Iron Warriors 1500pt Army Tips - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys i need some tips for my 1500pt iron warrior army list. Im gonna be usually playing armies like 13th company, Necrons, Tau, Tyranids and Templars.

HQ
    Lord Komek - Pair of lightning claws, Teminator armour, D Strength, D Mutation, Spiky bits. [150]
    Lietnant (unnamed) - Kai gun. [70]

Elite
    (6) Terminators - 2 reaper auto cannons. [276]
    (2) Obliterators. [140]

Troops
    (10) CSM - 7 with bolt pistols and cc weapons and 2 with plasma pistols. [160]
    (10) CSM - 7 with bolt pistols and cc weapons and 2 with plasma pistols. [160]
    (6) CSM - 4 with bolters and 1 with lascannon. [99]
    (5) CSM - 4 with bolters and 1 with lascannon. [85]

Heavy Support
    (7) Havoc Squad - 1 with bolter and 4 with missile launchers [178]
    (7) Havoc Squad - 1 with bolter and 4 with missile launchers [178]

my stratagy is to have the 2 combat squad's in front (alot of fodder) with Komek and my lieuntant(good medium range space marine killers, plus combat), obliterators waddle after them, 2 lascannon squads and 2 havoc squads just sit back shotting any threat, and terminators deep strike anywhere needed, if my opponents forces are crumbling by this time i deep strike behind giving them the choice of either assaulting my terminators(lol) or running to my combat squad while getting shot from all sides. the choice of death is there's.

I've only had three games with my iron warriors but won them all but i have a feel somthing is gonna come up and bite me in the arse. so what do i need to change, add, remove whatever?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a pretty good lists and while the Iron warriors fluff is really kewl you havnt utilized any of there advantages in this army. they can have up to three squads of oblits and can sacrifice two fast attack for a heavy support. your army doesnt even use one of these.

So my first suggestion is to at least split the oblits into two squads. this will give you more freedom when it comes to chooseing targets as they wont have to fire at the same one.

second CSM's dont really make good fodder at I believe 14 pts each. especially with the units being size ten. they make a good fireing base but I would personnally ignore them as they can only move 6" a turn and are all armed with cc weapons and pistols. I would then focus on the havoks squads, oblits and warsmith. If everything went well these would be dead or severely weakend by say turn two or three I could then be able to tear into the CSM's at my leasuire.

now I have allways liked the idea of keeping the termies in reserve and popping them in where they can do the most damage. while I have not personnally used this tactic i have heard horror stories of them deepstriking wrong and materializing on top of a unit or off the board. just something to think about but I do like the idea.

these are just my ideas but yeah have fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK..... FODDER NO MORE!!!

HQ
    Lord Komek - Pair of lightning claws, Teminator armour, D Strength, D Mutation, Spiky bits. [150]

Elite
    (2) Obliterators. [140]
    (2) Obliterators. [140]
    (5) Terminators with 1 reaper autocannon. [200]

Troops
    (9) CSM - 7 with bolt pistols and cc weapons and 2 with plasma pistols. [146]
    (9) CSM - 7 with bolt pistols and cc weapons and 2 with plasma pistols. [146]
    (6) CSM - 5 with bolters and 1 with lascannon. [99]

Heavy Support
    (6) Havoc Squad - 2 with bolters and 4 with missile launchers [164]

TOTAL [1518] a bit over the limit and im thinking of putting in an aspiring champ for the 2 combat squads. should i worry bout the asp champs or not? and how should i bring down the total a bit more?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

you may want to think about adding an aspiring champion to at 2 of the squads. maybe make the 9 man squads 8 man squads, add a aspiring with a power weapon. power weapons ignore armor saves, which can help.

also, maybe make those 6 man lascannon squads 5 man squads. i use 5 man squads for the lascannon, and positioning. then with 2 squads up front for assualt purposes the IW don't have to have everything sitting and shooting.

btw: i don't use a chaos lt. i use dreadnaughts instead. i've noticed not a lot of chaos players use them, but they can really tie up a squad in CC with minimal help. mutate the hull, and str 4 attacks cant touch it. which means it can wade into a regular marine squad and can't be touched. as long as they don't have krak grenades, etc.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the changes you made. should be a pretty balanced list. I also like to see the multiples of three as that is kinda fluffy for IW. One question I do have. I dont have my codex here to check the costs myself did you add tankhunter to the havok squads. its a pretty good buy for the points they ask for.

btw: i don't use a chaos lt. i use dreadnaughts instead. i've noticed not a lot of chaos players use them, but they can really tie up a squad in CC with minimal help. mutate the hull, and str 4 attacks cant touch it. which means it can wade into a regular marine squad and can't be touched. as long as they don't have krak grenades, etc.
    Im pretty sure you cant take a dreadnaught for an HQ. I suppose you could use the model as a IW demon prince (they have mechanical demons possess cybernetics instead of wierd mutations) but no actual dreadnaughts in the HQ. there only heavy support

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no i dont think its needed considering i have six strength 9 lascannons already(counting the obliterators) the missile launchers ar more for troop killing.

i've added the 2 aspiring champions in at the expence of a termionator and 2 plasma guns. the plasma guns would probably only slow down my assault squad anyway)

HQ
    Lord Komek - Pair of lightning claws, Teminator armour, D Strength, D Mutation, Spiky bits, retinue. [150]
    Komek's retinue - (4) Terminators with 1 reaper autocannon. [164]

Elite
    (2) Obliterators. [140]
    (2) Obliterators. [140]

Troops
    (8+1) CSM - 8 with bolt pistols and cc weapons and 1 aspiring champion with power fist, bolt pistol. [155]
    (8+1) CSM - 8 with bolt pistols and cc weapons and 1 aspiring champion with power weapon, d strength, boltpistol. [155]

Heavy Support

TOTAL - 1500 exactly

Any other changes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that havocs w/ autocannons and tankhunters are a very versatile anti-tank/anti-infantry measure, and they cost the same as the missile launchers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmmm that's an idea....i'll plan on buying some of those. thanx.

i'll be playing my friend tomorrow with this army but the problem is he has 3 different armies so who knows what i'll be fighting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i won! i played his templars with a few daemon hunters in his army. damn i hate daemon hunters! it came pretty close at one stage when his grand master rolled to see if his weapon would kill me out right(he just had to pass a leadership test) he rolled an 11...damn he was *****ed but it gave my lord a chance to wipe him and someof his fellow terminators out. it could of gotten messy if my lord died, the grandmaster could of ran around killing anything he wanted with ease.
    very close but very good battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you were that worried about the grand master you coulda just blown him up after all.....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast