Another Guard List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After getting smacked around by an anoying shooty Eldar force, I have come to the realization that standing and shooting with everything in the Army won't always work. So with a new strategy of using Guardsmen to win assaults, I have come up with a more mobile force. The tanks are still there (my 475 pts. worth of armor will never leave my list,) to shoot out power armor and what not. I've tried to cram as many models into 1000 points, so there are any doctrines that cost points.

Doctrines: Close Order Drill, Drop Troops.

HQ:

Command Section, Led by Jr. Officer. Honorifica Imperialis, Power Fist, Plasma Pistol. Veteran Medic, Flamer. (113)

Troops:

Platoon 1: Command Section and 2 Squads.
    Command: Power Weapon, Meltagun. (55)
    Squad: Veteran Sergeant, Bolt Pistol, Grenade Launcher. (75)
    Squad: Veteran Sergeant, Bolt Pistol, Grenade Launcher. (75)

Platoon 2: Command Section and 2 Squads.
    Command: Power Weapon, Meltagun. (55)
    Squad: Plasma Gun, Veteran Sergeant. (76)
    Squad: Plasma Gun, Veteran Sergeant. (76)

Heavy Support:
    Leman Russ Battle Tank. Hull Heavy Bolters, Sponson Heavy Bolters. (165)
    Basilisk. Indirect Fire. (125)
    Leman Russ Demolisher. Hull Lascannon, Sponson Plasma Cannons. (185)

999 Points.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

drop troops cant have tanks
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by sithjack@Nov 13 2003, 19:14
    drop troops cant have tanks
    Sure I can. They just don't Deep Strike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps I am missing something but where does it state that the Doctrine "Drop Troops" removes the use of tanks? It does say that any Imperial Guard Infantry unit without a Chimera or Sentinels may Deep Strike if the mission permits and other units are deployed conventionally. I do not see anything about no tanks being used. Perhaps you are thinking of the Space Marines Codex limitations. :unsure:

Meanwhile on topic - ARGH! Mobile is good, but Guardsmen are poor at assaulting
    anything, even other guardsmen! Perhaps if you write a battle report, or give us a
    breakdown of the game you played we can help you out with some strategy.

My advise is to take even more guns and even heavier artillery if you are out-gunned! This is logical because Imperial Guard armies are based on shootiness rather than assault. To put the emphasis on more and heavier guns plays to your own strengths. Whereas if you change your direction completely and move into assault you are forcing your own weaknesses to the surface, and therefore right into the hands of your opponent. I cannot think of a good analogy but the concept is simplistic really :w
    IG since '95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you don't have heavy wapons that is stupiod that is the good thing a bout ig

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont pay attention to jackass. his name is who he is.

anyway. well if your going for a mobile guard force, id shave some stuff off the hq and add either a couple flamers to your deep strking infantry platoons. flamers are awesome. auto hit str 4 ap5, negate cover. they are one of my favortie weapons.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not enough big guns? A Battle Cannon, Earthshaker Cannon, and Demolisher Cannon aren&#39;t enough? Sure, I have no Autocannons, Lascannons, Missiles, etc, but look at the point total, its 1000 points. Lascannons are 25 pts, Autocannons are 15. I can&#39;t afford to drop points like that in a 1000 point list. I kept losing games when I put Heavy weapons in my squads. The Guardsmen averaged 12 points apiece (squad+weapons+gear+doctrines/no. of Guardsmen). This list allows me to only pay about 7.5 per Guardsmen, allowing more men in a small game.

On the subject of Flamers, I do see the advantage to having a Flamer when Deep Striking. However, in most games, I see more of an advantage to take a Meltagun instead. Terminator armor brings a great threat to Lasgun wielding Guardsmen, and a Melta/Plasma Gun will remove Terminators better than a flamer. But vs. Tyranids, Orks, or Eldar (with lots of Guardians,) I&#39;d switch the plasmas to flamers.

Closed Thread