Imperial Guard Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, all... here's a 1500 pt. Guard army for you to review. The point of this army is that everything can deep strike and shoot the first turn it's in - in the case of the Veteran Squads, they can Infiltrate as well. Tell me what you think!

Doctrines: Carapace Armour, Drop Troops, Special Weapons Squads, Iron Discipline, Veterans

HQ -

108 pts.
    Command Platoon Command Squad
    Junior Officer – Carapace Armour, Power Weapon, Targeter, Iron Discipline
    4 Guardsmen – Carapace Armour, 4 Grenade Launchers

95 pts.
    Special Weapons Support Squad 1
    6 Guardsmen – Carapace Armour, 2 Meltaguns, 1 Demolition Charge

95 pts.
    Special Weapons Support Squad 2
    6 Guardsmen – Carapace Armour, 2 Meltaguns, 1 Demolition Charge

Elites -

160 pts.
    Hardened Veterans Squad 1
    10 Veterans – Shotguns, Carapace Armour, 3 Meltaguns, Veteran Sergeant with Carapace Armour, Power Fist

160 pts.
    Hardened Veterans Squad 2
    10 Veterans – Shotguns, Carapace Armour, 3 Meltaguns, Veteran Sergeant with Carapace Armour, Power Fist

160 pts.
    Hardened Veterans Squad 3

Troops –

108 pts.
    Infantry Platoon A Command Squad

80 pts.
    Infantry Squad 1A
    10 Guardsmen – Carapace Armour

80 pts.
    Infantry Squad 2A

108 pts.
    Infantry Platoon B Command Squad

80 pts.
    Infantry Squad 1B

80 pts.
    Infantry Squad 2B

Fast Attack –

75 pts
    Sentinel Squadron 1
    1 Sentinel – Lascannon, Improved Comms

55 pts
    Sentinel Squadron 2
    1 Sentinel – Lascannon

55 pts
    Sentinel Squadron 3
    1 Sentinel – Lascannon

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No tanks! Aren't you brave!

The only problems I have with this army is that you did not take a master-vox and vox sets for your troops! Vox will stop falling back time and time again. And mass drop troops can turn against you with some unlucky dice. Additionally, you will lose alot of shots in that drop turn since all units that drop count as moving - no rapid fire

Aside from those minor points, you are going to scare the Jesus out of your next
    opponent!
    IG since '95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I find the voxes to be rather useless. A junior officer has the same leadership as a veteran sergeant, and all of my squads except my Special Weapons squads have vet sergeants, so voxes are useless to me. Also, voxes can't transfer the Iron Discipline ability through them, so my only reason for taking them is now gone.

Also, I'm quite aware of how many shots I'll lose when I drop in - but that's all a part of the game plan. With a bit of luck, I should be able to drop in at least one Infantry platoon a turn, which gives me meat shields on the field for covering my important guys. If, for some reason, my veterans or command platoon drops in first, then I blast the heck out of the enemy with them (especially the Veterans, who are armed with shotguns! WOOT&#33 and send in my Infantry Platoons for clean-up duty later. See? I've got it all figured out. :lol:

There's another version of this army list that incorporates Deathwatch, but that's a whole different ball o' wax...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

you go man use the deathwatch they are the bomb and i think you should lose a vet for more sentinals
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it interesting that you give the veteran sarge and lieutenant (i refuse to call them junior officers, it sounds like theyre pansies) power fists and u give ur big boss a power weapon. also, give ur command squad 4 melts, better than nades. and let's say u play a mission where ur not allowed to deep strike, what u gonna do? and i know ull probably say all ur games are allowed d strike, but seriously, what are u gonna do if u cant, eh? although i must say, i like all the vetrans with big gunz. but give a lascannon, turn after 1 it may come in handy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any idea what Mission Scenario type you will play? Standard? Battles? Breakthrough? Maybe if i knew the specifics of your up coming game i can be of some help.

Do you have a master plan, Parhaius? Or is it just drop 'n shoot?

Shotguns will be interesting if your opponent does not have a good armour save. In second edition they used the knock ligtly armoured troops off their feet even if they didnt wound on a 4+ on d6! Anyway, good luck with the demo charges, it seems like you have though of just about everything!
    IG since '95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kraken: actually, my "big boss", as you call him, is also a lieutenant, and all 3 of my lieutenants use power weapons. I give the Hardened Veteran Sergeants Power Fists so they can be of use if I get a mission where I can infiltrate but not deep strike. Also, no, if I can't deep strike in a mission, then so be it. It makes life harder for me, but I have 4 squads of meat shields to get in the way until I can bring my big guns to bear. Also, my Sentinels carry lascannons, and I want everything in this army to be able to move and fire every turn if need be, so lascannons in the squads is both redundant and a bad idea from my perspective.

Reavered: I plan on playing any type of mission with this army. Yeah, I know it's not well-rounded, but that's okay. And for my master plan, see above.

Sithjack: All I have to say is that I can't wait for the Ordo Xenos codex to come out in a year or two... and the veterans are more important to this army than another few sentinels. It's more of a fluff thing, but I'll just leave it at that.

Thanks for your comments, guys. And if anyone else wants to put their 2 cents in, by all means, feel free!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good. No tanks, but you can play without them.

One question though, how did you model the Shotguns for the hardened veterans? Did you use Scouts or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I did it the expensive way: I bitz ordered a whole bunch of Scout biker shotguns from GW. And thanks for the compliment!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a good idea... I've been trying to come up with Shotguns for awhile now... first I tried cutting the end of a Lasgun off, and it looked retarded. I concidered buying Scouts, but didn't want to get alot of anoying questions from others on why I'm using the "wrong" models. Oh well.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast