New Chaos List 1000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok here it is, what do you think? Say what you think.

+HQ+

Chaos lord - 137pts

2 lightning claws, d-flight, infiltrates, d-aura, d-visage, melta bombs

+Troops+

5 CSM

Heavy bolter, MOCU, Icon - 80pts

5 CSM

Heavy Bolter, MOCU, Icon - 80pts

5 CSM

Rocket launcher, MOCU, Icon - 85pts

5 CSM

Rocket launcher, MOCU, Icon - 85pts

5 bloodletters-130

+Elites+

10 beserkers

Chainaxes - 200pts

Rhino - 58pts

Extra armour, smoke launchers

+Fast Attack+

4 raptors - 142pts

1 melta gun, all infiltrate

997pts altogether what do you think.

Da Future Is Bright, Da futures Green

Ogre Kingdoms 0-0-0
    40k Chaos 5-0-1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks alright to me. Youll need to use your raptors well with such a small squad - I take it theyll go tankbustin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

In one word: suxx0rz.

5 man squads will get their asses kicked, and will earn you the label of powergamer even though you can't really expect the army to be effective. Beef em up to 7 at least.

Oddly enough the Berzerkers number 10. Would be more according to fluff if it was 8. Same goes for Bloodletters, if you insist on using those.

How do you get a 4 man Raptor squad?
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya, I somewhat agree w/ BiD. What you need is a havoc squad instead of 4 5 man squads w/ one heavy weapon. Go w/ 8 berzerkers so you can get the Asp. Champ for free. Also, make the CSM squads as close to 10 as you can, and give them a role. If you want to keep the heavy weapons in the squad, at least give another a plasma gun in the squad. That at least gives them a role on the field. The role for my squads is slaughter, I give them BP + CCW and furious charge, oh and can&#39;t forget the rhinos. Just think about everyone&#39;s role.

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can&#39;t get the aspiring champ free, unless your entire army has the mark (a complete thousand sons army , not a few thousand sons in a black legion army) i dunno, but no real point in having a rhino for berzerkers, just get an aspiring champ and get him the thing that lets you reroll blood rage. 5 man squads suck big fat juicy mandick. i play 9 man squads (thousand sons) but i think that bornindarkness is right, you need at least 7 man squads, if you are desperate for the heavy weapons, just get some havocs man&#33; THEY LOOK COOLER&#33; I dont&#39; play cause the game is fun, i play cause the models and painting are cool and fun. (So what if my army sucks, raptors look cool and that&#39;s that&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only reason that i have 5 man squads is so i can have a lots of men and heavy weapons. Do raptors count as being the lords retinue? If not I will go and get another raptor and dump a couple of beserkers for it. i no they are gonna get shot at but there is 4 squads of them&#33; and I will probably deploy them pretty close together. Are&#39;nt 2 squads of 10 almost the same as 4 squads of 5? But then I get heavy weapons half price. But I will think I might have 2 squads of 8 with a plasma gun and something like a missile launcher etc... Havocs cost more points(points that I dont have)

OK thanks for replies

Ogre Kingdoms 0-0-0
    40k Chaos 5-0-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nawwww DaRk-InTeNtIoN your missing the point. while you can get lots of heavy weapons in the 4 squads of 5 they start to have moral problems pretty fast with the small unit counts. with 2 units fo ten you have to kill at least 3 units for a fall back test I think it is and kill 5 units for it to be half strength. (sorry but im not too familiar with these rules if im quoting them wrong). Oh and bornin I have a question if you get a chance. What are your havok squads equiped with. I dont think Ive ever seen your chaos army list. I see alot of people with the 5 man havok squads with all lazcannons but more than two lazcannons in a squad seems like overkill to me especially with tank hunter vet skill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your gonna have your lord on his own I would suggest giving him daemonic stature, dropping the melta bombs, and giving him a daemon weapon. The only real disadvantage of doing this is that he&#39;ll be more points and he&#39;ll be able to be shot at, but if your going to be rushing him up, he&#39;ll be 6" away from other units anyways. It&#39;s okay if he&#39;s worth more points, because he can take down almost anything. Against Space Wolves my daemon prince kills (at the very least) 1 HQ, and a ton of Space Marines, 7 or more. So, he definitely makes up for his high points cost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My lord is with the raptors but there is only 4 as you can see. I thought that they counted as retinue. As you can see my marines have MOCU sothey dont run off so easily.

Thanks 4 replies

Ogre Kingdoms 0-0-0
    40k Chaos 5-0-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is something that i have seen a couple guys do with low point Chaos armies:

an assualt Havoc squad, which consists of at least the following:

four "Havocs" with flamers
    rhino
    the rest of the squad has bolt pistol and CCW.

Ask any nid player, they would not want or expect four flame templates to disembark from a rhino. just make sure you don&#39;t strand yourself and not get to charge the left over critters.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast