1850 Imperial Guard List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

It has been asked that I present my Imperial Guard list here, so I am.

Here goes:
    Unnamed1850 Pts - IG: Custom Doctrines Army

HQ

Choose Doctrines (HQ) @ 0 Pts
    Skills and Drills: Sharp Shooters [0]
    Skills and Drills: Close Order Drill [0]
    Allow Ogryns [0]
    Regimental Organisation: Drop Troops [0]
    Skills and Drills: Iron Discipline [0]

Command Platoon (HQ) @ 329 Pts

Heroic Senior Officer @ [72] Pts
    Bolt Pistol; Close combat Weapon

Command Squad @ [62] Pts
    Lasguns (x2); Master Vox

Command Squad Doctrines @ [15] Pts
    Drop Trooper; Iron Discipline; SharpShooters

Veteran #3 @ [11] Pts
    Lasgun; Medic

Veteran #4 @ [11] Pts
    Lasgun; Standard Bearer

Fire Support Squad #1 @ [90] Pts
    Heavy Bolter (x3); Lasguns

0 Heavy Weapon Doctrines @ [10] Pts
    SharpShooters

Fire Support Squad #2 @ [105] Pts
    Autocannon (x3); Lasguns

0 Heavy Weapon Doctrines @ [10] Pts
    SharpShooters

TROOPS

Infantry Platoon (Troops) @ 392 Pts

Junior Officer @ [41] Pts
    Close combat Weapon; Bolter

Command Squad @ [20] Pts
    Heavy Bolter; Lasguns (x3)

Command Squad Doctrines @ [10] Pts
    Drop Trooper; SharpShooters

Infantry Squad @ [107] Pts
    Autocannon; Lasguns; Plasma Gun; Vox Caster

Infantry Doctrines @ [10] Pts
    Close Order Drill; Drop Trooper; SharpShooters

Veteran Sergeant @ [13] Pts

Missile Launcher; Lasguns; Plasma Gun; Vox Caster

Infantry Squad #1 @ [117] Pts
    Lascannon; Lasguns; Meltagun; Vox Caster

Infantry Platoon (Troops) @ 407 Pts

Junior Officer @ [41] Pts
    Close combat Weapon; Bolter

Command Squad @ [35] Pts
    Lascannon; Lasguns (x3)

Command Squad Doctrines @ [10] Pts
    Drop Trooper; SharpShooters

Autocannon; Lasguns; Plasma Gun; Vox Caster

Missile Launcher; Lasguns; Plasma Gun; Vox Caster

Infantry Squad #1 @ [117] Pts
    Lascannon; Lasguns; Meltagun; Vox Caster

ELITES

4 Ogryns (Elites) @ 241 Pts
    Ripper Gun

Ogryn Bone 'ead @ [43] Pts
    Ripper Gun; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Melta Bombs

Chimera @ [98] Pts
    Heavy Flamer; Hull Heavy Bolter
    Smoke Launchers [3]
    Extra Armour [5]
    Rough Terrain Modification [5]

HEAVY SUPPORT

Basilisk (Heavy Support) @ 125 Pts
    Earthshaker Cannon; Hull Heavy Bolter

Leman Russ Battle Tank (Heavy Support) @ 163 Pts
    Battle Cannon; Hull Lascannon
    Smoke Launchers [3]
    Extra Armour [5]

Leman Russ Demolisher (Heavy Support) @ 193 Pts
    Demolisher Cannon; Hull Lascannon; Plasma Cannon Sponsons
    Smoke Launchers [3]
    Extra Armour [5]

Models in Army: 96

Total Army Cost: 1850

This is the army that I use 99% of the time that I play. It has always performed very well for me and took me all the way to first place standings in the most recent 40k League in Monterey, CA. This was partially because I PLAYED a lot of games, but I had a 2:1 win loss ratio (26 wins, 13 losses), which is pretty darn good for IG.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice. The two things that really suprised me were the Ogryns, and the Drop Troops Doctrine!

OK, firstly, did you use Drop Troops just to fill your Doctrine allowance, or did you use it in most of your games? If you did use it, what armies was it most successful against and where did you deep strike to? :unsure:

Secondly, ....Ogryns? :rolleyes: Did you find that they were useful? How did you use them, and for what role? I could get some Ogryns for my own army as i do not have the models and have NEVER used them in a game of 40k. So please fill me in.

Also, why ddi you choose the Leman Russ Demolisher instead of another Leman Russ Battle tank? :w
    IG since '95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

171 (x6)

Ok, I'll start with the Drop Troops thing first. Yes, I did use it to fill out my doctrines really. I have it just in case I think that It might be really usefull to drop something in behind the enemy. However, I have only used it once and the squad got slaughtered, so I'm not sure what I'm going to replace it with...there just aren't enough good, free doctrines.. heh.

As for the Ogryn, They are one of my favorite units in my army. I drop them in that Chimera and run them straight at the weakest link in the enemies army. Notice that I said weakest link. They just cannot withstand the pounding that a squad of Termies, or something comparable, can dish out. Their save is terrible, but their amount of ST 6 attacks can wipe out a whole squad of Guardians or regular SM's in one turn, providing that they aren't wiped out first because of their low Initiative. The Chimera is Essential, unless you plan on using them as a counter-charge unit, cause they are so slow on foot.

And finally, the Demolisher. The first reason that I chose the Demolisher was because it just looked cool and comes with an awesome array of firepower. This was back when I only had three tanks (The three in the list ). However, after using it for quite a while, I found that it's just a devastating piece of equipment. I use the Plasma Cannons and Lascannon on the first turn, because they have great range, and when the enemy moves closer I start firing up the Demolisher Cannon. In a game last week I got a direct hit with the template on a squad of termies. They ALL died, which was the game winning factor.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my 2.5-3 years playing this game, i have only seen the vindicatar/demolisher fire is dremolished cannon one time.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

171 (x6)

One time? Wow, that&#39;s pretty bad. I&#39;m hoping that you&#39;ve only ever seen it fire one time because you&#39;ve only ever seen one or two people use it. I don&#39;t always get the demolisher cannon to fire every game, but I nearly always fire the two plasma cannon sponsons and the lascannon once or twice. But, heck, if they are keeping out of the range of my demolisher cannon, then they are keeping out of cc with my infantry units too which gives me more time to play with my Heavy Weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

171 (x6)

Since I posted this army list that I&#39;ve been using for the league so far, I realized that we have a "end-of-league" tournament coming up Saturday. In light of this, I sat down and analyzed the effectiveness of some things in my army and I made a few changes to represent what I thought was lacking.

Here they are:

HQ: I removed the Sharpshooter Discipline from the HQ, cause, well, they don&#39;t really get to shoot too much while hiding behind scenery/tanks and using their master vox. Besides, I don&#39;t have a Heavy Weapon in that unit anymore either so it&#39;s just a waste of 10 points.

TROOPS: I removed the Heavy Bolter and Lascannon from the Platoon Command Squads and replaced them with two Autocannons. This brings my Autocannon total up to Seven, which is pretty nice. I then replaced the two Missile Launchers with two Lascannons in my squads because I hardly ever find myself using the Frag Missile which is the only reason I had ML&#39;s instead of Lascannons.

ELITES: The only change here was to remove the Rough Terrain Modification from my Chimera. I found it almost useless because I routinely move it it&#39;s maximum distance. I also did this because the list was 5 points over and this fixed that problem.

That&#39;s my tournament list so far, I just hope I can pull off three wins and maybe come home with a prize. That would be a nice change for IG... heh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Props for using Ogryns. They are very underrated. I once had 6 Ogryns and an Independant Commissar kill 3 Ork Kans, a looted Leman Russ, and the Great Unclean One all in one game. Then they died.... damn Bolters.

The army looks good. You HQ looks a little weak (combat-wise.) But if you don&#39;t want them to fight, that&#39;s cool. Add a Comissar to get the Officer&#39;s Leadership up to 10. Makes Voxing even better.

In missions that don&#39;t allow Deep Striking, I see a mobility problem. Taking objectives/ table quarters with stationary Guardsmen is hard. The Ogryns can&#39;t do it all themselves.

Good call on the Demolisher. Best gun platform in the game. Terminators won&#39;t bother you ever with that thing around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

171 (x6)

Yeah, I don&#39;t use my HQ for cc at ALL. That&#39;s the realm of Space Marines and Dark Eldar not IG. By the way, the Commissar does NOT transfer his LD bonus through the vox. He is nearly worthless IMO.

Lessee, I&#39;ve never really had a problem in games where you need to take table quarters. I have so many troops that somone is usually able to get into a quarter, if only to contest it.

Oh yeah, the Demolisher certainly does rock. I don&#39;t know why more peopl don&#39;t use it personally. I love that little tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually i have the heavy weapon from the Command HQ poking out of cover while the Heroic Senior Officer cowers in cover, barking at the model with the master vox-caster :lol:

I have not been brave enough to use the Demolisher yet. The massive range of the battelcannon usually takes the cake. Now that i have been thinking about the Demolisher as a viable tank, it is very tempting to take one simply to get my hands on some plasma cannons and another lascannon to kill high end units. And if they are foolish enough to come into the range of the demolisher cannon, then thats even better As, H0urg1ass, said, the least the Leman Russ Demolisher will do is buy the heavy wepaons teams more time, which is great.

Have you ever considered taking a single Sentinel just for the &#39;scouts&#39; special rule, H0urg1ass? You can use the rule to deploy the Sentinel first and effectively reduce your opponenets deployment zone by deployiong dar froward. Then you can run away using its free move&#33; :w
    IG since &#39;95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

171 (x6)

Well Reveared, I can see we think a lot a like, cause yes, I have used Sentinels very extensively. I used to use three sentinels in my army before the new IG codex came out. Since then, though, I have been using up all the points for them on doctrines.
    Sentinels are one of my favorite units actually just because they CAN do things like secure table quarters. Let me tell you another thing about Sentinels: They draw fire like crazy. If you ever want to make sure that your Leman Russ actually survives a few turns, then take three Sentinels with Heavy Flamers and walk them towards your opponent. Just the sight of a model that big is usually enough to make most commanders shoot everything at them.
    If you DO decide to use Sentinels, then take only the minimum survivable upgrades for them. My personal version of the Sentinel is the Heavy Flamer and Smoke Launchers. That&#39;s IT. They die too easy to dump lots of points into them, and btw, Armored Crew Compartment, does NOT make them much more survivable.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast