Salamanders(space Marines) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I re-vamped my list since it was getting owned so hereis my new one. tell me what u think

Heavy

Predator Annihaltor
    las cannon
    las cannon sponsons.

heavy total 120

TROOPS

Tactical Squad(x2) 245
    6 marines with bolters
    2 marines with flamers
    vet sarg
    -powerfist
    -bolt pistol
    Rhino
    -extra armor
    -smoke

Tactical Squad(x2) 230 ****
    5 marines with bolters
    2 marines with flamers
    vet sarg
    -powerfist
    -bolt pistol
    Rhino
    -xtra armor
    smoke
    Troop total: 950

ELITE

Dreadnought (Brother Amadeus)
    Dread cc weapon/heavy flmaer
    twin linked las cannon
    extra armor

elite total: 140

HQ

Force Commander TuShan 190
    Thunder hammer
    plasma pistol
    iron halo
    master crafted plasma pistol
    terminator honours
    Salamanders Mantle

Chaplain 71
    Thunder hammer
    pistol

EACH HQ JOIN ON OF THE SQUADS MARKED WITH ***
    1496/ 1500

Troops 63%
    Heavy 9%
    elite 9%
    HQ 17%

<insert witty remark here>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any sugestions or comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless the Salamander Codex is different, last time I checked, a Predator Annihlator is 120, + 25 for the sponsoons. That&#39;s 145.

And I&#39;m guessing you can have 2 Flamers in a squad since they are Salamanders? Cuz if it&#39;s not a special rule, you can&#39;t have em.

Apart from that, it&#39;s lots of Infantry, which I always think is the way to go. All in Rhinos, which means you wanna keep moving...you might wanna think about swapping the dreadnought and tank for a squadron of attack bikes....those Heavy Flamers and MultiMeltas could really beef up your offencive line if your moving fast, and you wouldn&#39;t be too scared of taking casualities.

My tanks always go boom within the first turn or so :/

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oops yea i goofed on the pred. thxs. but yeah salamanders can ahve 2 flmaers in each squad. hmm the thign is, it wouldnt bein char to use bikes, since it says that int he armageddon codex. they cant sue them cuz the fluctuating gravity prevents them from training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Salamander,
    I reccommend only using one HQ in a 1500pt army cos its a bit of a point sink using 2 HQs....
    and so i reccommend the chaplain&#33;&#33;&#33; Not only does he have a free 4+ invul, he can have a thunder hammer for free, yey.. and master craft it to make it insanely deadly, also, just give him a salamander&#39;s mantle, a pistol, preferably plasma, i love plasma, artificer armour, absolutely deadliness.

The chaplain would come to 150pts, an incredible HQ for 150pts, just watch out for his wounds, since he only has 2...

A whirlwind would be perfect in this army as well, only 75pts and u can wreak havoc b4 reaching enemy lines while taking out targets threatening ur charging force.

Just to let u know, Salamanders can have heavy flamers sponsons for their predator destructor. Worthwhile consideration, effective and fluffy. Salamander termies are also great, 37pts&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; great value for a dug in heavy units

Scout squads arent limited in numbers for salamander so it is worthwhile investing in a couple cos u can never underestimate scouts, their sorta fast and can help out in CC effectively. 10 CC scouts hacked through a Talos and all of his Incubi, insane&#33;&#33;

The key with using Salamanders is that ur slow and low initiative so u can make up for it by using low initiative weapons with high power, eg. thunder hammers and power fists, but u still have to have some guys with normal weapons, never know when tau will fight u...

Well i guess thats about it.... might wanna have some multi-meltas for fluff, i dont really like multi-meltas though since there is no difference in Strength and AP compared the the meltagun, but thats my opinion, u should do what u think is effective.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was thinking about a whilie and i think i will through one in. im good with guessing to.

Closed Thread