Black Legion List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole point of this force is using unmarked or Chaos undivded troops-it's a foible of mine, I believe that the parts of Chaos (the gods) cannot be greater than the whole. I am, however limited by some of the models in my collection,for instance I'd like to include some furies, but that will have to wait a bit.
    Anyhow enough babble, here's the list.

HQ
    Chaos lord-mark of chaos undivided,the dark blade,daemon armour,plasma pistol,daemonic mutation, daemonic visage, spiky bits. 145 pts

Retinue-5x Aspiring champions,markof chaos undivided,power wepons, spiky bits. 240 pts

Elites
    10x Possesd marines, 1 upgraded to aspiring champion with a power wepon,all models with daemonic mutation and a rhino with smoke launchers.

Troops
    10x Chaos space marines with bolters.
    10x Chaos space marines with bolters.

Fast attack
    5x Raptors, 1 upgraded to aspiring champion with a power wepon.

Heavy support
    1 Dreadnought with a twin linked autocannon
    1 Defiler flamer upgraded to a havoc launcher

1498 pts the lot. Now it's got to survive the onslaught of my mate's World eaters. BRING IT ON!
    I'll do a battle report on how it all turns out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it looks like a good well balanced list to me
    Maybe try to get rid of some points of the retinue and give your squads some stuff like plasma guns and power weapons/fists then your space marine killing power is spread out (not just on the retinue)that would help against wrld eaters
    Give the raptor champ a plasma pistol one of the raptors a melta gun and maybe lighting claws. Though you would have to decide were to take the pts off to get these extras

hope i have helped

inq lord anderson
    -----------------------------end transmission-------------------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AN INQUISTOR HELPING CHAOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! BURN HEREITIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the hell.

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe try to get rid of some points of the retinue and give your squads some stuff like plasma guns and power weapons/fists then your space marine killing power is spread out (not just on the retinue)that would help against wrld eaters
    I did think about that, but the plan is to reduce his numbers with fire and have some stuff to squash him in close combat when he gets close, as he inevitably will. It's more than likely that his lord will be among the things that gets close, so I'm kinda feeling the need for a unit that will have a better than average chance against him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take a defiler. your bound to blow a handful of marines each turn with the battle cannon.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

"I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Err...I have taken a Defiler, for exactly that reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your list looks like a good start, but there's a few suggestions I have.

1. If you're using the Trial Assault rules, you should definitely place an Aspiring Champion with Power Fist in each of your CSM squads, since it cannot be singled out. This makes each CSM squad much harder-hitting in an assault, as it virtually guarantees at least 2 kills a turn.

2. Your Possessed are a good idea, but I would give them Daemonic Talons instead of Mutation - this makes them more able to take down harder units like Termies and such, and they'll still get a large number of attacks. Plus, see above about the Aspiring Champion's weapons.

3. That Retinue you have is way too many points for way too few models. If your opponent has any brains at all he'll just shoot them up from a distance; then you're out 240 points with nothing to show for it! If you insist on giving the entire retinue power weapon and making them champions, then at least give them Daemonic Aura to increase their survivability at least a bit - I'd remove Spiky Bits since it's really not worth the 50 points you're paying for it. That, or give them a Rhino to get them into assault quicker - it will also increase their survivability by removing them from your opponent's vision.

4. Your Lord looks good, but you may want to consider giving him Daemonic Aura for the Invulnerable save as well - chances are that squad will be the target of a good amount of shooting from heavy weapons.

Overall, your list and unit choices look solid and you have the right idea - just make a few equipment tweaks and it should be great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not using the trial assault rules,so for me power fist guys still just get splitched in the first round.I like the talons idea on balance and I think I'll go with it,yes it is one less attack, but possesed will still get 3 on the charge and 27 dice gives me the potental for an awful lot of 6's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For your battle against World Eaters I would suggest not giving the lord Daemon Armour since the best save he will most likely ever get is a 4+ (khornate chainaxes). That'll save you twenty points. And also remember not to let him assault you, if he assaults you with khorne berzerkers he will get 4 attacks for charging. If your using your chosen squad definitely give them an invulnerable save since he'll probably be using bloodletters (all of them have power weapons).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast