900-point "doom Eagles" Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all, I'm getting back in to WH40k after about 3 or 4 years away from the game and have decided to start back up with a fairly easy-to-play army: Space Marines. Despite my lack of funds, I've been able to put together a 900-point army of Doom Eagles (they're the chapter in the SM Codex that are all Mithril Silver with some red/black details).

I'm limited in what units I have available to field, but I've given my troops weapons that I think will perform well against the kind of opponents I'm going to face. Alot of the players at the hobby shop I visit play armor-heavy armies such as IG or CSM, so I figured I'd try to tailor my force to be good tank busters.

What I'm looking for is some advice: What do you guys think I should add to or change in my current army list, and what units do you think may be useful to me in the future (when I get more money)?

Here's da list:

HQ - Librarian - 130 points
    Terminator honors, plasma pistol, force weapon

Elites - Dreadnought - 115 points
    Assault cannon, missile launcher

Troops - Tactical Squad - 160 points
    1 Sgt. w/ bolter, 8 marines w/ bolters, 1 marine w/ meltagun

Troops - Tactical Squad - 160 points
    1 Sgt. w/ bolter, 8 marines w/ bolters, 1 marine w/ meltagun

Fast Attack - Assault Squad - 150 points
    4 marines w/ melta bombs, 1 Sgt. w/ plasma pistol & melta bombs

Heavy Support - Devastator Squad - 185
    2 missile launchers, 2 multi-meltas

Total Force: 900 points

All comments and suggestions are welcome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not give the libraian a jump pack so he can hop about with the assault squad? That will add a bit more punch to the squad and give the you a chance to make back some of the points you spent on the psyker. When you get a bit more cash,bump the squad up to ten men.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not give the libraian a jump pack so he can hop about with the assault squad? That will add a bit more punch to the squad and give the you a chance to make back some of the points you spent on the psyker. When you get a bit more cash,bump the squad up to ten men or get a body guard for the libraian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No tank is going to go near your dev squad if it has multimeltas! Changing them to lascannon is a step in the right direction i think.
    IG since '95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm yeah now that you mention it, the 24-inch range on the multi-meltas is gonna have trouble competing with the 48-inch range of my missile launchers.

As for the librarian, that's a pretty good idea. It would give me an excuse to make a converted model for my army, plus I think a librarian with a jump pack would be pretty nifty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

and give the lib an iron halo to keep him in there and maybe a unit of scouts and/or termies
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a very nice, balanced army.

Well done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sithjack made a very good suggestion. Make sure you get that invulnerable save for your Librarian!

Also, depending on who you fight (of course), a twin-linked lascannon on your Dreadnough may be more practical than the assault cannon. Since it has no close combat weapon i assume you lose the strength of 10. If you use two long range weapons it can sit back and pick off any problematic armour you face. Rather than being exposed at close range. If half your army is assaulting maybe swapping its missile launcher out for the ccw and keeping the Assault cannon would also work out for the best!

Just some ideas
    IG since '95.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to add onto wat to reveared said i thinkt hat the twin linked las cannon/dread ddw weapon is the best. but if u need tank hunting, the ultimate tank hunting dread is the twin linked las/missile launcher/ hunter killer missle.

i second the mostion on giving yur librarian a force weapon

i also second the motion to switch multi meltas. every thought about plasma cannons?? str 7 so can take out tanks and the heavy infantry. its very versitaile.

VERY NICE list tho, i like it alot. kudos on doom eagles as well. i have always liekd there color scheme. im glad to see a marine player thats not rhino rushing.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

always use your halo unless your playing deathwing cause they have no use for it
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Closed Thread