Mega-battle Nid Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

I got bored today so i decided to do a Nid army list, so here it is. And any critisms would be accepted:

HIVE FLEET OMEGA

HQ
    Hive Tyrant 201pts
    equipment:wings, implant attack, extend carapace, toxic sacs, adrenal glands, Warp Blast, The horror, Synapse Creature, 2 sets of Talons

Hive Tyrant 199pts
    equipment:enhance senses, implant attack, Warp blast, Warp Field, The horror, Synapse Creature, Venom Cannon, 1 set of Talons
    Body Guard:3 Tyrant Guards 135pts

ELITE
    brood of lictors(3) 240pts

Warrior Brood(9) 338pts
    equipment:6 warriors with 3 set of Talons, 3 Warriors w/ rending claws, 1 venom cannon, 8 deathspitters, extended carapace, implant attack, toxic sacs

Warrior Brood(9) 317pts
    equipment:6 warriors with 3 set of Talons, 3 Warriors w/ rending claws, 1 barb strangler, 8 devourers, extended carapace, implant attack, toxic sacs

TROOPS
    2 Genestealer broods(12) 264pts
    equipment:scythe talons and rending claws

2 termagaunt broods(32) 426pts
    equipment:1 guy has hive node, toxic sacs, devourer

2 Hormagaunt broods(32) 458pts
    equipment:1 hive node, scythe talons, toxic sacs, implant attack

FAST ATTACK
    2 broods of Winged Warriors(9) 404pts
    equipment:scthe talons, rending claws, toxic sacs, extend carapace, adrenal glands

Red Terror 104pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Carnifex(2) 157pts
    equipment:venom cannon, enhance senses, extend carapace, 1 set of Talons

Biovore 78pts
    equipment:poison, frag, and bio acid

TOTAL POINTS>5048pts
    TOTAL MODELS>200 models

So that is pretty much it. So any feedback about the list if it should be improved or not, tell me. And also comments are welcome.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Psychotic, Soda Addicted, Level-Headed Christian Friendly, Sexy Japanese Girl of LO

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x2)

any comments? oh well..damn..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Psychotic, Soda Addicted, Level-Headed Christian Friendly, Sexy Japanese Girl of LO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, thats alot of painting. where are you playing this battle and who against?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*runs in fear*, on the other hand you may want to give tyrant guard to both nids, and according to the rules you can give them to any monstrous creature
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x2)

I could give them some tyrant guards to the carnifexes, but I am sure since I really don't plan on building an army of this monstrousity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't mind me mentioning a few things:

- Why would you give a Tyrant Warp Blast if it already has a Venom Cannon? Hive Mind Powers don't receive a seperate Shooting phase. Give a Tyrant Warp Blast if you've only given it close combat bioweapons. Otherwise, forget it. It's a waste of points.

- Nice choice with the Lictors. Definitely keep those. Same with the Biovore for supporting fire.

- Give the Carnifex a brood of Tyrant Guards as was mentioned before. In that case, I'd even go as far as to give two sets of Scything Talons and the approiate biomorphs. Would probably attract fire like lesbians to a fish market, though. The only thing hindering that plan is the Carnifex's disgustingly low Initiative.

Otherwise, that is one MASSIVE Hive Fleet. It's probably healthy that you don't plan to actually build this army. Just a fraction of it, sure. But 5000+ points is a casual painter's nightmare.

-Dismal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x2)

oh well, the venom is there for more light tank models while the LD part of the warp blast is for tanks like the BaneBlade.

For the point thing, yeah this army list was made because i got bored in my dorm room one day. I might in the future make a tyranid list, but i have other plans w/ chaos still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For 5000 points, you should have a lot more than 200 models. You have too many points tied up in fancy biomorphs that you don't need.

The biomorph options are there so that a Tyranid player can specialize his troops to the particular needs of the Hive, not to dress up troops with every conceivable option.
    <a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Tyranids/aan' target='_blank'>Orange & Black Nids</a>

<a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Imperial-Guards/afh' target='_blank'>Cadain 8th</a>
    <a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Imperial-Guards/afi' target='_blank'>8th Officer</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

yeah, nids work well with the "swamp &#39;em" tactic from the ork codex. Loads of hormagaunts and termagants, some zoanthropes, a carnifex, hive tyrant, maybe some lictors and genestealers as a shock tactic. Using so many biomorphs seriously limits the amount of stuff you can have, and in a 5000pt army you&#39;re gonna need a hell of a lot especially if you&#39;re up against a shooty army like tau
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Closed Thread