with my Necron player is that he doesn&#39;t have many models, so he&#39;ll proxy a bunch of &#39;em. Lord with Ressurection Orb, to take care of my weapons that are twice his toughness and such. I need to figure out a way to take out his Lord quickly, while steering clear of his Lines of Flayed Ones and Warriors. Not to mention his two squads of Heavy Destroyers and regular Destroyers. I do need to play him with some actual terrain, though. Lately it&#39;s been just a straight forward thing, because he &#39;forgot&#39; to lay down terrain.

About Kharn. I don&#39;t know, I kinda&#39; like him. He costs a lot, but he&#39;s 180 points -- gets 5 attacks, plus D3 from Blood Rage. Plus 1 from charging, etc etc. Anyway, all that and he hits on a 2. If I steer clear him clear from my other troops, incase I roll a bunch of 1s or something, he could do some damage. But, I also did consider using a normal Lord to save a bunch of points.

I gotta think about the two sides -- mainly what can do more damage. Heh. If I use a Lord, and save around 100 points, I&#39;d get a crappy Lord, however have 100 more points for another squad of somethin&#39; nice. It&#39;s a nice debate. Any thoughts?

Thanks. ^^;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to post again, but I was lookin&#39; at your Lord. And it seems to me that it&#39;s -just- like Kharn, except the differences between the Dreadaxe and Gorechild, which right now I&#39;m not sure. The 35 point difference is the Daemonic Rune, I guess. Even though he can&#39;t be instant-killed since Stature gives him 5 toughness and stuff, by most weapons anyway. .. Yeah, I don&#39;t know where I&#39;m going with this. Sorry. :unsure:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast