How To Kill An Ork... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to play my first third edition (I know I'm late) game in 1,5 weeks, its against orks. I have never played orks in second edition, so I have no idea what they're capable off, although h2h and numbers are obviously the ork main strengths. I have a DA army and I can field:

Dreadnought with assault cannon
    Deathwing squad of 6 termies
    10-man assault squad
    25 tactical marines
    Complete HQ
    Two chaplains
    Librarian
    2 AB's (attack bikes with either multi-melta's or Heavy bolters)
    Couple of IG (about 25 man including HQ)

The assault cannons and the AB Heavy Bolters are a must, and I'm thinking of letting the chaplain lead the assault-squad in a counterassault on one flank, closely backed up by the AB and the dreadnought (maybe even termies), whilst the rest of the army holds the same flank and the center, shooting with everything they've got at the orks .

Now what should I field and does anyone have some good tactical advise for me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all I like to say...
    This is in the wrong forum...
    I'll get someone to put it in the armylist forum...

And now to you list here:

Go for lots of firepower.
    On the attack bikes take the heavy bolter, remember the oks only have a standard 5+ armour save.
    Use your closecombat capabilities to keep the orks at a distance and use the rest to shoot with.
    Although beware of close combat, orks have a nasty close combat weapon called a choppa that makes your best armour save 4+... that is you can't have better armour save than 4+.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

*moving to army lists*
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id go with dragonslayer on this. Take plenty of heavy bolters in your tactical squads when fighting orcs - you&#39;ll need em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

orcs cant really do alot if you have some ordnance and flamers. I would pack in some Whirlwinds and really take advantage of that. another great thing to add is a demolisher, with short range and great firepower, make sure that you keep a scout squad with combat shotguns near it to protect it against assault, because you find that a whirlwind will not fair well against da choppas frum da boyz.

[FONT=Optima][SIZE=1][COLOR=green]We&#39;s da Orks, we dun like da humiez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ehehehehehe im new to signatures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"On the attack bikes take the heavy bolter, remember the oks only have a standard 5+ armour save."

LOL, who are the Oks, Dragonslayero? Their 5+ is far better than an Orks 6+ save Most Orks actually have a 6+ save. In fact, only Lootas, Warbikes and &#39;Ard Boyz have a better save then 6+. Of course Mega armour is a different story but it does not really count

Squeak, the best advise you can get for the third edition is to chase the objectives rather than just trying to annihilate everything. You can kill 90% of his Orks but if he has the objectives you are going to lose

Since your Tactical Marines will almost always get their 3+ save against Ork shoooting make sure you take at least 20. Do not be tempted to skimp on Marines in this edition because they are FAR more effective than second edition.

Also, try avoid being charged by the orks in the open, make sure you are in cover so you get the first hits. 20 charging Orks will get at least 80 attacks, compared to 10 attacks for your 10 Marines. On average, those 80 attacks will almost wipe out your entire squad in one turn, whereas you will kill 2-3 Orks.
    IG since &#39;95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off ya really don stand a chance of beatin da Orks, juss cuz you wear green armor doesn&#39;t make ya as ard as an Ork...

Squeak
    What the others have said is true, load up on heavy bolters, they cause alot of problems. My grots usually get mauled pretty good by a bunch of heavy bolters.
    Orks hate em.
    Ordinance templates are a mob killa, the Orks low save just doesn&#39;t help, lots a boyz all packed together equals alot of dead Orks...Whirlwind is a good un.

Flamers, also an Ork boyz bane. Use em if you have em.

Assaulting the Orks in 3rd edition is much like in 2nd edition, unless your troops are really good at it don&#39;t try it. Orks are good at it and have large numbers. If you use assault troops lower the number of models first with shooting before getting stuck in.
    If your playing DA your best at shooting anyway so stick with what you are good at...Hope this helps.
    Good luck...WAAAGH&#33;
    &quot;Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH&#33;&quot;
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aha excellent, I am learning a lot to kill those darn Orks. :ph34r: thank you people

W/D/L

Dwarfs 1/0/0 (Reset due to new rules)

Space Marines 0/0/0 (still under construction)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of multi-shot guns and some good cc guys.....that how i deal with orks...simple.
    A Rhino? SLOTH!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast