Daemonhunters - What Next? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Bowling Green State University, OH, U.S.A.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a pretty good-size Daemonhunters force but I need to add to it. Always need to add to it, heh heh. Here's what I have:

8 GKs, plus 2 w/ psycannons, 2 w/ Incinerators & 2 Justicars
    8 Stormtroopers plus 1 each of their 4 special weapons
    5 GK Terminators plus one w/ Incinerator plus one w/ psycannon plus Brother-Captain and the Stern model (to be used as Grand Master)
    An Inquisitor w/ bolt pistol & sword
    Inquisitor Lord with retinue (Coteaz box) plus servitor w/ plasma cannon and combat-servitor
    Armoured fist squad w/ flamer or grenade launcher (in Chimera w/ multilaser and heavy bolter)
    SM Dreadnought (to be used as a GK Dread - I'd buy a Mk IV but I have no credit card)

I also have a bunch of Cadians and a Heavy Weapons box, and a Leman Russ,and another Chimera, but none of these are built

I'll probably put a heavy flamer on the other Chimera, possibly one in the turret too, and heavy bolter sponsons on the Leman Russ (if any at all).

What should I get next for a nicely-balanced army? I'm thinking a Callidus assassin for wondrous CC and screwing up enemy strategy, or a Land Raider (I'd get a Crusader but apparently the Hurricane Bolters can't get psycannon bolts after all), or possibly a Rhino for a cheaper transport. But maybe I won't need that with the LR and 2 Chimeras. Advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps this would fit better in the strategy section? I don't wanna step on any toes, it seems better that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats a nice Gk terminator squad, if it will fit onto an ordance template then use it as a GM and his retinue, obviously losing either the psycannon and or the incinerator.

An assassin would seem to be the best option, and after speaking to people on here it seems callidus is the best. Just remember vindicares when fighting eldar, to take out them warlocks

A crusader is a real nice tank, it doesn't have the twin linked lascannons i know, but its like a tactical squad driving round the battle field lol, simply 6 bolters with 2 heavy weapons

I'd probably get another box of storm troopers, never forget the quality of meat shields :rolleyes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice, I was thinking similar things (but I'd never ehard that bit about the Vindicare against Eldar...), although it probably doesn't look like I was thinking similar things from the post. Another box of stormtroopers? The ones I already have are the older ones, if I get Kasrkin now they might look kinda goofy all in the same army and all. But then again I do have all those Cadians already...and too bad I didn't wait for the Kasrkins to come out, I might have gotten those instead, they're really cool models. Although I kinda think the older stormies fit the Inquisitorial feel better. No more transports, then, you think?

Closed Thread