Space Marines Assault Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres what ive got so far. i hope you all give helpful advice and i get a really nice, effective army. thanks for all your tips in advance. the army is 1500 pt army by the way and i can reduce it to 1000 pts if needed to fight someone...

HQ: 1. Chaplain with Terminator armor. Will accompany the Terminator Assault squad (i think that its possible...). 100 pts

ELITES: 1. 2 Lightning Claw Terminators, 2 Thunder Hammer / Lightning Shields Terminators, 4 Terminators with Storm Bolters with Power Fists, 1 Terminator Captain with a Storm Bolter and Power Sword. Will be accompanied by the Chaplain (i think that its possible...). 378 pts
    2. Dreadnought with heavy flamer, lascannon and smoke launchers. 138 pts
    3. Culexus Assassin 50 pts

TROOPS: 1. Vet. Sergeant with bolt pistol and chainsword, 1 space marine with a flamer, 1 space marine with a meltagun, 7 space marines with bolters. 181 pts
    2. Vet. Sergeant with bolt pistol and chainsword, 1 space marine with a flamer, 1 space marine with a meltagun, 7 space marines with bolters. 181 pts

FAST ATTACK: 1. Sergeant with plasma pistol, 9 marines. all equipped with krak and melta grenades. 315 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT: 1. Predator Annihalator with Heavy Bolters, Lascannons, and smoke launchers 158 pts

TOTAL ARMY POINTS: 1501! Also, what Chapter could this army fit in? I didn't take time making Chapter details and thoughts...IF YOU KNOW WHAT CHAPTER THIS ARMY COULD FIT IN (IF ANY) PLEASE TELL ME!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, make at least 3-4 squads of regular space marines. good lord people dont underestimate the power of a regular space marine here. Also seperate this list into a 1000 point list and a 1500 point list, people can give better advice if we know what you you are talking about

[QUOTE]2. Dreadnought with assault cannon, heavy flamer, multimelta and smoke launchers. 158 pts

what is that? assault cannon or multimelta?
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry bout that. the dreadnought should read with no assault cannon, i decided to change to multi melta but forgot to get rid of the cannon. with the extra 30 pts ill make both of the space marine squads' sergeant a vet. sergeant. ive edited the list as you can see. secondly, for the 1000 pt army i plan on dropping the thunder hammer termies and 2 of the basic termies, dropping the predator annihilator, dropping the dreadnought, and dropping each tactical squads meltagun. now the army is at 1002 instead of 1501. i would also like to add that yes, space marines tactical squads are incredible, but there is no room for any more in this assault army. hint the "assault"? i need the heavy support to allow my assault men to move up, i need the fast attack to assault (duh) along with my elites (not dreadnought). i need the troops to back up the assault and move into assault if necessary. and u know that i need my chaplain to fight with my termies and destroy the enemy in the name of the Emperor (unless im playing eldar, in which case i too will play eldar, for an eldar loss and space marine victory is unacceptable, for we are an ancient race on the edge of extinction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well jump pack marines can deepstrike, so i assume thats why you are getting them. for the love of god, give your assalt sgt a power weapon! Its so useful in the front lines, or a power fist if you want.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure thats jump pack marines? i thought it was terminators that could deepstrike. jump pack marines would be very nice too, but i didnt think they could. here was my original plan: keep terminators in reserve until needed. Harass enemy with jump pack troops and tactical squads while shooting down dangerous enemies with heavy support and maybe bringing my dreadnought into close combat to take down any big enemies (wraithlord, demon, so on, so forth...). Then once I've got the enemy in the perfect spot i want (with some careful hit and run tactics with my assault squad) i send in my terminators with deep strike and destroy the pitiful opponent with the awesome power of the Space Marines! For the Emperor! Or the Eldar...which ever one comes first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want sheer ass kicking power the dread is the way to go, also if you want to bring an assassin, those can always tip the scales in your favor and can provide a little diversion while your troops deepstrike. Jump pack troops can deepstrike, check the entry in the wargear section. youll still need to have more space marines tac squads. Be sure to keep in mind that if things get bad, be prepared to fall back. Also take out the pred annhilator and put in a destructor with hvy bolter or lascannon sponsions, you save about 25 points that way and can still take down large creatures with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya shud put in another chaplain this time with a jump pack so he can go with ur assult squad

terminator honours,bolt pistol, artificer armour(with the stuff that he already comes with)-only 106pts
    <span style='color:red'>-=Read the sigrules=-</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah that thought occured to me...but what would i get rid of? i dont have anything to drop without the army becoming useless and not being able to assault, everything i have plays a key role in the army and would be nothing without it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey dead monkeys cry wouldnt the chaplain also need a jump pack to go with the assault squad (unless they dont have their packs) maybe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice to see a slipknot fan heretik, and if thats them killing fred durst just even better, u have a great taste in music my friend

Closed Thread