2000 Point Space Wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aye guys.....Just made my first 2000 point army. I havnt got any transport vehicles as of yet but planning on doing so. Lets us know wot u think.

HQ

Wolf Lord @135 points
    Termi Armour
    Thunder Hammer
    Storm Bolter
    Runic Charm

Body Guard @252 points
    4 Terminators
    Storm Bolter (4)
    Chainfists (4)
    Runic Charm (4)

Rune Priest @142 points
    Runic Weapon
    Bolter
    Runic Armour

Body Guard @252 points
    4 Terminators
    Storm Bolter (4)
    Chainfists (4)
    Runic Charm (4)

Venerable Dreadnought @170 points
    Twin-Linked Autocannon
    Heavy Flamer
    CCW

Elites

Wolf Scouts @122 points
    Bolt Pistol and Power Weapon (2)
    Plasma Pistol and CCW(2)
    Plasma Gun (1)

Troops

Grey Hunters @221 points
    Bolters and CCW (4)
    Bolter and Power Weapon (2)
    Plasma Pistols and CCW (2)
    Plasma Gun (1)
    Frag Grenades (10)

Blood Claws @160 points
    Bolt Pistol and CCW (6)
    Melta Bombs (

Blood Claws @160 points
    Bolt Pistol and CCW (6)
    Melta Bombs (

Heavy Support

Long Fangs @245 points
    Leader with Plasma Gun
    Missile Launcher (1)
    Lascannon (1)
    Multi-Melta (1)
    Plasma Cannon (1)

Predator Annihilator @141 points
    Lascannons
    Heavy Bolters
    Extra Armour
    Search Lights
    Pintle Storm Bolter

Totle: 2000 points

As i said above. This is my first 2000 point army so feel free to demolish it. And again im gonna go get some transports if required. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of suggestions:

A plasma pistol on your Long Fang leader is probably a waste. Your goal is to never have badguys that close, and he'll probably be your first casualty of the pack so its very unlikely you'll get to use it.

A dozer blade on your Predator is no use. Its not supposed to be travelling all around plowing through rough terrain. Move as little as possible and shoot as much as possible, so your goal is to never use the dozer blade anyway. Same with the search light. You'll only ever get the chance to use it in one or two scenarios, so drop it.

Use the points saved to get a WG leader for your scout pack, or a couple more BC troops. The pintle mounted storm bolter isn't worth as much killing power as a BC troop. I'd use the points toward the the WG leader or BC

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bolters and ccw? do u mean pistols cuz u cant use the bolter and get +1 attack.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No they are bolters. and i know i lose the +1 charge bonus but they are there for fire support while the blood claws go into hand to hand combat. Its just something im trying out. Ive gone for the extra range over the 12inch bolt pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slamander; When they charge they get +1A for the charge but not for the bolters. They DO get +1A for bolters since they have true grit the rest of the time.

However, I never stand still with my Wolves, so I always take pistols. When moving, pistols are exactly the same as bolters. The only time I would take bolters is for a unit I planned to use as a fire support and not move much. Pistols do have the advantage of +1A when charging as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I&#39;ll have a shot at your SW army .

HQ

Wolf Lord @135 points
    Termi Armour
    Thunder Hammer
    Storm Bolter
    Runic Charm

Good deal, are you planning on having him attack vehicles? I would say take lightening claws instead.... that reroll to wound is SWEET . Other than that, I&#39;d ditch the termie armor and give him a belt of russ, better save (4+ invul) and not as expensive.

Body Guard @252 points
    4 Terminators
    Storm Bolter (4)
    Chainfists (4)
    Runic Charm (4)

Good choice, I would probably suggest getting a LR to haul these guys around, as without the teleporting feature termies take a loooooong time to get across the board. I would suggest taking a assualt cannon/cyclone or two. These guys are gonna be marching for a while before they get into CC so make them valuable .

Rune Priest @142 points
    Runic Weapon
    Bolter
    Runic Armour

I like the runic armor, however I would suggest putting him with the blood claws&#33; Under TAR you&#39;ll get 4 attacks per BC when charging, plus Storm Caller gives you initiative 10 so first strike is almost guaranteed (or at least simul). Then give him a rhino/LR to haul around your pack as a super-assualt squad. I like the runic weapon alot, get rid of the bolter for a pistol so you get the +1 weapon (5 attacks&#33;&#33;&#33. Runic armor I do like, just to keep him alive a little longer in CC.

Body Guard @252 points
    4 Terminators
    Storm Bolter (4)
    Chainfists (4)
    Runic Charm (4)

Get rid of these guys, or put them in the pack for the wolf lord if you don&#39;t intend to have a transport for them. You have waaay too many termies for a SW army.

Venerable Dreadnought @170 points
    Twin-Linked Autocannon
    Heavy Flamer
    CCW

Like it, only take a HF against nids or CC powerful armies. The TL-autocannon is sweet for troops and light vehicles. If you&#39;re gonna fight anything with a 14 armor make sure to switch to a TL-lascannon.

Elites

Wolf Scouts @122 points
    Plasma Pistol and CCW(2)
    Plasma Gun (1)

Drop the Plasma pistol CCW. I&#39;d get a meltagun instead of the plasma gun (toss up depending on who you&#39;re targetting with these guys, PG against troops MG against tanks you might not be able to charge in the turn you bring them on. Might consider taking a WG leader for the squad, as it still lets them go behind enemy lines while giving you an added guy at BS4 WS4.

Troops

Grey Hunters @221 points
    Bolters and CCW (4)
    Bolter and Power Weapon (2)
    Plasma Pistols and CCW (2)
    Plasma Gun (1)
    Frag Grenades (10)

Love this, might choose a melta gun based on need. Bolters are very good and the CCWs will keep you alive if they are dumb enough to charge . I&#39;m a big fan of transports.... so You might wanna take a rhino to get these guys where they&#39;re going quick. Esp with the CC setup its almost a must to guarantee your army isn&#39;t picked off.,

Blood Claws @160 points
    Bolt Pistol and CCW (6)
    Melta Bombs (

Blood Claws @160 points
    Bolt Pistol and CCW (6)
    Melta Bombs (

These guys MUST be in a transport to make them effective. The goal of these troops are to shock the enemy with their 4 attack charges. Also, a rune priest really makes these guys shine&#33; I like the PW combos, as when you use storm caller you can hit them at init 10 with the rest of your force. Melta bombs... depends on the force, but without power fists probably a good idea. Think about getting a Land Raider Crusader and combining the squad to 14 with a rune priest along for the ride. That will guarantee you a hard hitting force .

Heavy Support

Long Fangs @245 points
    Leader with Plasma Gun
    Missile Launcher (1)
    Lascannon (1)
    Multi-Melta (1)
    Plasma Cannon (1)

Love the long fangs, but I&#39;d suggest getting all of one weapon (all lascannon, plasma cannon). Leave off the multimeltas, the range isn&#39;t there and if they&#39;re that close your squad is probably dead . Missile launchers and heavy bolters should be used against tyranids, against people with armor I would use lascannons or plasma.... I really like plasma . Also, sling your squad with a Razorback (this was included as an addendum in Chapter Approved), it gives you an extra twin-linked something and some mobility in case this squad is assualted.

Predator Annihilator @141 points
    Lascannons
    Heavy Bolters
    Extra Armour
    Search Lights
    Pintle Storm Bolter

drop the pintle, it&#39;s almost worthless. Search lights are only needed by nite fight battles. I would use all three lascannons instead of the HB, your army is CC oriented so you need vehicles that can knock out tanks, not troops (your BCs will kill them&#33;&#33.

Totle: 2000 points

Well, I like your army&#33; Get some transports and you&#39;ll really be a force to reckon with. Without vehicles the SWs tend to get picked off to quickly to make a difference (esp against shootie forces).

Good luck&#33;
    ---------------------------------
    RaG|NaR

Mooing peacefully since 1996&#33;
    Got Milk?

<a href='http://www.adeptusminneapolis.com' target='_blank'>Adeptus Minneapolis</a>

Closed Thread