1000 Pts Space Ork Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my planned army for vetts night... Tourniment in the store

Warboss
    eavy armour
    bionik bonce
    bionik arm
    slugga
    shoppa
    cybork body
    total 101

I like this set up for my war boss because its not too expensive but its well equpt.. The choppa and slugga give one extra attack and the choppa makes anythings best save 4+. When my warboss charges he gets 7 attacks due to the bionik arm and his save is 3 + with a 5 plus inval

big mekk
    kustomforcesheild
    mek boys tools
    super stikkbombs str 10 2d6 armor pen
    slugga choppa
    total 55

2 squads of slugga boys each with a nob consisting of 20 in each the war boss will join one squad each ends up to 191 points

3 war trakks with twin linked big shootas 138 points

3 war trakks with rokkit launchas 120 points

one squad consisting of 9 trukk boys with a war trukk with a big shoota and grott riggers 121

and 2 zapp guns with slaver 72

General tactics are the boys advance up the middle ducking behind as much cover as possible as the trukk and big shootas advance of one edge and the rokkits advance up the other as the zapp guns shoot anything they want lol (spare points and good for tanks)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a pretty good Ork army Mad Dok Grotsnik. Though that looks like a typical Ork army to me. And like most typical Ork armies your going to run into problems once the fast attack is picked off by a shooty army (which undoubtedly will happen). I've seen Ork armies fall apart time and time again because their only viable big guns were mounted on soft targets like fast attack vehicles. This will allow your enemy to keep away from your boys while he picks off traks/trukks/buggies. Your Artillery (zapp) is never really going to be in range of any vehicles and your boys are just flootsloggers with sluggas/choppas.

I'm sure you are a seasoned Ork player, however, your lack of flexibility using a fast/shooty-slow/hand2hand approach may get you into trouble if your opponent is aware of this lack of balance within your army.

Personally I would use some elite choices to add some bite to that scrum of Orks.
    Perhaps some Skarboyz and 'Ard Boys. If you remove the trak, buggies and zapp guns (670 points), you can add 10 Skarboys and 10 'Ard Boys (900 points). The Slugga Boys can be given 6 rokkit launchas (930 points) and/or the elites can grab say 4 big shootas (962). From here you can add your 5+ saves.. i mean grots, adding a Slaver + 10 gretchin takes you to 1001 points. I feel this would add alot more power to your main attack rather than a piddling flank attack (not very Orky anyway). With this army you can just steamroll over most armies with two main advantages:

1) Your guns cant be picked off so easily by heavy weapons blowing your fast attack away (your boys with rokkit launchas can always die last).

2) There is no way that your army can be divided and conquered so easily. If your
    opponent had first turn with a good shooting phase i'd wager most of your fast attack would be a smoking ruin. Your Orks would be easy pickings with such a low armour save, and being forced to either hide or cross the open terrain slowly.

This is just my opinion, but i believe the larger the Ork army the greater is its chance for success. In almost 10 years of hardcore 40k ive seen the Ork fast attack get pounded over, and over, and over, and over agian, with little chance to survive once they are targetted. You could always take 3 buggies and break them into 3 different groups allowing you to split your fire and also preventing your opponent from spreading his fire onto several vehicles from one squads shooting.

If you havent ever taken a pure 'mob of Orks' army i would HIGHLY recommend it. Nothing beats the look you get from your opponenet when you outnumber him 5 to 1 and he realises there are no small and easy targets for him to pick off at his leisure

Have fun!
    IG since '95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would replace the big shoota wartracks with warbikes (cheaper too) and replace the rockit launcha wartraks with an elite squad like flash gits with rockit launchas. I agree with the other post as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you think that ork are ok

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think that orks are not good

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

sos your grammer

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Closed Thread