Imperial Guard, Finished Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that all my Guard models are painted, I want to make a master army list. So here goes. Any comments, fixes, etc. are welcomed and requested. I would also appreciate any mistakes in point costs to be pointed out.

Regimental Doctrines: Sharpshooters, Grenadiers, Ogryns, Special Weapon Squads, Carapace Armor.

HQ:

Command Platoon (Command Section and 2 Special Weapon Teams)

Command Section: Led by Herioc Senior Officer. Power Fist, Plasma Pistol, All Guardsmen have Laspistol/CCW. Flamer, Veteran Medic. Sharpshooters, Carapace Armor. (147) Advised by Comissar. Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon. (55)

Special Weapon Team: 3 Sniper Rifles. Sharpshooters. (75)

Special Weapon Team: 2 Meltaguns, Demolision Charge. Sharpshooters. (71)

Ursarkar Creed and Jarren Kell (125)

Elites:

Ogryn Squad. 4 Ogryns and one Bone 'ead. (135)

Troops:

Infantry Platoon: Command Section and 2 Squads.

Command Section. Honorifica Imperialis. Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol. Trademark Item (Revolver). All Guardsmen have Laspistol/CCW. Flamer. Sharpshooters, Carapace Armor. (126) Advised by Comissar. Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon. (46)

Infantry Squad: Led by Veteran Sergeant. Bolt Pistol, Autocannon, Grenade Launcher. Sharpshooters, Carapace Armor. (120)

Infantry Squad: Led by Veteran Sergeant. Bolt Pistol, Autocannon, Grenade Launcher. Sharpshooters Carapace Armor. (120)

Armored Fist: Infantry Squad and Chimera. Lascannon. Sharpshooters, Carapace Armor. Turret Multi-Laser, Hull Heavy Bolter. (200)

Grenadier Squad. 10 Stormtroopers. Grenade Launcher, Plasma Gun. (11

Fast Attack:

Sentinel: Lascannon, Hunter Killer Missile. (65)

Sentinel: Lascannon, Hunter Killer Missile. (65)

Sentinel: Autocannon, Hunter Killer Missile. (60)

Heavy Support:

Leman Russ Battle Tank. Hull Lascannon, Sponson Heavy Bolters. (165)

Leman Russ Demolisher. Hull Lascannon, Sponson Plasma Cannons. (185)

Basilisk. Idirect Fire. (125)

Total: 2003

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks a bit small for a 2000pts guard army and uses the typical guard style of shoot which i find annoying as no strategy is invloved. I hardly call choosing the most dangerous unit on the board and firing cannons at it strategic but that is just my opinion.
    Jarran kell is quite useless out of combat really (or it is a waste of a lot of his points and i think if he is the only one charging forward he wont get too far.

Why have a squad in a chimera with a lascannon. You are wasting the lascannon.
    Drop the chimera or the lasc.

It could potentially be robbed of its main power on turn one.
    Loads of heavy weapons fire at the tanks.
    Enough standard shots destroy the sentinels and your a bit stuck.

Have a look at my guard list.
    It is a bit extreme but i like it. Try a mix between mine and yours and it should be good.

Then you can hold off against any assaults for a bit and still have the firepower which 99.9% of guard armies have.

With faith in the emperor we will never fail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I threw Creed and Kell in there because if I spent 7 hours painting the two of them, I'll use them. And when people ask you painted Kell, I can proudly say it was me who spent 4 hours painting the flag.

I put the Las. in the Chimera because most people don't expect it. Alot of people seem to ignore the fact that the hatch can be opened for a heavy weapon.

And why would I fear of all my tanks being killed? The only army that could bring down that many tanks in one turn would be an Eldar force completely focused on Bright Lances. And that woulnd't stop troops well. Which brings me to the next point...

I think I'm going to add another platoon, one designed for movement rather than standing and shooting. Meltaguns instead of Autocannons. Then I'll drop the Carapace Armor doctrine so I can try to keep it at 2000 points. That will probably work better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Special Weapon Team: 3 Sniper Rifles. Sharpshooters."

Sharpshooters does not work with a sniper rifle

Youe army is quite small for that many points though i think you will do OK with it.
    IG since '95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Hey Liek. You don't have to use Creed and Kell AS Creed and Kell. Iff'n you want you can just call them your Heroic Senior Officer and the Standard Bearer. This is what I do in my army. I use Colonel Straken as the HSO for my army just cause I like the way he looks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Reavered@Nov 9 2003, 23:16
    "Special Weapon Team: 3 Sniper Rifles. Sharpshooters."

Sharpshooters does not work with a sniper rifle
    Yeah, I know, but I think every squad must have the upgrade in order to take the Doctrine. It also adds flavor to the army.

Closed Thread