My First Necron Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello =o)

I'm pretty new to the Warhammer 40K stuff, got dragged to a local gaming club by a friend and thought it seemed interesting and fun. I eventually decided to play Necrons (almost went with Tau due to their cool look) since those were the two least played races at the club.

Anyway, due to my limited student economy, I went with getting a 1700 point (standard here, it seems) army for as little cash as possible. The one here cost me £138 . I was just wondering if you guys had any opinions. I know for instance the Nightbringer isn't all that liked on these forums from what i've read, but he's way cheap pointwise per pound.

When my economy allows, I'll diversify and hopefully get some more neat stuff for it. Both Immortals and Tomb Spyders seem really interesting. And that scary Monolith thing is pretty imposing!

1 The Nightbringer (HQ) @ 360 Pts <

1 Necron Lord (HQ) @ 150 Pts
    Staff of Light
    Resurrection Orb
    Chronometron

11 Warriors (Troops) @ 198 Pts

11 Warriors (Troops) @ 198 Pts

10 Warriors (Troops) @ 180 Pts

4 Destroyers (Fast Attack) @ 200 Pts

3 Wraiths (Fast Attack) @ 123 Pts

8 Scarabs (Fast Attack) @ 96 Pts

3 Heavy Destroyers (Heavy Support) @ 195 Pts

Necrons: 43

Phase Out at: 10

Models in Army: 52

Total Army Cost: 1700

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you lay hand to some more cash, out with the Night bringer, in with the Monolith. But thats &#39;cos I dont like the C&#39;tan much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the Monolith is definitely an alternative instead of the C&#39;tan, and cheaper pointswise too. I like the look of it, towering over the battlefield. pity it is so expensive. :unsure:

::update:: actually.. for a tad over 200 points, it isn&#39;t that bad at all.. seems it and i have a date next month..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, out with Nightbringer. for 360 points you could counter the Necrons greatest weakness, phase out. 360 points equals 20 warriors... or that monolith you were talking about and some immortals. The Ctan just doesn&#39;t seem feasible in an army less than 2500. Plus, fluff wise, Ctan = god&#39;s, Do you think a god would travel around with a small little army.

Another note about the Ctan, over here, near my club, people won&#39;t play against necrons if they have a Ctan. Now I don&#39;t agree with this but still the point is to play the game.

Good luck with building your army and may the battles go well. Good on you for choosing necrons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The other point against a C&#39;tan is that against a fire power heavy army it becomes a slow moving bullet magnet, but I&#39;m belabouring my point.Another thought I had was when the army grows get more Destroyers and a Tomb Spyder this will help keep your fire support alive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm..

well, for 360 points..

The monolith is 235 points.. Hmm... 8|

I could get 2 Tomb Spyders for another 110 points, and then maybe get some differt EQ for my lord with the extra stuff.. It might work..

Something to get next month, or possibly with some christmas cash..

Final question then (and thanks a lot for your opinions), should i get my two tomb spyders with or without particle projectors? Losing an extra attack is sorta bad, but 3 ap 3 attacks per spyder is pretty rockin&#39;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my first army was gonna be nercrons due to their coolness and stuff like that but me and m8s deided to all collect a SM chapter and battle

me=B.T
    mate1=D.A
    mate2=S.W
    mate3=U.M

mate3 has been playing for 4 years me and m78s 1+2 have just begun any B.T collectors pm me with use full tips tyvm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks fairly good to me but i agree you need more wariors and no c&#39;tan yet
    It is quite flexible but if you come across a terminator squad they could quickly get you down to your phase out level.

Instead of c&#39;tan i would take another lord with as many immortals as points and cash allow.

Monoliths cause damage are hard to destroy and draw fire

Closed Thread