Saim Hann Army Up For Inspection - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres the new army i plan on buying here in the next month. any comments or suggestion are welcome. also I have never seen if the wave serpents models made from falcons can block LOS for three vypers if anybody has these models please tell me since on of the major strategies in this army is to use the wave serpents as moving cover.

farseer = 205
    guide
    runes of witnessing
    ghost helm
    -------------------------------------
    wave serpent = 125
    t/l bright lances
    ghost helm
    wave serpent = 125
    t/l bright lances
    t/l bright lances
    t/l shuriken catapults
    t/l shuriken catapults

so heres how it should work. the dark reapers start out disembarked from the wave serpent and at a commanding point of the battle field. the two far seers start inside the wave serpents and making a wall with the dark reapers wave serpent. the advance with the starcannon and missile launcher vypers taking cover behind them. the other two units fo vypers speed up the flanks possible taking pot shots at the enemy on the way. the wall of wave serpents takes out as many tanks and vehicles as they can untill the crash and burn. then use the burned out hulks as cover for the advancing vypers. well there ya go. and another thing why do most tournaments use such an odd number like 1850 for point total?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Deathwishjoe@Nov 7 2003, 217
    Heres the new army i plan on buying here in the next month. any comments or suggestion are welcome. also I have never seen if the wave serpents models made from falcons can block LOS for three vypers if anybody has these models please tell me since on of the major strategies in this army is to use the wave serpents as moving cover.

farseer = 205
    guide
    runes of witnessing
    ghost helm
    wave serpent = 125
    t/l bright lances
    ghost helm
    wave serpent = 125
    t/l bright lances
    t/l bright lances
    t/l shuriken catapults
    t/l shuriken catapults

so heres how it should work. the dark reapers start out disembarked from the wave serpent and at a commanding point of the battle field. the two far seers start inside the wave serpents and making a wall with the dark reapers wave serpent. the advance with the starcannon and missile launcher vypers taking cover behind them. the other two units fo vypers speed up the flanks possible taking pot shots at the enemy on the way. the wall of wave serpents takes out as many tanks and vehicles as they can untill the crash and burn. then use the burned out hulks as cover for the advancing vypers. well there ya go. and another thing why do most tournaments use such an odd number like 1850 for point total?
    you have no core units , with saim hann you get 6 fast attack units , but you still have to fill in 2 core units , I'd use rangers , 2 small units.
    should be a stunning army on the field however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saim Hann use their funny force organization chart for any battle and the Compulsory units for any battle are one HQ and two fast attack. Where as most armys have the one HQ and two troops. troops are no longer a requirement for Saim_hann. but thanks for the advice. I appreciate it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless you're going against psyker armies, those ghosthelms aren't really neccesary...if you can knock off another 18 pts, you can have a dark reaper exarch with an eldar missile launcher. Another 10 will give you fast shot...that's...potent.
    OMFG1337!!!!111one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks InUoTaBeRu ill take that into consideration. i honestly only put the ghost helms on to fill up some points. while I have forgotten what the ghost helms do (Im at work right now need to be at home to look at codex) i do remember being pleased with the wargear i gave the farseers by accedent to fill up the points. I will definatly consider the dark reaper exarch as a missile launcher with rapid fire is very scary and will make me even more effective against the horde armies.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

listen InUoTaBeRu, ghosthelms have nothignt o do with anti psyker. they keep his psyker alive. and halve ws of deamons.

and u dont need troops in saim hann.

joe, i like the list alot. also i love yur strategy but remember that it isnt always a kill fest so your strrat wont always work.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

salamander that is a very good point. and for like the bunker missions where i need to capture and control bunkers with only a total of three possible bunkers i can control (with only three infantry the two farseers and the dark reaper squad) I could be looking for a serious beatin (hard but i could still concevably win) on that kind of match.

but most games require laying down a beating and/or moving quickly to control table quarters in which case i should be fine on those types of matches. the insaine speed of the army plus the nice strategy for the beating part should get me through most matches.

Any other types of matches people can think of where the lack of infantry will hamper me? I cant think of too many at the moment but its like 4 in the morning so im not running on all four cylinders.

Oh, and InUoTaBeRu, I looked into it more and if I make a version fo this army with a 2000 pt list Ill definatly add a dark reaper exarch but as it is I dont think I can find that many points and still keep the balance I was trying to find.

Also, I could use some more constructive criticism. this is my first army list and I&#39;m afraid I might be making some newbie mistakes. has any one out there played an army like this with the speed... and the shooty... and the stuff.... how did it fare... what to look out for... *falls asleep*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

How about posting in the right forum?
    *Kicks to army lists.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry &#39;bout that bornin wont happen again. I am still new to this forum and the general Army forum looked to be as good a place as any.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shashoooom. yer fleet will be excellent for any mission where you attack, my congratulations. yer fleet is gunna be fast even for saim hann. but maybe too fast? lets say your doing a defend scenario. wut the hell will u do then? make your vypers stationary? try to flank them? no, that wont work at all. next i would drop the farseers and wave serpents and get sum wild riders and the wild rider chief and a third vyper to that vyper squad that only has 2. but aside from that a very nice fleet.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast