2000pt Space Wolves Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone!

Here is my Space Wolves force that I had some success with (1 tie, smashing defeats with variations of it). This one has been spruced up a bit (learned some tricks to Army Builder), so LMK what you guys think. I know I'm a little short in the troops department compared to what most people like to see but... Well, troops tend to die quickly at my group where tanks reign supreme. My whole goal with the hunter-killers is to give my Rhinos something to do besides dying... Hopefully taking something out with it while delivering its cargo safely.

Anyways, please feel free to destroy my list !

1 Wolf Lord (HQ) @ 670 Pts
    Frost Blade (x1); Bolter
    Belt of Russ [25]
    Melta Bombs [5]
    Frag Grenades [1]

1 Wolf Guard @ [542] Pts
    Power Weapon (x1); Storm Bolter
    Terminator Armour [5]

1 Wolf Guard #1 @ [70] Pts
    Assault Cannon; Chainfist (x1)
    Terminator Armour [5]

1 Wolf Guard #2 @ [55] Pts
    Heavy Flamer; Power Fist (x1)
    Terminator Armour [5]

1 Wolf Guard #3 @ [48] Pts
    Power Fist (x1); Storm Bolter
    Terminator Armour [5]

1 Wolf Guard #4 @ [53] Pts
    Chainfist (x1); Storm Bolter
    Terminator Armour [5]

1 Land Raider @ [273] Pts
    Linked Lascannon (x2); Twin Heavy Bolters
    Hunter-Killer Missile [15]
    Extra Armour [5]
    Smoke Launchers [3]

10 Grey Hunter Pack (Troops) @ 291 Pts
    Bolter / CCW (x6); Bolter / Power Weapon (x2); Plasma Pistol / CCW (x2)

1 Rhino APC @ [73] Pts
    Storm Bolter
    Extra Armour [5]
    Smoke Launchers [3]

9 Blood Claws Pack (Troops) @ 259 Pts
    Bolt Pistol & CCWep. (x7); Bolt Pistol / Power Fist (x2); Frag Grenades;
    Melta-Bombs

1 Rhino APC @ [73] Pts
    Storm Bolter
    Extra Armour [5]
    Smoke Launchers [3]

1 Rune Priest (HQ) @ 166 Pts
    Frost Blade (x1); Rune Weapon (x1)
    Runic Armour [20]
    Melta Bombs [5]
    Frag Grenades [1]

1 Venerable Dreadnought (HQ) @ 165 Pts
    Front Armour: 12; Side Armour: 12; Rear Armour: 10; Dread. CC Weapon;
    Storm Bolter; Multi-Melta

5 Wolf Scouts (Elites) @ 135 Pts
    Bolt Pistol & CCWep. (x3); Plasma Pistol / Power Wp. (x2); Frag Grenades;
    Melta-Bombs

4 Long Fang Pack (Heavy Support) @ 213 Pts
    Heavy Bolter (x1); Lascannon (x1); Missile Launcher (x1); Plasma Cannon
    (x1)

1 Pack Leader @ [36] Pts
    Bolt Pistol & CCWep.

2 Land Speeder Squadron (Fast Attack) @ 100 Pts
    Heavy Bolter (x2)

Models in Army: 42

Total Army Cost: 1999

So, what do you think?

---------------------------------
    RaG|NaR

Mooing peacefully since 1996!
    Got Milk?

<a href='http://www.adeptusminneapolis.com' target='_blank'>Adeptus Minneapolis</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Ragnar, im no expert with Space Wolves but ive been playing for 9 years or so now (yes second Edition), so im sure i can be of some help.

Firstly:

"1 Wolf Guard @ [542] Pts
    Power Weapon (x1); Storm Bolter
    Terminator Armour [5]"

542 points, HUH&#33; lol, i hope thats a typo&#33;

Secondly:

If tanks "reign supreme" in your gaming group then you should consider upgrading the Heavy Bolters on the Land Speeders to Multi Meltas to annihilate the tanks You will have no trouble reaching the short range required for the extra pentration dice with the Speeders

"2 Land Speeder Squadron (Fast Attack) @ 130 Pts
    Multi Melta (x2)"

Of course you will have to find the points to include this but if it kills one tank the upgrade will be worth it
    IG since &#39;95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um..... i as a dark angel player do know some stuff about space wolves, our rival, i reccommend concentrating on one weapon in devastator squad, maxing out wolf scouts, they are so deadly...... damn u plasma gun wielding scouts.... i want some.... oh well. a whirlwind is always good in any size pont army having more troop choices is also a good choice, have to have a solid core of marines or else might get starcannon killed. Ur HQ is amazingly expensive, i would never have one over 200pts.

Very good Tyranid killing army, not so effective for tank heavy or armour heavy armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The prices are right, the 542 points includes the Land Raider since it is really attached to the Terminators and the Wolf Lord .

Anyhow, I switched out the HB for the multi-meltas, and I realised that I have a vindicator lying around. Do you think i should take this in my army? It&#39;s 120 points... which I could make up somewhere, and I&#39;m just thinking it would be a good shocker to any of my opponents, what do you think???

I&#39;ll think about getting all Plasma Cannons or something like that for my Devestators... Has anyone ever tried mounting heavy weapons on a peg so you could switch them based on the battle?

Thanks&#33;
    RaG|NaR

Mooing peacefully since 1996&#33;
    Got Milk?

<a href='http://www.adeptusminneapolis.com' target='_blank'>Adeptus Minneapolis</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m not big on Vindicators myself. Anytime I face one I just destroy it while outside its pitiful range. All they are good for is to absorb some heavy weapon firepower (a good thing) or as an area denial weapon since people tend to avoid them. They are pretty cheap to use as heavy firepower attractors though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotcha, so do not expect it to do much but shoot huh? Would it make a good LOS blocker for my longfangs?
    RaG|NaR

Mooing peacefully since 1996&#33;
    Got Milk?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there&#39;s a vehicle blocking incoming fire, your outgoing fire is probably blocked too. If you move the V out of the way, it can&#39;t shoot, and if you move the LFs then they can&#39;t shoot. If your going to do that, use something cheap like a Rhino to block LOS. Then it can move and your LF can fire.

I don&#39;t expect your vindicator will even get a shot off unless your opponent makes a mistake or the board is very crowded. They&#39;re probably going to shoot it with ranged weapons for outside the range of the Vindicator, or they won&#39;t even get close. And since the Vindicator can&#39;t move and fire, its pretty much just going to sit there. However, since its got average armor, I might absorb some firepower that would otherwise be directed at more fragile units. If you&#39;re lucky it absorbs a lot, if not it dies on the first shot.

My preference is a Predator or Whirlwind over the Vindicator. Although I do have a Vindicator for my army, I never use it. I think I&#39;ve hit hit once by an enemy Vindicator in all the battles I fought, and that was due to a mistake on my part. I usually just shoot at it until it can&#39;t shoot back (stunned, destroyed, etc) and ignore it till the next shooting phase, and stun it again. Sooner or later I blow it up or get a weapon destroyed result and that&#39;s then end of the vindicator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good List.....

I&#39;d suggest giving you&#39;re Grey hunters a bit more punch in combat with 2 powerfists. They strike last but they deal a hell of a lot of damage without opportunity for saves unless invulnerability comes into it. They can also take out vehicles if you&#39;re lucky enough. for an extra 10 points i see this as a good trade off from the power weapons. Also you might like to think about giving youre long fang leader a multimelta or sumfing like that as it gives you another tank buster weapon.

You might also like to give one of your troop units wolf tooth necklaces. This allows them to hit on 3s instead of 4 in most cases. Preferably the terminators who have powerfists. I like to have 5 termis with storm bolter, powerfists and wolf tooth necklaces. An annoying thing to deal with.

But anywayz its your choice and the list is fairly deadly newayz

Closed Thread