Ulthwe - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Ulthwe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, i dont have my codex with me so i dont know the point costs. But what do you guys think of this army list, i can change it to match the points when i get my codex back.

2 farseers
    Singing speers
    Guide
    1 farseer with fortune and ccw
    1 farseer with guide and ccw
    2 warlocks with ccw
    Augment
    Enhance

2 squads of 20 black guardians defenders w starcannon
    2 5 man defender squads with bright lances
    2 squads of 10 scorpians w serpent with Bright lances, holofields, and spiritstones

2 wraithlords w Starcannons
    3 Vypers with starcannons/bright lances (Different squads, weapons are same cost so i can change them)

Now i for one would like a bit o dat cheese

the plan s to have the wraithlords and bright lance squads each take a side.
    Black guardians advance up the middle with seer council behind them. My scorpians will engage light infantry, and my starcannons will take heavy infantry out. my wraithlords will try to get into cc and wreak havoc. Any comments and suggestions welcome ( yes i do know its cheesy ) Do you think it will do good?
    Against SM CSM And other eldar?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any suggestions or comments?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first of all the seer coucil is illegal. u need to ahve atlest 3 warlocks. singing spears are inferior to witchblades. u need two hands for a spear and dont get the xtra attack for pisotls.

beef all yur mebers of the coucil with witchblades,a nd onyl have about 2 or 3 farseers and maybe 4 warlocks. this tends to be the msot effective size. fortune and guide are yur best powers. atleast one warlock have nehance. the rest augment and witnessing runes since low leader ship. and augment with mind war is a good combo.

20 amn squads with platofrms are a waste. if u got a platform have baout 10-15 men. the gaurdians should ahve a warlock with conceal to keep form getting shot.v
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k. This isnt my final list, i dont even have my codex with me. Ill change that around. Thanks for the reply salamander . You seem to be the only one to reply to any of my posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My improved list

2 farseers
    Witchblades
    Guide
    1 farseer with fortune and Witchblade
    1 farseer with Mind War and Witchblade
    3 warlocks with Witchblades
    Augment
    Enhance

2 squads of 10 black guardians defenders w starcannon
    2 squads of 10 scorpians w serpent with Bright lances, holofields, and spiritstones

3 Vypers with starcannon/bright lance
    5 Dark reapers

Is kind of unfluffy, because lack of guardians, but when i find out the pointage, I may be able to add defenders/Storm? guardians?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well its not that unfluffy. u ahve not alot fo guardians and too many aspect warriors for my taste but if u liek it then that is wat matters.

2 areas i am "concerned" about.

1. Seer Coucil

you have too many farseers and not enuf warlocks. i like tot ake 1 more warlock then i do farseer. they are protecting the farseer&#39;s not the toehr way around&#33; to remedy this i would dump a farseer and add a warlock. honestly, u onlyt need one guide. ok instead of confusing you ill give yu my seer ocucil.

Farseer
    -witchblade
    pistol
    guide

farseer
    fortune
    blade
    pistol

farseer
    fortune
    balde
    pistol

warlocks (2)
    augment
    runes of witnessing

warlocks(2)
    enhance

this way u have a fire unit follow behind(prolly a guadian squad) and a meat shield in front with warlock and conceal, and fortune them to keep alive longer and get into combat wiht the other squads firing away.

the seocnd is the lack of warlocks and conceal in yur squads. also...add some numbers. yull be labeled cheese mighty quick if u dont, also thye need ot take hits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Farseer
    -witchblade
    pistol
    guide

farseer
    fortune
    blade
    pistol

farseer
    fortune
    balde
    pistol

warlocks (2)
    augment
    runes of witnessing

warlocks(2)
    enhance

1squad of 20 black guardians (Storm or defenders?) with warlock+Conceal Or enhance if storm.
    1 squad of 20 black guardians w warlock+Conceal Starcnnon
    1 squads of 10 scorpians w serpent with Bright lances, holofields, and spiritstones

3 Vypers with starcannons/bright lances

Should I replace some of the defenders with storm guardians?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

again the serpents cant have holo fields.

second, yu are like on two ends of the spectrum. one squad has 20 guys and another has 5. if u ahve 20 guys then they atre wasted, but if u ahve 5, then yu cant take many owunds before they are gone. i like about 10-13 men then the warlock with conceal and the 2 crew. it is a nice even balance. i use this for every gun squad, no matter if it is black or not, and no matter wat weapon.

ulthwe is shooty. stick with shooting. if yur doing strike force then i say storm guardians but not for ulthwe.

Closed Thread