My Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: My Army List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chaos lord: mark of khorne, master crafted axe of khorne, rage of khorne, spiky bits plasma pistol, d aura, d speed, d strength, d resilience, d essence, furious charge, d mutation.

lietenant: power weapon, plasma pistol, d strength, d aura, d strength, furious charge.

7 chosen: bolt pistols, mark of khorne, khornate chain axes, furious charge
    asp champ: mark of khorne, master crafted power fist, plasma pistol, furious charge, d strength, spiky bits, d mutation.

8 csm:bolt pistols, close combat weapons, mark of chaos undivided, furious charge
    asp champ: plasma pistol, master crafted power weapon, d strength, spiky bits, mark of chaos undivided, furious charge, d mutation.

9 csm: bolt pistols, close combat weapons, mark of chaos undivided, furious charge
    asp champ: master crafted power fist, d strength, spiky bits, bolt pistol, mark of chaos undivided, furious charge, d mutation.

6 csm: bolters, mark of chaos undivided, tank hunters
    1 csm: plasma gun, mark of chaos undivided, tank hunters
    1 csm: lascannon, mark of chaos undivided, tank hunters

6 csm: bolters, mark of chaos undivided
    1 csm: heavy bolter, mark of chaos undivided
    1 csm: melta gun, mark of chaos undivided

i dont know exact pts off the top of my head (my list is not within my reach at this time) but it all adds up to about 1394 pts i have plans to expand it to 2000 pts with a defiler, predator and 8 bloodletters. so thats my list and if any one has any tips on killing tyranid monstrous creatures ill be glad to hear them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could do with a demon prince
    <span style='color:red'>-=Read the sigrules=-</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, for starters, your Chaos Lord is actually a Daemon Prince. Now for the bad news: he&#39;s also illegal. You see, you can only have a total of 100 points of "Daemonic gifts" - according to the Games Workshop FAQ, that means 100 points total of Daemonic Gifts *and* Daemon Weapons *and* anything from the Armoury of Khorne - so you have spent about 110 or so points on Daemonic Gifts. I would suggest removing Daemonic Speed and deploying him with the Chosen squad.

As for actual suggestions, here goes:

1. Remove Daemonic Strength from your Chosen Champion - since he already has a power fist, it won&#39;t do him any real good.

2. Remove Master Crafted from each of your Aspiring Champions&#39; weapons. Hell, take it off of your Lord&#39;s Axe of Khorne too. It&#39;s not necessary, and think of it this way: for every time you take master crafted, you could be taking one more CSM instead.

3. Put Aspiring Champions in all of your squads, even if you don&#39;t give them any special weapons. This will raise your squads&#39; Ld to 10, which makes them much harder to break.

4. Give each of your close combat CSM squads a Rhino - otherwise they&#39;ll be blown to bits before they get anwhere near the enemy.

5. Give your Chosen Champion the Talisman of Burning Blood - it will allow your Chosen to move faster.

Hope that helped&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my lord is legal he doesnt have over 110 ive triple checked. plus he can claim to be a daemon prince but at the moment i prefer lord.
    alot of wargear is there to take up space that list is ALL my chaos models in the meantime apart from 2 terminators which i have no need for. the players in my area use the trial vehicle rules which is why i no longer use transports. the talisman of burning blood gives the exact same odds to enter blood frenzy (i did consider using it) but what do you think about the collar of khorne thats some nasty anti-psychic stuff, im thinking about using them against an eldar army. and your input is greatly appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you really dont need those termies ill take em off ur hands for a reasonable price
    <span style='color:red'>-=Read the sigrules=-</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by arch_heretik@Nov 12 2003, 22:50
    my lord is legal he doesnt have over 110 ive triple checked. plus he can claim to be a daemon prince but at the moment i prefer lord.
    alot of wargear is there to take up space that list is ALL my chaos models in the meantime apart from 2 terminators which i have no need for. the players in my area use the trial vehicle rules which is why i no longer use transports. the talisman of burning blood gives the exact same odds to enter blood frenzy (i did consider using it) but what do you think about the collar of khorne thats some nasty anti-psychic stuff, im thinking about using them against an eldar army. and your input is greatly appreciated
    Let&#39;s do the math...

Axe of Khorne - 20 pts
    Rage of Khorne - 10 pts (this may be 5 points - I don&#39;t have the Codex with me)
    Daemonic Aura - 15 pts
    Daemonic Speed - 15 pts
    Daemonic Strength - 10 pts
    Daemonic Resilience - 10 pts
    Daemonic Essence - 15 pts
    Daemonic Mutation - 15 pts

These are all of the upgrades on your Lord that count towards the "Daemonic Gifts" points - as you can see, the total is 110 (or 105) points. Sorry dude, but he is definitely illegal.

Also, the Talisman of Burning Blood allows you to roll 2 dice instead of just 1 die for Blood Frenzy for each squad that has it - if either die is a 1 or 2 then the unit Blood Frenzies - so it actually does help your army move faster.

As for the Collar of Khorne, I don&#39;t see it as being particularly useful - not many players use offensive psyker abilities. The only times I would take it would be against either Tyranids and their Warp Blasts or against a Tzeentch Chaos Army because of Bolt of Change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry for my lengthy absence but as is stated in the chaos codex a lord can have 150 points of wargear 100 of which can be daemonic gifts the stuff from the khorne section doesnt count towards daemonic gifts unless its the glaive because its a daemon weapon so he was legal but anyway now ive got an actual daemon prince so hes changed a bit and become a cookie cutter daemon princeyou know stature glaive etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as much as i always support the taking of lots of basic troops, but if you dont have too much of a varity of units, you just mgiht loose. i would say, take a predator, or defiler, or some form of either a shooty or ordinence wepons
    Quote of the week: &quot;dude, for a whole hour, i would fall asleep&#33;&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why no beserkers?? They are devastating (I have often learnt that lesson the hard way) and should be a mainstay of a khorne army.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Wheres the beserkers?? They are a must
    2. Why no daemons
    3. heavy support you need it

Take more variety. You definately need some rhinos for those combat squads.

Just my thoughts DI
    Da Future Is Bright, Da futures Green

Ogre Kingdoms 0-0-0
    40k Chaos 5-0-1

Closed Thread