Chaos Marines Renegade Company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 2000 pt Chaos list followed by the fluff for the company. The boys will be getting a run-out tonight against Tyranids, I will post a report in due course.

HQ:
    Sorceror Lord, Mark of Tzeentch, Terminator Armour, Dark Blade, Close Combat Weapon, Daemonic Mutation, Daemonic Strength, Daemonic Essence, Bionics, Gift of Chaos. 186 pts.

Elite:
    9 Chosen Terminators, 9 Marks of Slaanesh, 9 Power Fists, 7 Sonic Blasters, 2 Blast Masters. 468 pts.

5 Havocs, 5 Marks of Slaanesh, 4 Lascanon. 235 pts.

5 Havocs, 5 Marks of Slaanesh, 4 Missile Launchers. 175 pts.

Troops:
    15 Chaos Marines with bolt pistol and close combat weapon, 1 upgrade to aspiring champion. 15 Marks Chaos Undivided. 238 pts.

15 Chaos Marines with bolt pistol and close combat weapon, 1 upgrade to aspiring champion. 15 Marks Chaos Undivided. 238 pts.

Heavy Support:
    Defiler with indirect fire, Lascanon and Havoc Launcher. 215 pts

Dreadnought with plasma canon. 115 pts

5 Havocs with 4 heavy bolters. 130pts.

The Company of Machiellus the Oblique:

Ten millenia ago a Marine Company arrived in the Eye of Terror aboard the battle barge PASTEL WARRIOR, part of the huge fleet that transported the whole of the Sons of Horus Legion. The Legion had just been defeated at the Emperor’s Palace on Terra, Horus was dead and the Legion had fallen under the command of Abbadan the Despoiler.

The leader of the Company, Machiellus the Oblique, had only taken over as Commander a few years before. Prior to that he had spent many decades attached to the HQ Company providing strategic and tactical contingency plans for the Legion. His devious, cunning and innovative long range planning had not gone un-noticed and when the Legion began it’s turn to Chaos Horus lead him to Tzeentch dedication, then promoted him out of HQ to command the Company.

The Company took great pride in skill-at-arms and tactical excellence, often providing training cadres for new recruits. In the great battles the Legion had fought they were often held in reserve and unleashed against enemy hardpoints where they could test their skills against the best the enemy had to offer. The Company celebration banquets after these victories were legendary throughout the Legion, sometimes lasting days if the situation allowed. Their Company markings involved painting their armour in bright colours to draw the attention of the enemy and show him their arrogance and contempt.

It was perhaps inevitable with these tendencies that, when Horus later turned the whole Legion to Chaos, many of the rank and file, particularly the best warriors, would be drawn to the worship of Slaanesh. Thus the Company were a largely Slaaneshi Company under the devious direction of a Sorceror of Tzeentch when Abbadan issued the order to paint their armour black and become the Black Legion.

Machiellus the Oblique knew that this order would cause great dissatisfaction among his Slaaneshi rank and file, whose traditional pride in their bright colours was re-inforced by their Slaanesh inspired desire for stimulation. Machiellus also knew his path to daemonhood and power would be greatly expedited if the Company were independent of Abbadan. Abbadan’s order was therefore reworded in a most offensive and undiplomatic manner before being posted for the Company.

Machiellus skillfully manipulated the anger of his troops until at last ‘reluctantly’ agreeing that the Company desert the Legion and set up as an independent renegade unit under the leadership of Machiellus the Oblique. A new force for Chaos was born.

In some far-off throne room, Tzeentch, the Changer of Ways, laughed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm ok im pretty sure if your lord has the mark tzeentch you cant have any other mark in the army besides undivided. because your lord has the mark of Tzeentch im sure you cant take Havocs either so your very very cheesy beardy idea of having so many heavy weapons is ruined. if your gonna continue being a beard than your lord must have the mark of chaos undivided.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

"I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

*cough*CHEESE*couch*
    Legal, but ask yourself this: yould you like to play against such an army yourself??
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I have a beard.
    No, I don&#39;t accept the existance of cheese (other than as a term used by the weak to describe the clever).
    Yes, it is legal.
    Since I don&#39;t accept the existance of cheese, I have no objection to playing against armies considered by some &#39;cheesy&#39;, these are often the most challenging and therefore enjoyable armies to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Challenging to play against, yes. Maybe you don&#39;t use the term cheese, but heard of powergamers? Those who make a list with the sole intent of raping the rules in order to win?
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am unaware of anyone who does not play to win. Power gaming is only a problem if the people you are playing against are not also power gamers. I have met very few people who do not adjust their army list in order to win, that is part of the game.

Raping the rules? Do you think that when GW wrote a rule that allows you to promote Heavy Support units to elite they didn&#39;t realise that this would allow you to have more than 3 Heavy Support units? The last time I spoke to Pete Haines he could definitely count to 6&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

theres nothing clever about being cheesy, any one can do it. and do you actually think anyone is gonna wanna play against you if you use an army like that?
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen&#33;

&quot;I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman.&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"theres nothing clever about being cheesy"

Interesting opinion. What is your definition of cheesy?

"do you actually think anyone is gonna wanna play against you if you use an army like that?"

Yes. Do you refuse to play opponents because you don&#39;t like the way they have set up their army?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a couple of thoughts on the actual army list:

1. Instead of giving the one Elite Havoc Squad Missile Launchers, you might want to consider Blastmasters. They&#39;re the same cost, but they allow your Havocs to be a bit more flexible in terms of movement. Plus, they&#39;re very characterful for Slaanesh.

2. Since your "rank and file" are mostly Slaanesh, I would suggest throwing a Warp Amp and Blasphemous Rune on your Dreadnought. This will make him more effective in close combat, at least against any non-fearless armies you may fight.

3. I can hardly imagine that those Terminators are ever going to pay for themselves in terms of killing their own point cost. I think you would be better off taking another Havoc squad and maybe another standard CSM squad as well - they won&#39;t be such tempting targets that way. If you want to keep Termies in your army, then put in a Land Raider to make them more mobile at least.

Nice fluff for your army, BTW. And don&#39;t mind the guys complaining about "cheese" or "beardiness". This army can be countered very effectively in a number of different ways, if you know what you&#39;re doing. The only "cheese" in 40k are a couple of units that have abilities that can&#39;t be countered - this army contains none of those.

Good work&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Yes, I agree about the Blastmaster for Missile swap, but I don&#39;t have the models for it and I quite like my missile havoc models.

2. Again, I agree. The army is tuned for Tyranids at the moment, who hardly ever need to make morale checks.

3. I shall monitor this over the next couple of battles.

Thanks.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast