Revised Dark Eldar Army- 2400 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have taken your suggestions and revised my Dark Eldar Army. Please tell me what you think of this new army. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Dark Eldar Army- 2400

HQ

Archon with Agoniser, Splinter Pistol, Shadow Field, Plasma Grenades, Gruesome Talisman, Hell Mask and Combat Drugs in a raider

Archon’s retinue of 5 Incubi with Plasma Grenades, 2 Warriors with Splinter Cannons, and Drazhar in a raider

raider: dark lance and night shield

Elites

X3
    9 wyches with Plasma Grenades (and wych weapons) and 1 Succubus with a Hell mask and an Agoniser (and Plasma Grenades) in a raider

raider: dark lance and night shield

Troops

X3
    20 Warriors with 2 splinter cannons and 18 splinter rifles

X3
    10 Warriors with 2 dark lances and 18 splinter rifles

Heavy Support

X3
    Ravager with Night Shield and 3 disintegrators

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great list. I have some suggestions, but this is because I would change it to fit my style a little more.

I just tried this for the first time the other day: Give the Archon a Tormentor Helm, Punisher, and Animus Vitae. He's got a 4 str and then after the first round of close combat, then he's bumped up to 5 with the first prisoner. Next, drop the Hell Mask, with the new assault rules, it really doesn't help.

I would drop the Night Shields from the raiders carrying the wyches. These guys are supposed to get close ASAP, so why do you care if they get their transports shot. When you're that close, 6 inches won't save you. Drop the Hell Mask on the Succubus for the same reason.

Change at least one, maybe all, of your warrior squads to dark lances if you're playing SM, Necron, DH, or Chaos. Yeah you get a lot of shots with the Splinter Cannons, but when you let your opponent get a 3+ save, he'll make too many for the SC to be effective.

I would leave one Ravager with all Dark Lances. This will be your tank buster, the Disintigrators are only really good for infantry, so having one Ravager dedicated to armor is a good thing.

One thing you have to remember, if you're taking 2400 points, so is your opponent. That means very nasty things in a game that high, so you have to have the firepower to take down his dreads, wraithlords, monolith, etc. Maybe even cut down your troops to 12-15 man squads and take a second HQ. More Incubi and a Dracon are bad news for the enemy. Think about upgrading one of your Incubi to a master and give him Combat Drugs, too. I have found this to be very effective.

Like I said, good list as it is, I would very nervous playing against it. The suggestions are just my personal preferences after a 1.5 years of playing Dark Eldar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your suggestions. I forgot about the new assault rules, so I'll get rid of the Hell Masks. The reason why I have the Night Shield is because many times I play against my friends eldar and he uses a ton of guardians with strength 4, assault 2, 12" guns. With the night shields I'm able to survive against when I'm just out of range of being able to assault. I will most likely change the dark lances and splinter cannons depending on what army I'm playing against. That's the same with the ravagers, but mostly I play against an on-foot space marine and eldar army. I originally had two HQ's and when I play against space marines I'll most likely take out a squad or so of warriors so that I may use them. The main reason I have so many warriors is because the large units are mainly cannon fodder for my sniper units (the 10 man squads) to hide behind, but I'll probably take your advice on taking a few out. Thank you for all of you good suggestions, they were very helpful. I'm playing the eldar person tomorrow and I'll let you know how that goes.

Closed Thread