Daemon Hunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Daemon Hunters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my DH list, I tried to stay away from Power Armored Grey Knights. While they're worth their points for their stat line I never see them making back close to their points in game play. Since everyone says DHers lack anti tank I was sure to include lots of armor busters which double as power armor killers too.

1850 Daemon Hunters

Heavy
    Grey Knight Dreadnought-
    Linked Lascannon
    Hunter Killer Missile
    Extra Armor
    Heavy Flamer
    Total- 160

Heavy
    Grey Knight Dreadnought-
    Linked Lascannon
    Hunter Killer Missile
    Extra Armor
    Heavy Flamer
    Total- 160

Heavy
    Grey Knight Dreadnought-
    Linked Lascannon
    Hunter Killer Missile
    Extra Armor
    Heavy Flamer
    Total- 160

HQ
    Grand Master-
    Incinerator
    Icon of the Just
    Total- 190

Elites
    Inquisitor-
    Plasma Pistol
    Power Weapon
    Emperor's Tarot
    Vet. Guardsmen (3)-
    Meltaguns (3)
    Chimera-
    Multilaser
    Heavy Bolter
    Hunter Killer Missile
    Extra Armor
    Smoke Launchers
    Total- 233

Elites
    Callidus Assassin
    Total- 120

Elites
    Grey Knight Terminators (2)
    Brother Captain
    Total- 153

Troops
    Inquisitoral Storm Troopers (9)-
    Meltaguns/Plasma Guns (2)
    Vet. Storm Trooper-
    Plasma Pistol
    Power Weapon
    Chimera-
    Multilaser
    Heavy Bolter
    Hunter Killer Missile
    Extra Armor
    Smoke Launchers
    Total- 268

Troops
    Inquisitoral Storm Troopers (9)-
    Vet. Storm Trooper-
    Plasma Pistol
    Power Weapon
    Chimera-
    Multilaser
    Heavy Bolter
    Hunter Killer Missile
    Extra Armor
    Smoke Launchers
    Total- 268

Troops
    Inquisitoral Storm Troopers (10)-
    Total- 120

Total- 1832

I'm trying to find more ways to cut points to add more Terminators so the squad is bigger. I'm not sure about the Melta/Plas guns either as in which should I use maybe one of each in each unit? That way they'll be effective moving and sitting still. The Grand Master will ride around in whichever Chimera will be moving after deployment so he actually sees combat. Everyone's gonna say my =I= squad won't live long and your right, w/o their Chimera they're only 125 pts for 3 Meltaguns and a Plasma Pistol that's alot of AP from one unit, I figure they'll roll up on the biggest threat on the board nuke it making their points back then die. Chances are the Termis will Deep Strike or depending on what I'm playing againest walk behind the Dreads. Lemme know what you guys think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well to be honest, i think taking a grand master on his own is a little risky, since he's so much points worth. Then u got 3 termionators on there own aswell.

All your enemy is going to do is kill them to make his points worth, they really do deserve to be in units of at least 5+.

If you do not want to remove anything i'd probably make the GKterminator elite choice into the grand masters retinue obviouisly losing the brother captain but at least it will cause a stir when deepstriking.

From what i can see the list is ok, the only things i could spot that i thought was a little lets say different would be:-

3 dreadnaughts?? do you really need 3 dreadnaughts. Since most of your army is mounted in vehicles its gonna give your enemies a clearer shot and fewer, so he will get to play target practice with your dreadnaughts. I would say that one would be enough. You could even purchase a land raider with the extra points from losing two and that has armour 14 and two twin linked lascannons

Secondly, your inquisitor being with only 3 guard vets, now this may be a choice of opinion, but i would give him gun servitors, 3 of them, one heavy bolter, one multi melta and one plasma cannon. With the free points from the losing of two dreadnaughts you could add so much stuff to your army, like bigger terminator squads, a better rtetinue for your GM,

I posted purely to say what i thought, and to be honest its very original, and altho a bit pricey (3 dreadnaughts :blink: ) it would be nice to see how it faired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Methius
    Thanks for the reply, the Grand Master is on his own because then he can ride in any of the Chimeras giving him a 12" move over a 6" so he'll actually see h2h true I could Deepstrike him but then he'd get lit up by everything. I see what you mean about the bigger Terminator squad sizes, I wanted to keep them cheap yet effective. The Dreadnoughts and all the AP is because where I play all the armies I'd be facing are pure beatstick armies, be it Razorbacks (the army I have used up until now) IG w/ loads of Lascannons and pie plates, Iron Warriors w/ 3 pie plates plus 6 Oblitorators or the Marine army w/ 3 Devastator Squads so you see where I'm coming from fight fire w/ fire stay hull down and pray the Dreads while nuking tanks can make it into h2h and smash up some infantry. The reason I didnt use Gun Servs is because to be effective they have to sit still and cost a bunch more points, again the cheap yet effective thing. I was also thinking a Land Raider over 2 Dreadnoughts however like I said all those pie plates will eat a Land Raider fast whereas at least w/ the Dreads I got 2 different targets and they can fire at 2 different targets, true the Land Raider can too but the Machine Spirit shouldn't be counted on. The thing I'm most worried about with this list is all these little Kasrkin heh I mean "Storm Troopers" running around not sure how well they'll fare I just know those are some really cool minis and I had to get some painted up and used. In acoupla weeks when I have the majority of this force painted up hopefully me and RaGINaR can do a Battle Report w/ some pics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Flesh Tearer ,

Glad I was able to see your army list ahead of time... Dork! So this is the "Supa-Secret" army huh?

Looks good, can't wait to RULE YOU!

On a serious note, can your dreadnaughts take hunter-killer missiles?

RaGzz
    ---------------------------------
    RaG|NaR

Mooing peacefully since 1996!
    Got Milk?

<a href='http://www.adeptusminneapolis.com' target='_blank'>Adeptus Minneapolis</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes they can, not only that you get +1 WS to the SM Dread too OoOoOoOOoO what a machine, I&#39;m not sure if this will be the new army it&#39;s this or the Tau. Hmmmmm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OoooOooO, yea I read the codex today. GAY. I wanna see that on your models...

J/K.

Cool army, do this and I&#39;ll do Tau .
    ---------------------------------
    RaG|NaR

Mooing peacefully since 1996&#33;
    Got Milk?

<a href='http://www.adeptusminneapolis.com' target='_blank'>Adeptus Minneapolis</a>

Closed Thread