Space Marine Scouts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to the Emperor's finest, and need some advice. So,

HQ:

Librarian (maybe force commander) 76
    power weopon [15]
    bolt pistol [1]

Elites:

5 person veteran squad 142
    1 vet seargant [30]
    4 vet marines w/ terminator honours [112]

Troops:

2 squads of:
    10 scouts 130 each

4 squads of 5 scouts with sniper rifles 190 each

Heavy support:

1 predator Destructor w/ lascannon sponsons 125

Total: 983

Now is the part i need help from you veterans out there. Is this list terrible, or can it be worked with? What do i do with the rest of the points? Any other advice?
    Oh, and tactics: attach Hq with the vets, infiltrate with the scouts and use pinning from sniper rifles to set up cc troops and tank.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get some Tactical squads... And Termies are Nice too.. Get some Bikes or Assualt marines too.. (THat's all preferance)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, great advice, but my question would be what would the tact squads add, besides one better save. They can't be equipped for cc, can't be decked out with better ranged weopon, are more expensive, and don't have the infiltration and move through cover rules.
    Termies are sweet but at 1000 pts not sure i want to drop the points on a groupd of 5, maybe i'll find the points somewhere to upgrade the vets
    For bikes, not sure i'll need the mobility against who i think i'll be fighing
    Maybe some assaults over the regular equipped scouts, but i think i would miss the infiltrate.
    Oh, and if any one has a chapter suggestion i'm all ears

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the save between 4+ and 3+ may not seem different but you have yo consider alot of the anti infantry weapons out there are ap 4 (heavy bolter, heavy flamer, autocannon, assaultcannon) and well they are only 2 more points each. plus unless you plan to have somewhat of a scout type force, the tactical guys are good fluffwise. Tactical marines have all plastic miniatures too so less money actually then scouts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, hadn't realy considered all those weopons. still, i did have my mind on the fluff of a mainly scout army, and the scouts, with pistol and cc weopon, serve as better offensive troop for my purposes. With inflitrate should be able to get into ausault fairly quick, so unless you really think its worth it, i'd rather stick with the scouts. Thanks though, any other suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if your going to go with a mainly scout army (which is really cool in my opinion) then i would have to say you should get sme guys to support them. mabey some attack bikes. scout bikes and landspeeders would be cool. and mabey 1-2 units of vetrans to give you some staying power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the praise on the scout idea
    do you think its worth dropping the tank for bikes and/or land speeders? i can't see that much else to drop
    also, i think i'll be playing an emperor's children army, if that helps
    chapter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well theres no specific chapter for scouts so i cant help ya there, but it definatly would be worth it in my eyes to drop the tank for speeders and bikes and stuff. but you might want to give your vetrans a melta gun and lascannon if you do so, and mabey give sum of the scouts melta bombs. against emperors children plasma and melta weapons would work good and ummmm well close combay is good for you but you might want something with a bit more power then scouts but then again you could just give the sargent a powersword for taking care of there power armour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, so how this sound: i drop the tank, add two either speeders or attack bikes with multi meltas, ad a melt gun to the veteran squad, and have 12 points to play with. Thoughts?
    Also, i know no chapter has a focus on scouts, but are there any chapter's whose rules would benfiet me? the tenth company of most chapters are scouts, so it would fit into most chapters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get two speeders with multimeltas and take the terminator hounors off the vetrans and instead give them a lascannon and then youll have some points to give heavybolters or autocannons to the sniper squads wich would be really good

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast