My New Tau Army List. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just started playin 40k, wanted to kno if my army was ok-ish.

HQ
    Tau ethereal points= 50

Elites
    Crisis Battle suits (3) points =90
    weapons = missile pod. Fusion blaster. Target locker
    missile pod. plasma rifleTarget locker
    Flamer Burst cannon target locker
    4 Stealth battlesuits points =120

Fast attack
    10 gun drones points =120

Troops
    12 fire warriors. 4 pulse carbine. 8 pulse rifle. points =120

12 kroot carnivores. all with kroot rifles. points = 84

TOTAL ARMY POINTS = 584 (if i worked it out right) :blink:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok first off, i want to say i dont knwo a the msot ont au but i knwo enuf.

1. an etheral is no good unless its a large point game and uneed some extra and fun to throw in. the best choice would to go with the Shas 'o and xv88 bodyguard. give em all missle pods and plasma rifles. (twin linked for the bodyguards ifu want) the shas o shouldhave shield drones, and hw multi tracker

2 crisis suits should ahve auniformity of weaposn. a few of these and a few of these doesnt realy do it. (a jack of all trades is a master of none) id gor for all missle pods and plasma rifles. that way u dont need ot get close(getting close and cc is somethign u dont want to do) and u have high enuf str and ap to take out alot of enemies. the rifle has less range then the pods so u onyl have to be 24 inches away and with yur free move in the assult phase, u can stay out of assult range.

2. gun drones arent worth it. really. i would get rid of them and get another squad of fire warriors. in bth squads, get a shas ui and give him a marker light! those are awesome!

3. one last thing, broadisdes would fit nicely here, seeing how u lack anti tank.

sry if i like re worked yur amry, but want to give u good advice.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx for the advice. gettin broadside soon and probs get sum mroe fire warriors as you sed :a

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeh also gettina devilfish and sum pathfinders. sry bout short posts but a forgot to say them

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honestly, i wouldnt waste my time with pathfincders. tjhey arent that great. if u want somethign stealthy, scouty...slealth teams are much better.

just 2 more things

1. u dont ahve to do wat i said. if u dont liek it or think my advice will work, then go ahead and tell me. its an army is a work in progress.

2. insetad of repsoting, u can just click the "edit" button so mods dont smack u with their stick.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

........Salamander, i do have to disagree with u on this one.. gun drones are really good for small games, pinning is great. and Broadsides in a 500pt is sorta overkilling. Pathfinders are great, even though they are a bit useless in 500pts but in larger games they can mark targets and nail them without the fear of low BS. Ethereals are sorta dodgy in 500pt battles though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my pathfinders and a devilfish few days back.
    Got a hammerhead wiv railgun (i dunno if im allowed railgun +ion cannon but i put it on anyway) and like i sed ion cannon

Me and my m8s had a small 10 ppl tourny. im only showin my results here btw.
    I lost in the damn finals

ROUND ONE TAU VS ORC
    Won in 2 turns (thanks FW )

ROUND TWO TAU VS CSM
    Lost all crisis + devilfish and pathfinders but won in the end

ROUND THREE TAU VS CSM VS NIDS
    I won by sum miracle. left the other two to kick the hell outta each other then picked off the survivors.

FINAL&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; TAU VS TAU
    My m8s tau army vs mine.
    almost identical but he got no kroot and an extra FW squad.
    I had only kroot and ethereal left
    he had his ethereal and 2 squads of FW (each squad had 6 FW)
    I got the ethereal, 1 squad and killed 4 of his fws on second squad the other 2 finished my one wound left ethereal in CC im ashamed.
    Critisise me&#33; I DIED AGAINST FELLOW TAU

**FOR THE GREATER GOOD**

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau-elite, let me make some suggestions.

Firstly, a general rule is to configure all of your crisis suits with the same wepaons. Concentrated fire and increased hit/wound probability. You have a wide variety of weapon strength, range, and armor penetration values with your original configuration. You really dilute your effectiveness. Also, when you use the target lock you dilute the shot amount even more because then you can&#39;t fire both weapons. sure, you can&#39;t split fire, but concentrating fire to make sure something is destroyed is even better. That&#39;s why target selectionis important.

You can&#39;t have a drone squad of 10. Max size is 8 right from the codex. Gun drones ARE worth it, but maybe in a 500 point game you should have more FWs. Most veteran (not all) Tau players will swear by the drones. I always take then in games of 1550 points or more. Maybe even 1000.

I generally agree that in a small army (less than 1500 points) an ethereal is not the best idea. Less other targets for the enemy to concentrate on. Etheral is more vulnerable. Some will use in a 100 point game. Most stick him with a FW squad and/or with a drone controller and 2 shield drones. The price of failure is harsh.

Salamander is right about the pathfinders. Don&#39;t start with them as a beginner. they lokcool and seem good, but hard to use effectively.

I don&#39;t know your table or terrain, but the 4 pulse carbines may not on the FWs may not help you much, unless you plan to move. If you do though then you have reduced the firing range of your other FWs to only 12".

I would consider taking a broadside in a 500 point game. We have a 500 point Tau army list competition on another website. Most take something heavy. I even have a list with a hammerhead.

If you like Kroot, stick with them. Just don&#39;t expect the world of them. They die very easily.

Here is one sample list.
    Shas&#39;o: MT/MP/BC (Burst cannon? blasphemy&#33 104
    9FWs: 90
    8 FWs 80
    6 Gun drone squad 72
    2 Broadsides: RG/SMS/MT 140 486 pts

Here&#39;s another:
    shas&#39;o w/ MP/PR/MT 110
    Hammher head w/ RG/MT 150
    7 FWs bonded 80
    7 FWs bonded 80
    7 drones 84 504 pts

Yet again:
    Shas&#39;o w/ FB/PR/MT 108
    2 crisis w/ PR/MP/MT 131
    3 stealth 90
    8 FWs bonded 90
    7 FWs bonded 80 499 pts

TauofWar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey you should consider adding some path finder rail rifles if you choose to take pathfinders, if you need the rules, look in last month&#39;s WD or you can ask your local gaming shop if you cant find them there, email me ill be happy to give them to you.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by the way use my new email, kingfighters@hotmail.com, the rail rifles are great SM killers&#33;
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast