Help With Black Templar Allied Grey Knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im technically a newbie, having only played 1 or two games and need help as im in the process of getting my own 1500 pt army. The army ive decided to go with is black templars allied daemonhunters. Since im a newbie id like as much advice about any do's or dont's in making my army list. Well here it is:

HQ479pt)

Grandmaster-mastercraft weapon, teleport homer, a psychic attack(20 points designated so i can choose anyone, of course leaning towards hammerhand or holocaust depending)
    -4 grey knight terminators

Emperior's Champion-all his goodies added on

Troops:

Troop1: 8 initiates (6 with bolters)
    (205pt) -1 lascannon
    -5 frag grenades
    -1 meltagun
    -1purity seal

joined with a standard rhino with smokelaunchers

Troop 2: 8 initates(6 with ccw and bolt pistol)
    (201pt) -1 lascannon
    -1 flamer
    -5 frag grenades
    -1 purity seal

joined with a rhino-has smokelaunchers

Havent decided which initiates will hold each wargear

Fast Attack:

Fast Attack 1: 5 initiates(3 with ccw and bolt pistol)
    (155pt) -2 with meltabombs
    -2 with power weapons and bolt pistol
    -1 purity seal
    -all have jet packs

havent decided which initiats will hold wargear.

Fast Attack 2: 1 justicator-meltabombs
    (265pt) 7 grey knights-1 psycannon, 1 incinerator

Heavy Support:

Vindicator
    (120pt)
    Whirlwind
    (75pt)

total pts:1500 exact

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm Well IM A Big Black Templar Player and if I was going to suggest something. Your List is good sofar.

Dreadnought - 1
    Termy Squad - 1

to add a bit more muscle to your army. but other then that it looks good bro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my bad, forgot that the gradnmaster was also with 4 gk terminators. As for the dreadnaught, if i put that in, what would i take out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a given that it has to replace one of your elite teams. chose the least effective one you got. Id put in a few more termies for good measure. but aside from that its a good start though bro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

firstly, remove the psycannon if u from the GK if u are going to deepstrike and replace it with an incinerator if u want as the incinerator is better at close range and psycannon is pointless as u should deepstrike right next to the enemy

i would go for grey knight dreadnought instead of a black templar one as it can get an incinerator and GK equipment (not much but extra stuff against chaos) but it of course depends on points and stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He can't take a GK dreadnought as an ally, no Daemonhunters heavy support. No one listen to Max's advice, he doesn't know what he's talking about. I would give the GM a storm shield. KEEP the psycannon, it's a powerful weapon.
    There's an angel on my shoulder, in my hand a sword of gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's cheesy..... at least fluff wise... I can't stand when space marine players take Daemon Hunters as allies. Just stick to your base chapter. I mean really, why would a Daemon Hunter grandmaster be leading a black templar army. Did the emporer not think that the black templar lord was worthy to lead his own troops into battle or what. The only reason I can see even using allies is when they are controlled by another player. The only exception that I can see is maybe imperial gaurd seeing as how it's common to see a inquisitor taking command of a gaurd army to be used to purge a planet or something. But to take a black templar army's command away from them and replacing it with another amry then... maybe you should just be playing a Daemon Hunter army. :huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, sorry i forgot about the heavy support rule, but i would like to point out that i do know something and not nothing :o

also, the psycannon/incinerator issue is a personal preference thing for an army, as both have their merits and it depends on how u want to use them and what army are playing against

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not cheesy.
    The ordo malleus has the authority to requisition any army necessary for its mission. It also says in the daemonhunters codex or white dwarf that some space marine chapters have oaths or honour debts to the inquisition.
    It is a good army list amd good deal with most things in combat.
    A callidus assassin is very useful if you have deepstriking troops as she can tie up and probably destroy entire enemy weapon teams while you gk deepstrike and cant move for a turn. Its up to you but i dont recommend a psycannnonif you are deeepstriking. An incinerator has -1S but still has ap4 and ignores invulnerable saves and it can hit more targets.
    A lascannon and flamer is a bad combination because one is only useful close up and the other you cannot move with if you fire it.
    Hammerhand is not useful as you already have str 6 pwr wpn and force weapon.
    Holocaust is very useful though.

with faith in the emperor we will never fail
    NOBODY CAN ESCAPE THE SCRUTINY OF THE INQUISITION.........
    INNOCENCE PROVES NOTHING!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes they may have oaths or honor debts.... but they wouldn't just ditch the black templar commander and take his army.......... May just be my opinion but I think it's cheesy. Now taking an assassin in a space marine army is truly cheesier. Space marines are supposed to be the elite of the emperium. Why would they need the assistance of a hired normal human mercanary.

Either way... I think taking Daemon hunters with a space marine army would be no different than me taking Iron Warriors with my berzerker army.

Also I noticed that you have 8 man squads but in thier gear you have 5 frag gernades. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't frag gernades only effective if the whole squad has em.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast