1000 Pt 13th Company Space Wolf - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    Rune priest -
    Wolf priest -

Elites
    5 wolfen -
    10 storm claws -
    2 power fists -
    plasma gun -

Troops
    10 grey slayers -
    melta gun -
    Flamer -

Fast attack
    3 storm claw bikes -
    melta gun -
    1 attack bike -
    multi melta -
    pack leader on bike -

total points 1000

It's a very simple list that i hope to build on, one option i have is to take out the bikes and get long fangs or a leman russ tank.

please comment

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Read the rules, they too are simple. I removed pts values this time, next time I'll remove the entire post.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i assume the gray slayers are in two groups of five, &#39;cause you need two troops choices for basic senarios
    i&#39;d also drop one hq for this small a list, get more bodies
    you can stick with the mobility over the tanks, it helps with objectives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oops about the points

i can&#39;t drop the HQ cause the space wolf rules (i think they apply to 13th company also) say i need an HQ for every X points so i need two for 1000 point army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you cant get leman russ tanks with 13th company or a attack bike
    and just how did u get plasma gun for the storm claws? i assume u mean plasma pistol?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too small even for a 13th company army.
    I am also sure that leman russ is not an option for 13th company.
    When choosing from an extra but similar list it replaces the old list. You cant take the best of both
    I would only use bikes in 1500pts+
    Get more Grey slayers or stormclaws

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i did mean plasma pistol

you&#39;re probably right about the attack bike and leman russ, i just assumed that they were availible to 13th cause i didn&#39;t see the eye of terror codex say they weren&#39;t

how about i get rid of the bikes, get 4 more grey slayers and a couple of long fangs?

i could either get a pair of las cannons or plasma cannons or get 2 missle launchers and a heavy bolter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about i get rid of the bikes, get 4 more grey slayers and a couple of long fangs?

i could either get a pair of las cannons or plasma cannons or get 2 missle launchers and a heavy bolter
    not sure about 13th comp, but can you have a squad that has only two or three guys?
    if so, i would go for the missle launcher/heavey bolter combo, because then you could deal with all those light troops and still punch through most lighter armored vehicles. the lascannons aren&#39;t that needed at 1000 pts, and plasma makes it so you can&#39;t penetrate a 13 armour vehicle, like a pred or devil fish. the heavey bolter makes sense, as you will playing tau a lot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah long fangs can be in smaller squads

but do you think i&#39;d have enough heavy weapons? maybe i need a little more incase i run into something bigger or use the split firing more effectively

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As people have said, you need more Grey Slayers. They are the only basic troop type you are allowed (storm claws are elites), and you need two squads of basic troops. Minimum squad size is 6, so you need at least 12 Grey Slayers. If you have two squads, maybe go for one squad with two flamers, and one with two meltaguns.

I can see from your plans that you wanted to make this army by buying one pack of Grey Slayers and one pack of Storm Claws, and understand why you would not want to buy a second pack of Grey Slayers. But why not convert a couple of Claws to Slayers. The use the true grit rule, and can fire a bolter single handed - so just take the bolt pistols of a couple of Claws, replace with bolters, and Bobs your uncle, two Slayers.

Or you could get two single characters (say sergeants) and make them into Wolf Guard pack leaders - you could even put one of them in terminator armour. The terme armour will loose you the free move at the start of the game, but if you hold them back with the Rune Priest and use the Gate, it does not matter where you start from. I have just ordered a Rune Priest in termi armour to use with a squad led by a termi pack leader.

I am sure that you are not allowed attack bikes, and certain that you cannot take any tanks, or other vehicles.

As for two HQ choices, I don&#39;t know how to interpret the Space Wolves Codex (you are right that the 13th company army lists have to be based on this). It is one HQ per 750 points, rounding the fractions up. So an army of 1250 points, would need two choices, but is this true for a 1000 point army? A 760 point army? Rounding up - does this mean you round up any fraction or only fractions greater than a half? Still it made it clear that my plan for my 2000 point army with two HQ choices - still not fully painted - was wrong.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast