Help With 750pts Ultwhe Army. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi to you all.

Im having trouble deciding what to take in my 750p army, what would you suggest?
    It will be facing an IG army, a Ultra Marines army, a chaos army, and maybe another army(hes having trouble deciding what to play...)

My biggest problem is the Seer Council, its very expensive for such a small army.

And i remember getting shot too pieces the last time we played, their 24" range did the job(maybe we didnt have enough buildings and stuff on the table...).

Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put starcannons in your gaurdian defenders.Play a seer council with basic close combat weapons and shurikan pistols give 1 farseer guide and the other fortune and give 1 warlock conceal and field a squad of dark reapers.(The council will reroll 5+ cover saves and 4+ rune saves while guiding the dark reapers)

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too bad only get 1 save. either cover or inv, not both so no point in conceal.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You DO know that your can use just CCWs instead of witch blades and singing spears, right? That helps some...don&#39;t deck the seer council out too much. Warlocks can choose to not have any psychic power at all, just soak up hits. It&#39;ll help lower the points. I think they can at least...
    OMFG1337&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;111one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When fighting a shooty army which i suspect ig will be it is pointless to try and outshoot them because you will fail. Fast units are probably the best.
    Some jetbikes could come fly in and take out the enemy heavy weapons or at least tie theem up for a turn.
    Vypers are too weak against shooty army but a wraithlord with T8 should do well.
    Take a bit of shooting support template weapons would be good if they are available.
    Against marines farseers with mind war could kill expensive models and Ap2, 3 and power weapons are good but that is obvious.
    Chaos im not really sure but a balanced force would be good.
    I would say something like this.
    Remember i dont have the codex so it might not add up quite right.

Farseerx2 Mindwar
    3 Warlocks with destructor

10 Black guardians
    10 Guardians

5 Guardians
    (appropriare support weapon) x2

5 Banshees or scorpions
    If there are points to spare choose an avatar, jetbikes or more guardians

Hope that helped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice, i´ll start looking into the seer council bit, maybe i can skip the withblades/singingspears and use them as CCW instead, and maybe get some spells and shuriken pistols.
    That should make them not too expensive, maybe a bit above 110-120, but then there is the problem of putting them to use...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seer Council: 2 Farseers and 3 Warlocks.
    All have CCW, Shuriken Pistol. Fortune, Mindwar, Conceal, Embolden, Augment. 3 Spirit Stones.

There&#39;s mine. And yes, Conceal is VERY useful. Any anoying Daemonhunter player with Psycannons will shoot up any Seer Council without it. The 3 Spirit Stones are useful as well (3, one for each Seer and one for the Warlock with Augment.) Fortune is probably the most useful power here, with it, you can take the Seer Council into a very difficult assault and they will survive long enough to hold off the enemies best assault team. One Singing Spear would be a good idea vs. Guard to knock of tanks or vs. Marines to kill Dreadnoughts, Rhinos etc.

For the rest of the force, take a full sized Guardian Defender Squad with a good platform (Starcannon in most cases.) Sure, the 50 pt. platform is expensive, but with 16 Guardians around to soak up hits, the platform will survive. Add in some Dark Reapers to kill Marines.

Are you playing Strike Force? If so, remember the Wraithgate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here is what 750 ulthwe is all about. black guardians and seer council, banshees help a lot too. heres what army i would take. ulthwe rocks.

Hq-
    Seer council, 2 farseers with a close combat weapon and a pistol (1 with fortune and guide, another with mind war and eldritch storm), 5 warlocks with a close combat weapon and a pistol (3 with augment, 2 with enhance). 271 pts.

Troops-
    10 Black Storm Guardians (will be accompanied by warlock with enhance). 80 pts.
    10 Black Storm Guardians (will be accompanied by warlock with enhance). 80 pts.

Elites-
    Howling Banshee Exarch with an executioner and 6 Howling Banshees. 133 pts.

Heavy Support-
    5 Dark Reapers. 185 pts.

Total pts: 749

The thing about this army is its mobility. for a 750 pt army this has a good amount of firepower and speed, but not so much armor, so cover will be your best friend. plus all the squads are relatively small. move your banshees and storm guardians up the table behind cover, with your seer council staying within range to to try assist with abilities and fire and charging into assault if needed. you should be shooting dangerous things like dreadnoughts or termies or tanks and wutever. you&#39;ll win very quickly because of your incredible cc abilities.

Closed Thread