1000 Points Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im new to the IG thing but looking to put together 1k Force.
    Doctrines:
    Grenadiers
    Iron Discipline
    Sharpshooters
    Xeno-Fighters: Eldar

OK here it is

Command Platoon = 190
    Command Squad- Junior Officer, Iron Discipline, Commissar
    Fire Support Squad- Sharpshooters, Autocannons

Infantry Platoon = 245
    Command Squad- Junior Officer,Iron Discipline, Commissar
    1st Squad- Missile Laucher, Xeno Fighters
    2nd Squad- Missile Laucher, Xeno Fighters

10 man Grenadier Squad /w 2 plasma guns =120

3 Sentinels with Lascannons =165

Leman Russ heavy bolters all around = 155

i have 125 poitns left, thinkin ether basaliks iwht inderect fire, or some other upgrades, or taking ratling sense i have 1 free doctrine left.

thanks

-Where Were You The Day They Stole Your Inocence?

-It Was About Time To Dig A New Well Anyway.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Basilisk is the perfect addition to that incomplete list. You will never regret buying a Basilisk!
    IG since '95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are a few things I would change about your army. First off it looks pretty cool. But I have never found anything good about those commisars. For 40+ points, (65 + with a powerfist) it would be so much better to use a Grey Knight Brother Captain or Grand Master if you want some counter charging Charactor.

If you want to use the Iron Disapline place a master Vox Caster with a seinior officer and he will lone his 9 leadership everywhere.

He is right, you will never regret purchasing a Basilisk. I love Mine. Although its not the sulution to everything.

My opinion on the current list is this.
    1. Drop the Comisars and either put more Grunts in or some grey knights if you want a countercharge (They Rock)

2. Place a Basilisk for your extra points. As good as indirect fire is, Vary rarly are you going to do very good with it expessially if you are using the new vehical rules and rolling 2d6 with your scatter die. I prefer the 100 basilisk behind a hill. It will often take Lascannon shots over your leman russ which is very much worth its points. Then use the 25 points and toss a lascannon in your command squad for a little anty tank goodness

3. Try a Hellhound. With the new rules they have quickly became my farvorite Tank

4. With the Sentinals, here is a nasty trick I have found with them. If you are using them for tank hunters, find 30 points and toss a hunter seeker missle on all 3 (Cause they can move and fire two weapons ) And place them in 3 seperate-1 sentinal squads and use the drop troopers docterine and deep strike them behind the enemy tanks. So far I have used one Lascannon/HSMissle Sentenal and each game he takes down a tank. (1 Prediter Anihalter, 2 Leman Russes, 1 Basilisk behind trees, and a few Dreadknaughts.)

5. Another silly little trick is use a 45 point speacal weapons squad with a demo charge and drop troopers (Will cost 2 Docterines) and Deep Strike Them right beside a squad of termies and watch them die to the lovly 8st 2ap blast...

6. Here are the Docterines I use in my IG army.

Drop Troopers
    Speacal Weapons Teams
    Grenaders (or Sharpshooters)
    Light Infantry
    Close Order Drills

(Light Infantry allows my to infiltrate my 3 man rocket heavy weapon team with direct line of sight to a side armor of a lovely tank with a 10 man cover squad in front )

Hope Thank Helps

John-Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think im gonna try droping the commasars and the grenadeir squad.. for a 2nd infantry platoon with all heavy bolters

i like the idea of deep striking the sentenals for tankhunting from behind, and i agree hunter killer missiles rule. (its one thing ive started doing wih my orks(yay rokkits))...

I love the idea of using them in 3, 1 sentenal squads and deeps striking em where needed 1 at time. Only problem is if they dnt destroy the tank(or said target) the turn they come in its likely the'll be toast. Any thoughs??

ive also decided to drop the xeno fighters.. even though its logical sense allmost 1/2 my games will be gainst my elar friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xeno-fighters won't help much if the squads have a Missile Launcher. And give your HQ and Comissar some weapons. The Basilisk will help, what's a Guard army with only one piece of Ordnance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it is a shootie army. One question though.. can you take Drop Troops and Grenadiers? I just always asumed you could only take one of the Alternative Regimental Ordanizations.

Though it doesnt say you can, it doesnt say you cant. Is ther A FaQ somewhere or doest anyone know?

I would like to use em both cause i hate the idea of switchin doctrine's from game to game, but playing small 500, 400pt games is hard withough using Gernaders for cheap troops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, an army can both have Drop Troops and Grenadiers, but the Stormtrooper squads taken with the Grenadier Doctrine cannot Deep Strike as they are special troops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Myself, I don't rate Imperial Guard characters at all, even tooled up they'll just get battered. I'd be tempted to drop the Commissar and a few other bits to squeeze a 5-man Ratling squad in there. 55 points buys a lot of long-range annoyance for enemy infantry, even Necron Destroyers or Eldar Wraithlords have cause to fear the little blighters! An indirect firing Basilisk is a must, IMHO, especially against tricky Eldar or Tau trying to stay out of LOS. One game I played with my Tau, I lost a Hammerhead first turn to a smack-on Basilisk lob.. ouch. I'd also be tempted to mix up the weapons on the Sentinels- if you're tight for points the 1-2-3 config (1 Lascannon, 1 Autocannon, 1 Multilaser) is versatile, although it does put quite a bit of pressure on that lascannon guy

Majere

Closed Thread