2000 Point Space Wolves Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SPACE WOLVES ARMY 2000 POINTS

HQ
    Wolf Lord (Thunder Hammer, Plasma Pistol, Runic Armour, Belt of Russ) 165

Rune Priest (Wolf Helm of Russ, Runic Armour, Plasma Pistol, Runic Staff) 180

Venerable Dreadnaught (Twin-linked Lascannon, Extra Armour) 180

ELITE
    4 Wolf Guard Bodyguards [for Wolf Lord] (Terminator Armour, 2 Power Weapon and Bolter, 1 Power Fist and Bolter, 1 Chain Fist and Bolter) 179

4 Wolf Guard Bodyguards [for Rune Priest] (Terminator Armour, 1 Assault Cannon and Storm Bolter, 1 Thunder Hammer and Bolter, 1 Power Weapon and Bolter, 1 Chain Fist and Bolter) 196

TROOPS
    9 Grey Hunters (2 Power Weapon and Bolter, 1 Melta Gun, 5 Bolter and CCW) 190
    1 Wolf Guard (Plasma Pistol and Power Weapon) 50
    [in Rhino (smoke launchers, extra armour, prittle-mounted stormbolter)] 68

8 Blood Claws (2 Power Fist, 1 Melta Gun) 144
    1 Wolf Guard (Plasma Pistol and Power Fist) 55

8 Blood Claws (2 Power Fist, 1 Melta Gun) 144
    1 Wolf Guard (Plasma Pistol and Power Fist) 55

HEAVY
    Land Raider (smoke launchers, extra armour) 258
    [my Wolf Lord and Bodyguards will be travelling in this]

Total 2000 Points

Is it a problem that most of my army will be travelling in transports? Does this mean that the army I play against will just fire at my Rhino's and destroy all units that are in it?
    Also does anyone know when the best time to use the smoke launchers is? It is when the inhabitants are disembarking or just when the Rhino moves?

Cheers and thanks for your consideration in helping me

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I might be able to help on this one. Just last night I played some Space Wolves, and he put all his troops in a Rhino and a Land Raider. Well, this was just a 1k game, but it wasn't long before the Rhino went boom and very few of his wolves survived. The land raider was tougher to take out, and he managed to get them out before we could kill that.

But, he also did very, very well. He was an experienced player. Rushed into some Tau ( my partner, we were playin' him and some Necrons ) and just obliterated them. I mean, wow. I was busy dealin' with the Necrons, looked over to see how the Tau was doin', and they were just all gone. I mean, he took care of 1k of Tau in no time. Two or three turns, maybe.

Did this with only one squad, though. With a buttload of power weapons. Then, he rushed me from the side and started ripping through me. I mean, jeez. They're pretty cool.

I can ask him for his list, if you want, but I hope that helps you. ^_^ As for the Smoke Launchers, no idea. o.o

Oh, and hey. I really don't know anythin' 'bout Space Wolves, so you'll have to excuse this question. But are 3 HQs allowed? The Wolf Lord, Rune Priest, and Dreadnaught? I've only read through the codex once, so ya' know. Just used to seeing 2 HQs, ya' know? Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its somthing like 1 hq per *** pts cant tell u the number cuz its a rule
    MY ADVICE?
    GREY KNIGHTS RULE!

Armies:

Raven Guard
    Daemonhunters

Bretonnians

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Sentry, yeah his list would be great if you could get it.
    As for the HQ - Space Wolves operate on a different system - the HAVE to take one HQ per 750 points rounded up. ie: 2HQ for 1000 points etc...
    Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been playing with space wolves for 4 years, and your list looks pretty damn good to me, glad to see that you've given all your rhinos smoke launchers and extra armour!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terminators can't take bolters as weapons.

When you list terminator armor after the four Wolf Guard, do you mean four sets, one for each?

Why would you equip a terminator with an assault cannon and storm bolter? He can only shoot one, and if he can shoot, you might as well shoot with the assault cannon. That means the storm bolter will never get used.

Which means your points are off for the Wolf Guard.
    4 WG +4 Termie armor +4 Storm Bolters +2 PW +1 PF +1 ChFist = 212
    4 WG +4 Termie armor +3 St Bolters +ACannon +THammer +PF +PW = 194

As far as the smoke launchers, use them when you're in the open after your move. If you're in cover they add nothing. Keep in mind you can't shoot if you pop smoke. Of course Rhinos aren't meant to be attack vehicles, which is why I would recommend not paying for the pintle mounted storm bolter. The points could be used to get another troop instead.

I think you are light on troops for a 2000 point army. You might have a hard time dealing with any hoard army (bugs, orcs) and if you take some casualties, you're going to have a hard time claiming table corners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WolfRaider is right, take off the pts for the pintle mounted s bolter and spend more on basic troops. Allthough they may seem not as good, the more marines you have the better you'll be able to deal with horde armys swamping you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys for your help.
    I will make the adjustments necessary and hope I can do the Space Wolves proud.
    Cheers,

Polar Bear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Wolf lord- ok he has initiative 5 so he will attack first in most cases or at least simultaneous so I suggest a frost blade, 5 attacks he hits on mostly 3’s that’s 66% and the +1 str. will let him wound on 3’s 66% as well so together you are killing 40% of your 5 to 6 attacks that’s 2 guys that will die before they get to attack that turn. Ok plasma pistol on a wolf lord is useless he gets 5/6 attacks in close combat and with the new assaulting rule you will lose your charging attack, so do what you want but the plasma wont do two much more and it just costs more… save some points. I don’t bother with the belt of Russ or the runic armor, your opponent has to go through a wall of terminators before they get to your wolf lord I would save some points here but do as you want. I put some melta bombs on him just in case
    2) As for the terminators I use blood claws-13 (powerwep.ccw/powerfistccw) wolf guard leader(powerwep./ccw) put them all in a land raider crusader(14 guys 8terms) + the w/ the wolf lord. you can usually assault them by the second turn(with 4 attacks per model) and shoot them once with the hurricane bolters(on a further note if you use a venerable dreadnought you can re roll for who gets the first turn so you have a better chance of going fist, that’s a huge advantage for SW’s because you can only be shot once instead of twice)
    3) As for popping smoke you do it after your first movement with the tanks because you will be there assaulting them on the second turn. And my whole arm is in tanks. I use a lot of blood claws and one troop of GH’s because you have to all are in rhinos and the one in the land raider. Make sure to include wolf leaders, they allow for another power weapon and that’s always nice.
    4) One major problem I see with your army is that you don’t have any scouts(holy crap) this is one of the moat feared units in the game, for starters they can deploy behind your enemy and have two melta guns two power weapons and two plasma pistols. the vast majority of the quality players I know say that space wolf scouts are the best unit in the game and I agree.
    5) If you use a venerable dreadnought make sure to move him with your tanks, to many times I have left him back and someone has used their fast attack units to rape him when he was all by his lonesome, + dreds are good in close combat(I use a lascannon/ccwS.
    6) I use a wolf lord, battle leader, and ven. Dred for hq. one troop of GH9+Leader BC8+BL+L BC13+WL+L BC9+L. 6BC+L(jump packs) and a Landraider Crusader and some elite SCOUTS6+L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

drop the fists for power weapon so your claws hit at int 4 and use the extra pts. on some more troopers
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast