The Best Assassin?! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is the best assassin?

My personal all around opinion is the Vindicare. Here's why:
    1. All the assassins are incredible, but still, even if they sucked, people would still focus fire on them because they are a "special" character. The close combat assassins, even with close combat weapons and infiltrators (unless we're talking about the Culexus assassin, see below), are still not going to last a long time. Therefore an assassin that doesn't have to rely on close combat will survive longer and probably be more effective.
    2. The marksman ability combined with a sniper rifle with AP 2 is an excellent combination. The ability to pick any unit you want and have a very high chance of killing it is incredible, taking your enemies HQs out of the picture, either because you killed it, or its scared and won't advance up the battlefield.
    3. Vindicare is a really cool name.

If you have infiltrators, the best assassin is the Culexus. Here's why:
    1. Infiltrators will let him get into close combat, which could have been hard to do.
    2. This is a meltagun we're talking about, that's reason enough.
    3. It's mind melting aura is devastating, how do you attack something that you can't attack? It takes down any unit within 12 inches leadership to 7 unless its already lower than that. Then they have to take a leadership test against your leadership 10, which although possible is tough.
    4. If he charges into close combat he gets 4 attacks, thats awesome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok here's my opinion.
    The Vindicare is the best assasin.
    Why?
    He can stay at a distance, blast down at anyone he feels deserves it, I do mean ANYONE.
    He can target specific models. eg. the guy with the heavy bolter.
    He has special rounds that are even more dangerous than virtually any other weapon.

Oh and he has like 4+ invul save.

For second place I would say the Everson comes in strong.
    He's the ultimate close combat maniac.
    He get's not one bonus attack when charging, but d6 (I think, maybe it ws d3?)
    Anyway.
    He carries the neuro gauntlet, if I'm not wrong that counts as a power weapon.
    And yes one more thing... he blows up IF he should die.

But hey!
    That's my opinion.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Neuro Gauntlet is a little more beefy than your standard power weapon... (besides he's already got one of those...)

The problem with comparing assassins is that they all are good, but thrive under different conditions. If I had to choose one and not know what kind of army I was facing I would probably go with the Vindicare as I belive they are the most flexible.

I think the Culexus is under-rated. This thing is a beast against Eldar and Tyranid armies. And it doesn't fare too badly against Chaos either ('specially Tzeentch&#33 I know If I was playing a Eldar army with a Seer council I'd be terrified of the damn thing...
    --Keep Disco Evil--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opionion (in order from best to worst)

Vindicare :ph34r:
    Eversor
    Callidus :w
    Culexus :a

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

~sniff~

I like the Culexus assassin, just because it reminds me of FF2...anyone remember?
    OMFG1337!!!!111one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You think that Culexus would be last and that Eversor would be second? Ach! Sure the Eversor can kill a lot in a little time, but can he stay alive? NO! He can't! He wont be able to get close to the enemy and attack them. With the Culexus, first of all you get a meltagun, secondly if he can get to assault, nothing can touch him because of his aura, so theres nothing to worry about. Plus if he charges he gets 4 attacks, and the Eversor can get 11 attacks, or maybe 6, it all depends on the roll of a dice, but what if he doesnt get to attack? hell probably get killed before he even sees action because hes an assassin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

i like the vindicare assassin. It reminds me of how a true assassin works in our society. Most assassin we know of our these snipers. So for me i like the vindicare. But i also like the others, just the vindicare looks real nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Psychotic, Soda Addicted, Level-Headed Christian Friendly, Sexy Japanese Girl of LO

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

It all depends on the mission and your opponents, but I'd say that the best all-rounder is the vindicare assassin. He's the one I chose because he can pick off any model in range. So if there's a SM vet serg soming towards your termie's *BANG!!* not anymore. Also he has the choice of special bullets, dodge save and all you have to do is put him in the highest, best protected point on the board you can and let him have his fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it depends hevily on who your playing too if i were playing a dark eldar army with shawdow feilds and shuzz i would definatly take the callidus. against marines or necrons and gaurd i would take the vinicare. against eldar or chaos i would take the culluxes and aginst tau, orks, or tyranids i would probly take eversor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude if u wanted to take out dark eldar with shadow fields..... use a psy cannon

str 6 for insta kill
    ap4 for mostly no armorsaves
    no INV saves for the shadow fields.......

my opinion...

1: callidus
    2: eversor
    3: vindicare
    4: culexus

Callidus rules cuz u know u shes always gonna get a chance to kill somthing..... and she can get out of CC and neuro shredder them and get back in!

Eversor is just a pure mass killing machine .... and it rules against high toughness creatures *Cough*WRAITHLORD*Cough*

Vindicare is just an awsome sniper.... but it can only kill 6 models or less in a six turn game......... but use it right and its ok

culexus just doesnt have its oppurtunities.... but i love the psk killer rules
    MY ADVICE?
    GREY KNIGHTS RULE!

Armies:

Raven Guard
    Daemonhunters

Bretonnians

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast