1500 Pt Necron List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hailz all.

After getting wonderful adivce on my Alaitoc list I've decided to post my new Necron list. Its fast, has lots of numbers and here it is.

Necron Lord @ 200 Pts
    Viel of Darkness
    Resurection Orb

10 Immortals @ 280 Pts
    Gauss Blasters

10 Warriors @ 180 Pts
    Gauss Flayers

10 Warriors @ 180 Pts
    Gauss Flayers

10 Warriors @ 180 Pts
    Gauss Flayers

10 Scarab Swarms @ 160 Pts
    Disruption Field

Disruption Field

Disruption Field

Well, what do you think? Not many people will suspect the Necrons of all armies to out number them. Plus, my scarabs can take out tanks thanks to the Disruption Field.

Any suggestions?

Please do not post that this list 'sucks' or other similar things. I have come here for advice. And please do not tell me to drop the Scarabs either and get a Destroyer Heavy army. I have thought of that and decided that it is not my style. I like originality.

Thrawn

- semper fi -

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the Army. The speed of the Scarabs is awesome and with 3 wounds each they generally have a good survivability. Just keep away from the ordinance. You shoudl be able to Infitrate on some missions with them allowing you to get them close to enemy tanks which is helpful also. The phase out is good. I believe its around 10 which isnt too bad.

Let us all know how well you do the next time yu play this army.

I do have one question. Where in the world did you get enough scarabs for 30 swarms. Thats amazing! :o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a pretty badass list there Thrawn. Love the numbers you have in your Scarab swarms!! That will overrun most infantry units in about 2 turns!! Pretty damn good. I also must find out how you got so many scarabs!! I mean, 30 swarm bases, that's a hella lot!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the compliments.

My main defense agaisnt ordanance will be the Immortal squad that goes with the Lord who has a Viel of Darkness.

I plan to get all the Scarab swarms by a number of means...

a ) friends who have stopped playing the game.
    b ) buying them off of friends/gaming partners who still play 40k.
    c ) surfing various internet sites, ie: ebay.
    d ) ordering warriors spruces. This is the most expensive unfortunatly.

I plan on to proxie some models and play a Marine and Tau army this weekend, I'll report how I do.

Thrawn

- semper fi -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Interesting and unusual.

I realy dont like many scarabs normally, they are generally unimpressive for the points and only really of use to tie units down.

In these sorts of number though you can tie up huge amounts of armies and pick and choose battles for the rest of your force.

I know it goes against what you are doing, but I would still like to see a wraith squad in there, largely because of the number of scarabs gives you the unmittigated oportunity to remove any risk of the wraiths getting charged and allow you to really go for that charge
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, as for the whole scarab thing, they are pretty damn good if you think about it.... Now for the whole base thing, if you have any extras let me know!! Would be EXTREMELY glad to take them off your hands.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice list, but you shouldn't fight it against grey knights..

their minimum strength is 6, so only instantkills for your scarabs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like youe list a lot thrawn, and did you come from the {Ads-Protection}/40k.ca boards? I wanted to make a somewhat similar army, but warriors heavy. Heres my 1500 pointer:
    HQ
    1 Destroyer Lord
    Warscythe
    Veil of Darkness
    Total : 200
    1 Lord
    Resurrection Orb
    Phase Shifter
    Phylactery
    Total : 185
    HQ Total : 385
    Elites
    10 Flayed Ones (180)
    Elites Total : 180
    Troops
    12 Warriors (216)
    12 Warriors (216)
    12 Warriors (216)
    Troops Total : 648
    Fast Attack
    4 Scarab Swarms (4
    Fast Attack Total : 108
    Heavy Support
    1 Monolith (235)
    Heavy Support Total : 235
    Models in Army : 52
    Necrons : 48
    Phase Out at : 12
    Total Points : 1496
    The destroyer lord deepstrikes with the flayed ones. The Lord starts tackling suits, while the flayed ones either help him or slice up the fire warriors squads. The warriors advance with a scarab screen, which are ENTIRELY disposable, so that the warriors can get into range and unleash a crapload of Gauss fire. The regular lord stays back, and as you can see is build to not go down, but if he does, get right back up. He helps the warriors get up from the Tau firepower that will inevitably thin their numbers. The monolith I'm not sure what to do with yet. I want it to stay back and help the warriors, but i also want it to deepstrike and flux arc every Tau unit around it and then Particle whip the suits, followed by the deepstriking of a warrior squad.

The only problem I had was lack of tankbusting fire. My Tau friend tends to use a long of hammerheads and other vehicles, and i know gauss fire can damage vehicles, but i was looking for something a bit more reliable. I might just buy more warriors to see what happens. Good luck with your list!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About adding the wraith squad... Yep I agree. the scarabs providing an almost seemingly steel curtain for charges on your wraiths... then as soon as your scarabs get into CC charge with your wraiths... 4 S6 I6 Attacks. You can't beat that.

with the steel curtain hist troops won't be able to fire at your warriors... and then they can lay down fire on those you don't get into CC.

Nice.

PS I remember seeing a list that had a similiar set up with his scarabs... he also had some tomb spyders, 9 as a matter of fact. so he had his 30 scarabs... and then each turn the tomb spyders spitting out 9 more. Just something to think about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I am from EO and 40k.ca. I'm actually a moderator there. :: grin ::

Some different views that are need here however.

I will most likely add 3 or so tomb spyders plus extra warriors to stick with the 'repair man' theme.

Grey Knight I am worried about however. But every army has a weakness, and since there is no Grey Knight players in my area, I'm not to worried :: smile ::

Thrawn

- semper fi -

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast