750 Pts Tau Strikef0rce. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna go up against SM, CSM, IG and Eldar in a small 750 pts tournament with my pals. No sideboard allowed and no changes to the army once the gaming starts. Any ideas on this one?

Commander Shas'o
    Missile Pod, Burst Cannon, Hardwired Multi-tracker, Plasma Rifle

XV8 Bodyguard Team (2)
    Burst Cannon, Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi-tracker (x2)

Fire Warrior Team (10)
    Pulse Carbine (x5), Pulse Rifle (x5)
    Shas'ui

Fire Warrior Team (10)
    Pulse Rifle (x10)
    Shas'ui

Hammerhead Gunship
    Railgun, Smart Missile System

Broadside Battlesuit (1)
    Smart Missile System
    Drone Controller and 2 Shield Drones

Craftworld Iyanden | <a href='http://hem.bredband.net/goines/' target='_blank'>Gallery</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take out the broadside battlesuit, even though it is good, not very good on its own in a 750pt, dont use shas&#39;el, he is just not good for a HQ battlesuit and dont be afraid to use the hard wired multi tracker in the armoury, which will free u up for another weapon, plasma rifle is an all time favourite, great marine killer without overheating. May want to consider putting in a gun drone squad, which is often overlooked, they wont be when ur opponent&#39;s squads get pinned and then guned down by battlesuits. Stealthsuits are also a great choice, burst cannons, jump pack and permanent night fight rules are always good. Kroot are also effective, just hide them in cover and ambush ur opponents, striking first so the 6+ cant be disadvantageous. But another Crisis Battlesuit squad is always an option.

Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, so the "hard wired" things doesn&#39;t take up slots on the Battlesuit? That&#39;s some nice information. Why I picked the Broadside was to take some fire away from my HQ-squad and to have some additional AT-shots in the army. Another reason is that I think the model just plain rocks.

Done:
    - Upgraded the Commander to a Shas&#39;o.
    - Added a Hardwired Multi-tracker and a Plasma Rifle to the &#39;boss&#39;.

None of my opponents have played against Tau so I hopefully have some surprice on my side.
    Craftworld Iyanden | <a href='http://hem.bredband.net/goines/' target='_blank'>Gallery</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u can still shoot the famous s10 railgun from the hammerhead u know, still reckon u gotta take out the broadside, might hear some cheese calls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keep the broadside, downgrade the bosy guard to normal xv8&#39;s to free up some points
    Apathy is the greatest enemy of all.

=0_o=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by shas&#39;o hamster@Oct 21 2003, 11:56
    keep the broadside, downgrade the bosy guard to normal xv8&#39;s to free up some points
    That&#39;ll save me a whoppin&#39; 20 points which I can&#39;t see where to place.

Any other suggestions? I&#39;m thinking about trying for some 10ish Kroots to act as a meatshield.

Closed Thread