Ork 2000pt Horde Plz Review - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey guys, plz give me any tips, tactics or just general help
    thx

HQ

Warboss Obould Many-Slugga
    -Mega Armour
    -Mega Boosta
    -Cybork Body
    -Big Horns

Nob Bodyguard
    -5 Nobz
    -Mega Armour x5
    -Mega Boosta x5
    -Cybork Body x5

ELITE

Stormboyz Mob 1
    -9 Stormboyz
    -Tankbusta Bombz x9
    -1 Nob
    -P. Claw & Slugga
    -Tankbusta Bombz x1

Stormboyz Mob 2
    -9 Stormboyz
    -Tankbusta Bombz x9
    -1 Nob
    -P. Claw & Slugga
    -Tankbusta Bombz x1

TROOPS

Tankbustas
    -9 Tankbustas
    -Tank & Frag bombz
    -Choppas and Sluggas x6
    -Rokkit Launchas x3
    -1 Nob
    -Choppa and R. Launcha
    -3 Ammo Runts

Slugga Boyz Mob 1
    -15 boyz
    -1 Nob w/ Choppa and Slugga

Slugga Boyz Mob 2
    -15 boyz
    -1 Nob w/ Choppa and Slugga

Shoota Boyz Mob 1
    -15 boyz
    -Shootas x12
    -B. Shootas x3
    -1 Nob w/ B. Shoota

Shoota Boyz Mob 2
    -15 boyz
    -Shootas x12
    -B. Shootas x3
    -1 Nob w/ B. Shoota

FAST ATTACK

Warbikes
    -5 Warbikes

HEAVY SUPPORT

Killer Kans
    -3 Killer Kans
    -DCC Weapon and Rokkit Launchas x3

1993pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, TheWarpGuy..

That look likes a solid Ork army with a nice amount of Boyz. The first suggestion I have is to switch all of your Shoota Boyz to Slugga Boyz and merge them into squads of 30. The obvious upside is you will not fail any leadership tests until you take 19 casualties (Mob size check). Also, I doubt you will do much shooting with them as your whole army is basically close combat oriented (cant shoot at squads in hand to hand) and they only hit on a 5+. The downsides are that they are less maneuverable and you will have less Mobz to take objectives with.

Secondly, you have no gretchin to shield your Orks. The Gretchins ability to soak up fire should not be underestimated. Unless you are counting on a huge amount of cover you really should add some gretchin to the list so that your Orks are more protected. I know that your bikes give a comparable save, but, your bikes will be sliced up by sniper rifles and heavy weapons in the first turn if your opponent is smart.

You have an enormous amount of Stormboyz! You might want to change one of the
    squads out for 'Ard Boyz as they are more durable, or Skarboyz because they are so effective in hand to hand. If you do use Stormboyz my advise is to try sneak them up around the flank or within your army and only spring out when your in range. I can almost guarantee they will be killed quickly if you charge them directly to the enemy lines, which will cost you 300+ points.

Do not forget to spend your extra 7 points and good luck
    IG since '95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks good to me but against high toughness opponents you may encounter some problems to solve this i would give your nobs power claws choppas and sluggas.
    You already have loads of attacks so some power is needed.
    Consider changing some shoota boyz to slugga boyz instead as 30 Bs2 shots would probbaly get about 3 kills a tirn but more sluggas in combat would do loads of damage.
    Just keep 1 unit of shootas to support fire and for other units to mob up with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You lack mobility. Your Warboss and bodyguard are in desperate need of speed. Give them a Trukk. They won't be able to smack the crap out of anything with thier mage armor without a way to get to the target.

Your Boyz will get chewed up from afar by gun fire. I play Speed Freekz and do not fear any guns. A Mekboy's Kustom Force Field mounted on a trukk fixes everything. Having all your Boyz mounted on hull-down vehicles keeps them alove long enough to kill something.

Long story short, play Speed Freekz. The defense and speed provided by Ork Trukks is enough reason.

Closed Thread