Daemonhunters 1000 And 500 Pts Army Lists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, the 500pts Army (for use vs all armies)

HQ:

- Grey Knight Brother Captain 61 pts

ELITES:

- Ordo Malleus Inquisitor 20 pts

- Callidus Assassin 120 pts

TROOPS:

- 8 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers with 2 Plasma guns in Rhino 150 pts

- 5 Grey Knights (incl. a Justicar) 150 pts

TOTAL: 501 pts

The Callidus may be exchanged for a Vindicare and the Inquisitor may have a Stormbolter for the same total pts cost.

Now the 1000 pts list, which is supposed to be used vs Tau and IG (separately) .

HQ:

Grey Knight Grandmaster
    - with Bionics, Psycannon Bolts, and 5 Grey Knight Terminators as Retinue 400 pts

TROOPS:

7 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
    - 2 Plasmaguns
    - 1 Veteran with Teleport Homer 110 pts

10 Inquisitorial Stomtroopers in a Rhino
    - 1 Veteran with Teleport Homer

FAST ATTACK:

5 Grey Knights (incl. Justicar) 150 pts

5 Grey Knights (incl. Justicar) 1 Incinerator 160 pts

TOTAL: 1000 pts

There they are, ladies and gentlemen =) .

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well in the 500 point list, the inquisitor is pretty weak. He has NO weapons. I guess he can make unarmed attacks in close combat... And I wouldn't take a calidus in a game that size. I would drop the Calidus and give the Inquisitor at least a power weapon and bolt pistol.

In the 1000 point list I would suggest dropping bionics, as they never help.
    There's an angel on my shoulder, in my hand a sword of gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The point of having the inq in the first place is to include an assassin. I thought the assassin might be helpful in making my troops and such advance without getting shot down. The callidus can appear, fire nerual shredder (which can pin, I think?), then engage some shooters in CC.

But I dont know, perhaps I should go with some more stormies or some fast attack GKs?

Or even an Orbital Strike?

I was thinking of using Barrage Blast in my 1000pts list vs Tau/IG, since it is merely AP4, and thus wont kill my GKs right off if I would be unlucky enough to get struck. And about the Bionics: i just had 5 pts left, so I thought I might just use them there.

If you have mroe suggestions to spesific changes in the lists, Id really really love to hear them.

Thanks for the comment, lepermessiah =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if the Calidus works, go ahead and keep it. I would try to free up enough points to give the inquisitor a power weapon. Even though he won't be anything special, he'll be a decent model with two wounds and a power weapon. For bionics, you'd have to have 10 points left over, as that's how much they cost for Daemonhunters. I would also add two more plasma guns to the second Stormtrooper squad, even if it means decreasing the squad's size. Fire wariors have a 4+ save, right? If that's right then the plasma guns would be helpful. However they'd really shine if you went up against marines or chaos. If you dropped the calidus, you could replace the Brother-Captain with a Grand Master, which as you probably know, is one bad mother...
    There's an angel on my shoulder, in my hand a sword of gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the Bionics are 10pts =) . Sorry. I just took the remainder of the pts i had and put something ok on the model =) . Thats why Bionics are even there.

If I dont use Callidus, I might as well get rid of the Inq all together since his only purpose was to get the assassins, and use the pts for Stormtroopers og more GKs.

I think I'll give the Callidus a few tries, just to play around, and perhaps exchange it for a Vindicare and thus giving the Inq some weapon. But I'll most likely find the Callidus/Vindicare to be worthless in such a small battle.

I really appreaciate the comments and suggestions =) . Really helpful for one who is just getting into this =) .

I also wanted to make a 40k in 40mins list. Anyone have any thoughts about something like that?

Closed Thread