Would This Be A Good Beginners Sob List? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As the topic states ive made a 500 point SOB army luist, (havent got any SOB figures yet, but hopefully soon) but i want to see what you all think of it before i go and buy stuff:

Cannoness (116)
    Axe of Retribution
    Bolt Pistol
    Cloak of Saint Aspira
    Master-Crafter Weapon
    Jump Pack
    Melta Bombs

Sisters Squad 1 (12
    8 Bolters
    1 Flamer
    Vet Superior
    Bolt Pistol
    Blade of Admonition

Sisters Squad 2 (12
    8 Bolters
    1 Flamer
    Vet Superior
    Bolt Pistol
    Blade of Admonition

Seraphims
    3 2 bolt pistols
    1 2 flamer pistols
    Vet sister superior
    Axe of Retribution
    Bolt Pistol

Basic idea is Army advances with sisters infront, sera's with cannoness behind, get up close, seraphims and cannoness close combat thr9ugh army towards big bad enemy and sisters clean up the rest.

Thanks in advance, DNGP

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Yeah thats not too bad at all. I woulden't reccomend loading your cannoness with so many points as of yet, in small armies she tends to be the first to hit the fan. There's no defense as such against the harder oponents i.e. tanks so I would reccomend adding a retributor squad in there as soon as possible, otherwise give your seraphim some melta bombs. You have said the nyber of battle sisters of seraphim in your squad. But if you are gonna use your seraphim to tackle out the difficult stuff until you can equip some heavy weapons then I suggest you keep it to the max number. Also a preacher within one of your sister squad will come in handy due to some extra faith points. For the love of god never forget faith points its about the only thing that can save your sisters hinds. If you determind to have a good cannoness on the board then keep the cloak of st. aspira and also add an rosarius, she's practicly unbeatable then...well almost. But what you've put down so far is a good starting point to start getting in the models, I woulden't plan your full army quite yet until the whitch hunters codex comes out since I know for a fact that certain things are going and other things are gonna change. Hope that helps!

As always it's good to see someone interested in the good old nuns with guns!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NUNS WITH GUNS! I have a Battle sisters army planned. Paint scheme: neon green, yellow, red and blue. The Party Sisters! Their Retributor is goign to be converted so it can have mega-sized speakers, and the whole thing's going to be painted neon yellow and green striped. My army's going to to look like a 70s disco. My plan is to have the opponent crap himself with laughter so (s)he loses out of a failure to concentrate. Sounds good?
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak! Tak! Tak ah wan, Tak a lah!
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I looked at it and there really isnt enough anti-tank/big thing, so Ive changed the list a little, (Seraphims will go for now)

Cannoness(91)
    Bolt Pistol
    Axe of Retribution
    Cloak of Saint-Aspira
    Melta Bombs

Squad 1 (103)
    8 Bolters
    1 Flamer
    Superior, (not Vet)
    Bolt Pistol
    CC Wep

Squad 2 (103)
    8 Bolters
    1 Flamer
    Superior, (not Vet)
    Bolt Pistol
    CC Wep

Retributor squad
    4 Multi-Melta
    Superior, (not Vet)
    Bolt Pistol
    CC Wep
    Rhino Transport
    'Dozer Blade
    Extra Armour
    Smoke Launchers

A little lacking in the h-t-h department, but im not worried by that, Cannoness has still got Axe of Retribution, becuase str 3 power weapon attacks wont hurt as much as str 6, (and with 2+ save and 3 wounds she can probably last a turn in combat)

Disco Sisters eh? Sounds good!

New idea will be for Sisters and Cannoness to slowly advance, (normally ide say sit back but they have flamers and power armour) while Retributionors stay behind or in cover and then rush forward and try and blow up the big things like tanks, after that sure they'll probably die, but they might be able to take some down with them.

One last question, can I just buy a Marines Rhino and paint it for Sisters? because at my GW they dont have any sisters rhinos??

Thanks V much for answering

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, for the rhinos, that's basically what they expect you to do
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak! Tak! Tak ah wan, Tak a lah!
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Closed Thread