1500pt Khorne Zerker Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDITED: Army has been edited, the lord was illegal, to many gifts, and I hadnt paid for 2 aspiring champions and the bikers couldnt have plasma guns. All these have been modified and with the left over points I bought a power weapon for the bikers, and a power fist for each zerker squad.

HQ
    Chaos Daemon Prince: 170
    Mark of Khorne (10)
    Daemon Speed (15)
    Daemonic Stature (15)
    Daemonic Essence (15)
    Berzerker Glaive (40)
    Furious Charge(15)
    Feel No Pain(10)

Comments: A close combat beast if ever ive made one, and I know largely he is cookie cutter of all great Khorne lords so sue me. My one change is daeminc speed, coupled with the glaive he should be able to get into close combat in turn 2. My only concern is his survivability, and I hope his wounds/saves and FnP will see him through. Additionally with str 8 and int 6 on a charge i think his 10 attacks will insue ten kills on almost any unit.

Elites
    5 Chosen Aspiring Champions total: 270
    Daemoic Steed(15)
    Mark of Khorne(5)
    Khorne Chain Axes(1)
    Feel no Pain(5)
    Talisman of Khorne(5)
    Icon(0)

Troops
    8 Khrone Berzerkers total 180
    Power Fist(15)
    Mark of Khorne(5)
    Khrone Chain Axe(1)
    Talisman of Blood(5)
    Icon(0)

8 Khrone Berzerkers total 180
    Power Fist(15)
    Mark of Khorne(5)
    Khrone Chain Axe(1)
    Talisman of Blood(5)
    Icon(0)

8 Bloodletters 208

Fast Attack
    4 Khorne Bikers total 188
    Power Weapon(10)
    Mark of Khorne(5)
    Khorne Chain Axe(1)
    Talisman of Blood (5)
    Icon(0)

Heavy Support
    Dreadnaught 125
    Plasma cannon(40)
    Missile Launcher(10)

Defiler 185
    Havoc Launcher(10)
    Indirect Fire(25)

total 1501:

Comments: Do I have enough cover fire? and do they move fast enough? My three hardest hitting units can move a good distance, hopefully getting into combat fast enough to call out the bloodletters and tie up the enemy fire so they dont pick off my zerkers. The dreadnaught and Defiler are armour killers as well as troops killers with the vast mounts of ordance, and blast weapons. I've never played an army this straight forward before, I like more flexible and mobile armies such as space marines or eldar, but I hope i can make these work. I made them largely for the conversion opportunites and everything save the zerkers is heavily converted, so if anything they will look nice as they die for the blood god.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

give your 'zerkers free champs, also i dont' think chosen can upgrade an aspiring champion (the are called chosen champs) and you don't have the right amount of people in your squad for the freebie
    i play tzeentch and i play a heavy firepower army. i have tried khorne, but i don't like it mainly cause 1/3 of the time, you don't get to control your troops
    but your lord looks very good, (if not on the pricey side)
    Sheez man that lord must be invincible (it will kill in 1 on 1's) maybe consider a bloodthirster instead of the lord (better stats, but less reliable)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he;s right, the favored of khorne is 8, thats what he has, and they're called "Chosen aspiring champions" so he got that right too
    only thing is i heard that a chaos dread with a plasma cannon can rolla 6 and blow up his own guys, so keep it at a distance from your guys if possible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where do you get St8 at? He will be at S6 on the charge. I am not a fan of bikes because I would rather give my Zerkers furious charge; "Whatever tickles ur' pickle". I5 from a troop unit and S5!
    I beleive you have power fists but not shown aspiring champs. You can't have fists with outh the champ so I am assuming you did not post that on accident. Different then what a usually see but fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bikes can move 12"+d6 for blood rage, thats a huge move to get them into combat and pull out the bloodletters.

and the aspiring champs are free for the squad of 8 so it was sort of implied, sorry for the confusion.

I still havent decided on grenades or furios charge for my zerkers, what do any of you think? are the a must or not a big neccessity? I didnt want to pump my dudes to large so i could fit more basic troops as is I have but 36 units and only three of those trully cabable of taking down large enemy units and tanks and this is my biggest worry. Can i take an imperial guard/ork army with 100 units and over 20 heavy weapons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. Last time I checked bikes cannot suffer from blood rage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bloody heck your right....

well that was a waste of 50 bucks. Guess ill use em anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think anyone playing khorne and not using the Bloodthirster is insane, I mean cmon that guy is close to being invincible 3+4+ WS9!!!!!! 5 attacks I mean if thats not worth the full 205 points alone 4 wounds... I know id stain my pants if id have to fight him, 2 devestator squads full fire 1 turn 8 heavy weapon shots, maybe 3 of em hit and 1 or 2 might cause a wound which is unlikely also heh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, Lord Cunning, you cant post stats on this site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Archon Ganjhsogb@Oct 28 2003, 16:47
    he;s right, the favored of khorne is 8, thats what he has, and they're called "Chosen aspiring champions" so he got that right too
    only thing is i heard that a chaos dread with a plasma cannon can rolla 6 and blow up his own guys, so keep it at a distance from your guys if possible

If you look at the new rules on a roll of 6 he doesn't shoot at the closest unit anymore that was in the old rules. Now he shoots at the closest enemy unit.

Also a bloodthirster is definately in need. Mine is one of the most effective things in my army. Not to mention he has never failed to kill a tank I mean hell 2d6 = his strength of 8 with all of his attacks. He's sure to make a pile of scrap out of any tank.

Also don't down play your bikers because they can't blood rage. They are still moving at a sure 12" every turn and are more reliable. You don't have to worry about them charging a dreadnaught or something. Not to mention they can put down alot of fire power. I would give your bike champ a power fist so that you can roll them into tanks or dreads and take them out. Zerkers need all the help they can get taking out heavy stuff and this has worked well for my army. My zerker bikers are my most favorite unit in my khorne army. With a toughness of 5 they'll be surely hard to kill in hand to hand.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast