500 Points Crimson Fist Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At my local GW, We are having a 40K Tourney and we usually play 500 points.
    Here is my Crimson Fist Force : Orion IX

Troops

Squad Aquila : 10 Marines, one seargant with close combat weapon and bolt pistol, one lascannon and a flamer. 171 pts

Squad Strife : 10 Marines, one seargent with close combat weapon and bolt pistol. one heavy bolter and a meltagun. 165 pts

Force Hero Ocelot : Force Commander, Lightning Claw, Melta Pistol, Jump Pack, Artificer Armour, Iron Halo. 165 pts

All together 501 Points

Do you think I am aloud to use 1 more point? Please say.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who is with your froce commander? i would dump the lascannons in that one squad and go for a melta gun, as yu cant move and fire your las cannon.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don&#39;t know.........
    The ten man squads looks great but the force comander eats up major points.
    For the price of him you could have another full tac squad. My advice is to drop him and take a cheap chaplain. Then take the lascannon out of the first squad and with the points you&#39;ve freed up make a small shooty squad. It will be a bit over so you might have to drop a marine in a squad. But if you have the first to squads (the ten men ones) march up with the chaplain and let the small one go hunting (im assuming that you wanted the lascannon to kill tanks and big scary hq) it should work out fine.

As for the one point are you playing at a GW soter (located in a mall with every thing GW) or in a Roge Trator store? the RT might the games GW won&#39;t.
    "you don't under stand, my empathy for you could fit in a match box, with the matches in it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play at a GW store but we dont usually check army lists although with the size of my marine army for the points its a very likely thing to happen. Good idea about the lascannon swap, im going to put in a meltagun instead freeing up 11 points. As for the force commander, I really like my HQs badly but i suppose a chaplain is a better idea. Here is how i would be using my new army without modifications if it helps although i will be swappiing weaps ect...
    I put my force commander in deep strike since i dont have any back up squads. I put my heavy bolter squad forward into fireing position of a large infantery movement. I move the lascannon into a fireing position around 30 inchs away from the nearest squad. If the lasscannon squad get deepstriked I can use my flamer to quickly dispatch of the enemy and while any remenants will be gunned down by bolters. My heavy bolter squad will clear out any offensive infantery near enough to give any bother. The force commander will then hopefully deep strike and that shall be within around 14 inchs of the armour. my lascannon squad will then focus on any armour/elites (Note this is done on multiple turns and id of moved first ect...) My force commander then fire his melta pistol at the tank and then assaults it. The remainder of my force pick off any remains of the enemy force. Although what is likely to happen is it will be something like eldar which will quickly wipe me out or i just have an average battle which means i lose exteremly bad by alot of enemy weapons being fired at once. Im not going to use this strategy now unless any of you like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see now the flamer is a defensive weapon....... I see the army diffrenly now but there is still one thing, there is not such thing as a melta pistol. Perhaps you mean plasma pistol? Or are you giving him mealt bombs? Also is there any benift to a single lightning claw? I thought you needed 2 to get the benifits. As an after thought makes sure he has frag grenaids nothing worse that stright last in cover&#33;
    "you don't under stand, my empathy for you could fit in a match box, with the matches in it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im sorry I meant inferno Pistol, either way it rocked in the game I played against necrons tonight, it killed a previously un harmed necron tomb spyder. As for the lightning claw, You get an extra attack if you have 2 lightning claws but your still get to re-roll an attack if you just have one I am sure, but anyway im thinking of giving him a thunder hammer again, or a frostblade or somthing like that. If i can use frostblades...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im still not familiar with the inferno pistol (is it a special rule?) the only person who i know of that has something of that nature is the blood angel lord dante. But don&#39;t give your comander a thunder hammer insheitive 5 is a terrable thing to waist&#33; (if you want to be really cheap you can say that they are dark andgles and give him a sword of secrets S6 power weapon&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point, I was thinking of making instead of crimson fists, a dark angels succsessor chapter because there is virtually no special rules for them apart from their commander which is abit of a blow for me
    I dont think you can use other chapters special weapons but its something I should probably look up. Thanks for the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SoS is actualy a special peice of wargear for dark angles. Do you get white dwarf? Because this month there is a index astardas about the Crimson fists. Your right there no special rules, but looking at the fluff it says that most of the chapter has been destroyed by orks so it has only close to a company left (i think). Wich seems to say that you are intilted to feild lots of scouts (the new recruts to build the chapter) and then lots of elites choices (the few surviors)&#33; So you could make your army based around a copple of good sized scout squads and a veteran squads or two with a comad squad accompaning your comander&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya dont take heavy weapons take assualt weapons and id allow 1 more piont

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast