Please Rate My 1500 Point Dw Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Master of the Deathwing Agranon- 373
    Terminator Armour
    Storm Bolter
    Sword of Secrets
    Retinue-
    2 Pairs of Lightning Claws
    1 Assault Cannon and Chain Fist
    1 Apothecary
    Narthecium
    Storm Bolter and Power Fist
    Terminator Armour

Troops Squad Koura- 275 points.
    2 Cyclone Missile Launchers
    2 Storm Bolters and Power Fists
    Sergeant With Power Weapon and Storm Bolter

Troops Squad Ezek- 275 points.
    2 Cyclone Missile Launchers
    2 Storm Bolters and Power Fists
    Sergeant With Power Weapon and Storm Bolter

Troop Squad Oblous- 327 points.
    1 Assault Cannon and Chain Fist
    1 Assault Cannon and Power Fist
    3 Storm Bolters and Power Fists
    Sergeant with Power Weapon and Storm Bolter

Land Raider Crusader Kondros -250 points.
    2 Hurricane Bolters
    Linked Assault Cannon
    Multi-Melta (Serve as Transport for Agranon and Retinue)

1500 Total
    19 Models Total

Mostly an army to shoot and counter attack. Can deal with tanks easily. I might swap out the Assault Cannons in squad for Oblous for 2 more Cyclone Missile Launchers. Well, let me know what you think. (I will DS if I can)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about some Dreadnoughts?

I'd also suggest putting some Lightningclaws in the 2 squads with Cyclones, one pair in each perhaps. Another thing worth considering is adding some Thunderhammers to the various squads
    Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think dreadnoughts die way too easily and the reason I did not put lightning claws in the squads with cyclones is because they are suppose to shoot. So I can also use the storm bolters and if they do get too close I can then I still have power fists and a power sword. Does anyone use the thunder storm combo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Deathwing army have a very similar structure as yours in regard to the squad size (5-6 models) I like to change one powerfist in each squad for a Thunderhammer (not only for the diversity, but they can be pretty good too).

The reason I suggest the lightning claws in the units with cyclones, are that those units will be prime target for assault and it could pay of to have one more Terminator that strike at initiative value if assaulted. You say they are supposed to shoot, but when playing that won't work. Every unit in a Deathwing army must help out, e.g you can't afford to stand still more than one round top.

I do agree on the point that Dreadnoughts die quickly (mine are usually gone in round 1) but they do soak up some enemy heavy weapons fire, saving Terminators with evey hit taken.
    Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I suppose you are right. The thing with dreadnoughts to is well I can give them a missile launcher and a lascannon but they aren't as reliable as another unit of terminators. I see what you mean with making the squads able to do more than one thing kind of making them "good-all-roun" instead of having specific roles. So I think I will swao out 2 of the regular power fists and storm bolters for 2 terminators with lightning claws(1 per squad). Besides my whole army can move and fire everything to it's max potential.

One thing to remeber is that I do have sergeants in the squads striking at initiative so 2 models desinged for cc and 2 models designed for shooting and 1 just to be there per squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take it your HQ is riding in the Landraider? You could give the Sgt in that squad a teleport homer and deepstrike in the unit with assaultcannons. Deepstriking also works pretty good with units that have heavyflamer, atleast when playing vs Toughness 3 opponents with poor armour.
    Master Belial

Closed Thread