Counts as - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Counts as

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Counts as

Ok so I want to start a Counts as army but im not sure where to start so anyone who has already done this if you could tell me how and about your army let me know ,id love to here about it.

The great devourer will not stop untill all has been consumed !!!!!! Is it lunch time yet?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

I'm not really sure where what you mean with "Counts as" army, do you refer to an army where the models have been replaced/heavily converted but not the rules?
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

I'm guessing he means an army that uses different models then originally intended. Like, for example, a Human Auxiliery army that used Tau rules and Imperial Guard minis, or somesuch. Or a reborn Squat army using Guard rules and Fantasy Dwarf minis.

Anyways, use your imagination. 'Counts As' armies are often a pain in the butt to deal with, unless they're REALLY converted. They are, however, totally legal, as long as you're using GW rules and minis.
    Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me.

Member of the Canadian Clan, eh.
    Mech Tau Cadre: 2000 points, needs paint and magnets.
    Paladins of Avalon (SW):-1500 points, needs paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks i guess i should have been clearer but yeah that is kinda what i was talking about .I do still have one question is there any objection to using different army squads in the same army ex.(an army consistng of tau ,chaos,ork,nids,de,etc...)sort of like a galactic rebellion army .rebels from each race that have just gotten sick of things and want to change them. This was going to be my idea for my next army but I was told it would only be legal with my opponents permission so I was wondering if any one would have an objection to playing an army like that.
    The great devourer will not stop untill all has been consumed !!!!!! Is it lunch time yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

129 (x8)

If you basically plan to include the best parts of every army into one big über army, then yes i do have a problem with that. Also, it would be very very unfluffy. If you want part armies legal, you can use Witch hunters with imperial guard allies or Lost and The Damned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no im not talking about just one bg uber army i mean a well balanced force chart abideing ligit army that would be a challenge to play aganst or for but in the nd would be fun .as far as the fluff goes i already have that worked out sort of ,besides i wasnt really all that concerened with it the fluff could be completel the owners to mak as he sees fit
    kinda like creating your own hive fleet or your own space marine chapter. I havent worked out an army list but i wanted to through the ida out and see what people thought of the challenge ,,,,gess i got my answer !the list might be something like a unit of marines a unit of firewarriors (troops) and mybe a hq council of lesser hq choices from the respective codexs. wasnt sure I figured that with as much war and rebbelion as there is in the fluff some of the units had to stand up and question there orders this would be there story...
    repented chaos ,tau tired of the greater good ,nids loking for a home , imperial and marines sick of imperial rule, orks looking for a reason ,eldar looking for a new home ,the only one that i cant find a reason t rebel is the necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

There are some serious fluff issues you'd have to work out before I could see it working.

For example:
    Tyranids have no individual intelligence (individual Tyranid organisms do not think, just act/react to stimulus or as directed by the Hive Mind). They'd have no need to look for a "home" (home is where the chewy things are).

Tau, tired of the greater good, would probably be murderous psychopaths like Shas'la Kais.

Imperial Guardsmen is understandable... they do rebel from time to time; but very few could ever tolerate working with Xenos (due to the way the Imperium brainwashes its subjects).

Space Marines, on the other hand, are very unlikely to rebel in the sense you mean. You'd bascially need a whole chapter to go rouge... and then you'd just have a rogue Space Marine army.

Orks aren't programmed to need a reason... bashin' humies is da fun part! Workin' wif 'em don't sound like anyfin one o' da Boyz would do.

The Eldar have homes (the Craftworlds), and protect them at all costs. To actually live on a planet, fixed in the Warp, would actually make them even more vulnerable and extinction-prone than they are already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all of this is true but the question is if it were a fair came not one loaded with monsters and deamons and brodsides, an actual fair fight does the ideal of fighting an army of that nature sound like something you would be intrested in , or is it just me.personnaly i would rather fight it then play it weither it made sense or not sometimes just a good fight is all im looking for. as far as playing them it would get real confusing so rather then bash on the idea can someone tell me something constrctive like maybe somethings OTHER THEN FLUFF i should keep in mind to make it fair and fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

129 (x8)

I see what you mean. But there's more trouble, each army is designed to function with the rest of the army list. Also they have special rules and such. Besides, you have to play against people who accept to play against your army since it won't be officially legal. If you have a band of friends playing this might be less a problem, but if you play at local GW it will be harsh. Consider using the allies-rules, i don't know how they work really but it is basically to include a squad or two from another army in your own. Remember that you can have kroot allies in most armies too.
    Or you could do something in between, an illegal theme army to use against your friends and additional units you can use to make it legal at GW. Just ask the staff or someone at the forum here and they'll help you. I can't since i don't know the details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finaly were getting some where .Iwasnt to concerened about GW tournaments because most of those run around story llines it was mostly for friend and any one else that would be up to playing it or against it .As for the special rules I wasnt sure if I was going to use them <to keep it fair. I thought maybe i would use just unit options ,If I were to use special rule I would probly use lost and dammed as they dont have to much and its the only oter army llist to be close to what I want to do thanks for the advice and keep it coming .maybe with help like this ill have this crazy Ideal worked out in no time. Do you think i should inclde kroot I hadnt thought of them because they mostly work for Tau up untill Chapter approved bu I dont know

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast